Carolina Polk Fest 2013. October 11-13

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2013
    Guys I hate to say it but I will not be able to make it this year. I am on call with work and can't get anyone to switch with me. On top of that I am going on vacation the following weekend. I really am going to miss everyone. Have a drink or two or twenty for me and raise a lot of money for the Githens Center. I will see everyone next year.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited October 2013
    I hope all you guys who can attend have a great time, and I am sincerely sorry that I cannot figure out a way to manipulate my schedule to be there. Last year's Polkfest was such a great experience for me.

Have fun! Listen well! Tip a few!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited October 2013
    i'll be there, road trip
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited October 2013
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Guys I hate to say it but I will not be able to make it this year. I am on call with work and can't get anyone to switch with me. On top of that I am going on vacation the following weekend. I really am going to miss everyone. Have a drink or two or twenty for me and raise a lot of money for the Githens Center. I will see everyone next year.

you suck balls!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2013
    Okay gang, time is getting short...just a week away!!

Just trying to get an idea of when folks are going to roll in.....what I was thinking for Friday night was to have dinner here at the restaurant if people so wished and then perhaps head back to the Rancho de No Concerno.....

What say you all?
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    edited October 2013
    Will be there 1am Friday!! :)

JK, I am down for Friday night arrival
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,306
    edited October 2013
    Wednesday isn't too early is it? *smiles*

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited October 2013
    Troy-

Probably going to Myrtle Beach Friday to get a room for my wife and then I'll drive down Saturday morning and stay most of the day before heading back to Myrtle. Could you PM address and contact info please. Thanks.

Travis
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2013
    ohskigod wrote: »
    you suck balls!

I love you too.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited October 2013
    Unfortunately I won't be able to attend as I squandered most of my vacation days and need some time for deer hunting, plus we are busy at work. I guess I will miss out meeting you fellow polkies. I was wondering if non attendees can participate in the raffle? More participants means more $'s for the Githens center. I hope that you all have a blast.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2013
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Unfortunately I won't be able to attend as I squandered most of my vacation days and need some time for deer hunting, plus we are busy at work. I guess I will miss out meeting you fellow polkies. I was wondering if non attendees can participate in the raffle? More participants means more $'s for the Githens center. I hope that you all have a blast.

Unfortunately, my call is that the goodies are for attendees only, however, we would never turn down a donation for the Githens Center.

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Wednesday isn't too early is it? *smiles*

Tom

Yes, Weds is too early for me...ha, ha!

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Anyone got a decent pair of stands that they can bring for the 703's???

I'll root around in my attic, but I don't think I have any....

BDT
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,306
    edited October 2013
    I have a pair of Target stands we can use. They stand at right about 2' tall. Would that put them both at optimal listening height?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Tom, I think that would be just fine....

BDT
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2013
    I'm in.

I don't recall saying this. I can't commit to dinner on Friday night until I know what TLW has planned for us.

Good call on the remote raffle no-go. The logistics are probably insurmountable. Tedwick runs it anyway, so see what he says.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Well, Wendi will be at the restaurant if that greases the skids, so to speak. After dinner, I'm sure that there will be time to catch up while she leaves me to mop the floors and lock up.

Yeah, this has been a thing in the past and I just think that those that attend, and I realize that there are many good reasons why people can't so I'm not judging, should be the benefactors.

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Also, looks like the stars may have aligned, the PF vets will remember, but Flexible Anna is probably going to be attending again this year...

BDT
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,647
    edited October 2013
    TroyD wrote: »
    Also, looks like the stars may have aligned, the PF vets will remember, but Flexible Anna is probably going to be attending again this year...

BDT

Sounds like a blow up doll. Wish I could be there...
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2013
    I'm kinda surprised they still let me on here. I'd-a-thunk my passwords would be nulled by now. They certainly don't pay attention to anything else I say anymore. Times have changed, my friends.

Troy: Melissa & I are looking forward to seeing you, Wendy, and all these goons at your house on Saturday. We're thinking of driving down on Saturday morning, getting to you early afternoon, and staying for a while before driving back up to Myrtle to stay the night there. You know how I am about driving at night on 17... As an elderly member I might have to call it a party by dusk! (Kidding. We'll bring the car that we most want to destroy via deer impact.)

I'm glad you were able to get some gimmes from today's Polk, but I will bring you something classic that I dug out of storage that will make some old-timers' eyes light up. Maybe you can auction it off (even tho I'd prefer to be greedy about it myself).

Any other actual Polk and former-Polk people showing up? Everyone's gonna have to wear name tags.

Micah!
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    See what you guys are missing? A bona fide Polk LEGEND. I'm amped. (Is that still a valid term? I'm sooo not with it)....

DAYS away, folks. DAYS.

Ok, and for the umpteenth time.....who is DEFINATELY in?

BDT
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited October 2013
    IN....Will try to hit the restaurant friday (what time are you shooting for?) Saturday is a go also.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    edited October 2013
    With deep regret, it's not in the cards for me this time.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Jesse,

I just got your msg (I don't check my voice mail...I know, I know). I'll give you a call tonight.....man, that sucks. PF just won't be the same.

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    @ Dave....Friday is going to depend on when people roll into town...was thinking 7ish?

BDT
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    edited October 2013
    So, a good friend of mine, who is apparently scheduling the worst planned wedding ever has decided the bachelor party is this Friday...

So... I will be partying hard Friday here, driving to PF super early Saturday morning, partying hard all day with the crazies, then driving back Saturday Night...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,525
    edited October 2013
    VR3 wrote: »
    So, a good friend of mine, who is apparently scheduling the worst planned wedding ever has decided the bachelor party is this Friday...

So... I will be partying hard Friday here, driving to PF super early Saturday morning, partying hard all day with the crazies, then driving back Saturday Night...

Sounds like you need to have a video camera and a crate of 5 hour energy or Monster in your car :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2013
    Have fun you guys!
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Just a couple days away...tick tock, tick tock!

BDT