What are you playing?

Comments

• chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    edited April 2013
    Tried replaying GT5 again today, just couldn't do it! That game has lost it's replay value. Need to get some new games. I'm not up to date on the current line up for the PS3, any good titles out there? Thanks in advance.
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited April 2013
    Chef, do you remember how many enjoyable hours you spend playing the GT1 and GT2 games with your pals on your playstation back in the day? Friends would come over and spend so__ many fun filled hours just playing against each other. Those games were a blast and Sony sold jillions of them. I bought the GT5 game when it came out and I tried to like it but kept getting disappointed with it.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited April 2013
    I've been wanted to try GT5 but seems many like the older games. I think I might give it a try at some point. I'm not really a gamer but plan to jump back into it. Last thing i was really into was Far Cry on PC.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • chefkungfu
    edited April 2013
    Hey Polkie2009, I sure do remember those days!!! Spent many countless hours at night, even made a pot of coffee just so I could stay away! It's a pitty when you finaly reach 100% game completion, then the novelty wares off:(
    Oh well, I sure hope the next installment is different.
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • chefkungfu
    edited April 2013
    Give a try, If you like fine tuning your rides, then this game is for you! After spending some time on the game, the replay value may ware off, unless your a car nut like me!!
    Frank.
    WLDock wrote: »
    I've been wanted to try GT5 but seems many like the older games. I think I might give it a try at some point. I'm not really a gamer but plan to jump back into it. Last thing i was really into was Far Cry on PC.
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited April 2013
    Steam had WarFrame for free last night, so I went ahead and gave it a spin. It actually wasn't too bad. I can see where they want to nickel and dime you to death for items, etc, but you can still have fun with the totally free side of things. A 3rd person coop shooter. More fun than I expected it to be to be honest.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2013
    FIFA13, the new Gears, and hopefully MLB the Show soon.
  • CKSasquatch
    CKSasquatch Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Just finished the Telltale Walking Dead. Possibly one of the best games I've ever played.
  • Goldenboy72206
    Goldenboy72206 Posts: 126
    edited April 2013
    NBA2K13 is the best bball game ever
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited April 2013
    Half way through Dead Space 3 right now... the game is a blast. The way they let you totally customize your weapons from scratch is unreal. i've never have dreamed in my wildest dreams to enjoy building weapons like this on a game.

A must play, if you enjoyed the first 2 in the slightest.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Pastorfuzz
    Pastorfuzz Posts: 24
    edited April 2013
    Just finished Enslaved and the new Tomb Raider.
    Tomb Raider is good, but Enslaved is much better.
    Going to start Witcher 2 soon.
  • inson71
    inson71 Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    Pastorfuzz wrote: »
    Just finished Enslaved and the new Tomb Raider.
    Tomb Raider is good, but Enslaved is much better.
    Going to start Witcher 2 soon.

I just finished the new Tomb Raider as well. Loved it! What is Enslaved? Looking for a new game to start.
    Onkyo Pr-sc 5509
    Parasound 2250/Parasound 5125
    SVS PB 12 Plus
    Denon DBP-2012 Bluray
    Polk RTI 8, CSI 3, 4 FXI 3
    Sony 55" LCD
  • plainoledave
    plainoledave Posts: 408
    edited May 2013
    Bram Stoker's Dracula. Sorry about the horrible picture. :eek:
    bsdcrappy.jpg
  • Clownbaby
    Clownbaby Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    chefkungfu wrote: »
    Last night I decided to pull out the old c-64 & played space taxi, and Bruce Lee!!!
    To my suprise, the dang dinosaur still worked! LOL.

Hey Taxi!

Pad 4 please
  • amgala
    amgala Posts: 111
    edited May 2013
    I just bought God of War: Ascension for my PS3. It's similar to the other GoW's but the graphics are much better of course.
    Front Speakers: Polk Audio LSi15 x 2
    Center Speaker: Polk Audio LSiC
    Rear Speakers: Polk Audio LSiF/X x 2
    Subwoofers: Polk Audio PSW505 x 2
    AVR: Denon AVR-3313CI
    Amp: Emotiva XPA-5
  • jflail2
    edited May 2013
    Gonna go pick up MLB 13 for the PS3 after work today. I haven't been hitting the console much as of late, but I'm in the mood for some baseball, and this should scratch the itch nicely.

• jflail2
    edited May 2013
    MLB is every bit as fun as I thought it would be. Don't hesitate to pick it up if you're a baseball fan and PS3 owner. I have my "road to the show" player in double A right now; should be called up to triple A soon if all goes well.

• trog69
    trog69 Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    I have the first two DS games, but I haven't even installed them yet. I'm soooo backed up with older games I haven't played yet. Right now I'm still playing Fallout 3 because of the A World of Pain mod that is just perfect. Skyrim was a lot of fun, but when I installed the Morrowind Overhaul to MW, I have been blown away by how much I missed playing that game. Mass Effect 1/2 are also waiting in the queue. As a retiree, I just don't have the urge to hurry through the collection, but instead I just love to wander!

I built this PC for gaming only, and I made sure I had the juice and mobo for SLI in case one gtx680 FTW card wasn't powerful enough for 1440p, my next expenditure. heh.
  • Syndil
    Syndil Posts: 1,582
    edited May 2013
    A lot of games in my queue as well. I've started on Mass Effect 1 but I am finding it not a good fit for my tastes. A lot of walking around talking to people with very little action, and when the action does begin you are saddled with two squad mates that are incapable of thinking for themselves or keeping themselves alive. Pretty much played the game up until the first real action sequence (which took like two or three hours) and then one the firefight began, my two squadmates died, I got pissed at the game and haven't played it since.

Bough X-Com Enemy Unknown and have been playing that. I'm a huge fan of the X-COM series and actually still play the original games every now and then. Terror From the Deep is one my favorite games of all time, and it still has a cult following. You can buy it (and the rest of the original DOS X-COM games) on Steam, even. But there's never been a decent followup to the original X-COM series. They tried a FPS with Enforcer, but they never got back to the roots that everyone loves: turn-based strategy. Well Enemy Unknown finally addresses that. It's very gratifying to be playing a new turn-based X-COM game. Follows the original formula close enough to get it right, with some great updates, and of course the graphics compared to the originals (which are from the 90s)... Well you get the idea.

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • ThirdWorldGuy
    ThirdWorldGuy Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    chefkungfu wrote: »
    I'm re-playing MGS4, on the ps3.... for the 5th time.

hahaha I love MGS4 aswell, Played through it twice(on Solid Normal then on Big Boss Hard) and now on the third play through I'm stuck because 'The Boss Extreme' difficulty is just too hard man. Beating Vamp is just near-impossible. I can do it if I give it enough time but man...

Got a bit off-topic,
    Massive gamer here,

Been playing these games recently:
    Gran Turismo 5(last 2 endurance races left),
    GTA 4 : Episode From Liberty City on PC with just car mods (BMW 7 series and Lexus LX 570 <3),
    Finally played Half-Life 1 on PC,
    and Age of Empires 2 HD.
  • digitalsonic
    digitalsonic Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    army of two: the devils cartel
  • Poolgod69
    Poolgod69 Posts: 184
    edited May 2013
    COD MFW 1 Zombies MODS primarily or COD MWF 3 both on PC.
    Marantz SR 5010
    Kenwood DR-V5070
    Polk RTi A9- Mains
    CSI A6- Center
    Elemental Designs A2-300 Subwoofer
    Panamax M4300-PM Power Conditioner

Working on updating my set up :rolleyes:
  • domflane
    domflane Posts: 653
    edited May 2013
    I'm still stuck on SWTOR. I thought I'd never be into MMO's as I was a console die hard most of my life, but I have to say, I've changed my ways, lol. My xBox and PS3 haven't been on in months . .
    Home Theater
    RTiA5 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - PSW650 - Pioneer Elite SC-55 - Carver AV-505 - Sony 46" 120Hz - Monster HP 2400 - Xbox 360 - Playstation 3
    2 Channel
    Polk RTA 15TL - Harman Kardon HK3485 - HK DVD48 - Signal Cable IC's and speaker cables
  • jflail2
    edited May 2013
    MLB13 continues to eat up all of my spare time. Road to the show mode is beyond addictive....

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2013
    Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning. Holy crap!! How did this fly under the radar and bankrupt the studio???? Must have been the god-awful title because I am DEAD serious when I say this game bests Skyrim in every conceivable area. I'm just absolutely floored that word of mouth hasn't resurrected this one from the bargain bins. First and foremost, the combat is on par with anything in God of War or Devil May Cry. The art direction is gorgeous. No glitches or bugs that I have found (in a game that rivals Skyrim in scope). Amazing leveling system. Easiest menu system to navigate that I have ever seen in a newer generation RPG of this complexity.

And most of all... it's just effin' balls out fun to play.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited May 2013
    Been playing COD MW2 co-op split screen. Love taking out those juggernauts with the sniper rifle 50 cal. :).
  • pork
    pork Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    Currently working on Midnight Club: Los Angeles (PS3) and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360). Way too many games in my library I have yet to start and/or complete.
    Mellow greetings. What seems to be your boggle?
  • Syndil
    Syndil Posts: 1,582
    edited May 2013
    Same here. I keep buying them when Steam puts them on sale. I have probably over a dozen titles I have yet to play.

I did however recently get interested in filming my gaming exploits. Here's my first vid, showing off my helicopter flying in Ravaged:

http://youtu.be/1h2JQvvpsZA

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • pork
    pork Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    Syndil wrote: »
    Same here. I keep buying them when Steam puts them on sale. I have probably over a dozen titles I have yet to play.

I did however recently get interested in filming my gaming exploits. Here's my first vid, showing off my helicopter flying in Ravaged:

http://youtu.be/1h2JQvvpsZA

I never played Ravaged before. Looks pretty fun, though, I have heard mixed things about it. If it goes on sale maybe I'll give it a try. Cool video, too.

And I have to agree with you about Steam. That damn service is killin' me. I have a really bad habit of buying games for a few bucks just because it's on sale. For example, I just bought the Alan Wake Series for three dollars. I will probably not even play it for at least a few months but it was just three bucks so I bought it. It's going to sit in my list collecting e-dust.

On top of that, I have buttloads of PS3 and Xbox games that are still sealed because I bought them for dirt-cheap and just never got around to playing them. Titles include Red Dead Redemption GOTY, Uncharted 1, 2, 3, Dante's Inferno, Ni No Kuni, Tales of somethingorother, Resonance of Fate, .... .... omg way, way too many.
    Mellow greetings. What seems to be your boggle?
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited May 2013
    Gears of War and Black Ops 2.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580