Boston Marathon Explosion

Comments

• SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    edited April 2013
    These people are despicable! What are we going to do to straighten out society?
    Too much **** to list....
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited April 2013
    Hug your loved ones tight. Tell them every day. Life's too short for them not to hear it.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited April 2013
    We have a son who works a block away from that spot. He texted us "immediately" to tell us he was not affected but heard the blasts go off in his office building many flights up! Still at work, I advised he might want to take care getting "home" tonight--consider alternate routes (he lives in the city). This stuff is scary; a terrible tragedy. So senseless, so many "innocents", always!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited April 2013
    Terrible. I am disgusted.

My buddy's doctor once told him to not watch the news as much.

That doctor is correct, read this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/apr/12/news-is-bad-rolf-dobelli

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited April 2013
    Another sad day. My heart goes out to those affected by this senseless act.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jason_k
    Jason_k Posts: 110
    edited April 2013
    Whats wrong with people. Sad sad news
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited April 2013
    WBZ in Boston is echoing the NY Post's early claim about the "Saudi in custody" (FWIW):

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/15/several-hurt-in-explosions-at-boston-marathon-finish-line/

We had friends running today - everyone we know is accounted for, fortunately. A real weird scene today at work (in Lexington) while this news was unfolding.

HHStuart... didnt' realize anyone else here was out in our general neck of the woods (I-495 corridor).
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited April 2013
    Sad day. Yeah, best thing to do today is pray and try to keep those around you (especially little ones) strong. The truth will be slowly be know. The investigation is ongoing so you can't take everything the news is saying as fact.
  • EricFromMich
    EricFromMich Posts: 38
    edited April 2013
    Just dont understand, I know this is not the place to talk about things like this. My heart goes out to all the affected . The one or ones that can do things like this I cant even put into words.........................................................................................................................................................................................
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited April 2013
    Prayers for the dead and injured. Very sad day in America.
    Carl

• F1nut
    edited April 2013
    Now reporting 3 killed and more than 130 injured.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SDA1C
    edited April 2013
    Thank GOD the culprits are stupid! And by stupid I mean dumb as UCK. The explosive were put in trash cans. Others with military demo exp can bolster. By putting the device in the cans they cut the damage in one quarter. Thank the lord for uneducated terrorist. We need to annihilate the country of origin! Ally or other wise. We need to put an end to this activity. In SPADES! I love my country men (yes even you Brock!) My great grand dad to my oldest son have served either USMC or USArmy without interruption. We are patriots and continue to serve our flag util our death. BELIVE THAT! It is time for action.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited April 2013
    Jhayman wrote: »
    Of course that's what they want Fear, unfortunately I have a 14 yr old, and both of us just lost, him his mother and my wife to Cancer 2 yrs ago.
    So it's only him and myself so I have bigger things to worry about.
    If I was single no problem.
    My son is the most important person in the world to me so I would rather not take that chance plenty of other places to visit in Obama land..
    And in my post you will see the word"think" which means just that..

Then you had better "think" about avoiding any major city in the world. Not just "Obama land" as you call it.
    Avoid Toronto: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Ontario_terrorism_plot
    In fact, avoid a lot of places in Canadastan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Canada

Anyway, the CNN blog reports [Update, 7:57 p.m. ET] Doctors are "pulling ball bearings out of people in the emergency room," a terrorism expert briefed on the investigation told CNN's Deborah Feyerick.
    [Update, 8:36 p.m. ET] Investigators have warned law enforcement officers to be on the lookout for a "darker-skinned or black male" with a possible foreign accent in connection with Monday's bombings at the Boston Marathon, according to a law enforcement advisory obtained by CNN.

The man was seen with a black backpack and sweatshirt and was trying to get into a restricted area about five minutes before the first explosion, the lookout notice states.

Several sources are saying that the person in the hospital isn't a suspect but a "person of interest we are talking to..."
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited April 2013
    Man, prayers for all effected by this. I know we have to wait for more details to come out, but my guess is a terrorist wanna-be. Most likely the kind you find on the web, possibly even a college student. I think real terrorists would have gone bigger to maximize casualties. Just a guess though, I'm hoping the real culprit blew him/herself up in the process. Sick people out there for sure.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Timothy Smith
    Timothy Smith Posts: 764
    edited April 2013
    jephdood wrote: »
    Interesting that none of the major news outlets are reporting any validity to this Saudi dude.

It might be because the major news outlets frequently don't have any validity.
    Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player
  • tonyb
    edited April 2013
    It might be because the major news outlets frequently don't have any validity.

Amen to that !!

I haven't seen any of the major networks grab any interviews with anyone.....nothin'. Back in the day, they'd have 'em lined up waiting to talk on camera.

Just heard about the 8 year old boy too, shakes your faith to the core. I really hope we catch these ****'S tie them up over a few sticks of dynamite and let this kids parents lite the fuse.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SDA1C
    edited April 2013
    tonyb wrote: »
    I really hope we catch these ****'S tie them up over a few sticks of dynamite and let this kids parents lite the fuse.

My new best friend!
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2013
    Very, very sad indeed.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2013
    Sad and senseless act of cowardice
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited April 2013
    supposed to run a half marathon in dc next week..good thing we got trip insurance...
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited April 2013
    I live close to Boston and I have been going to the marathon for over 45 years rain or shine. It's a great event and I take a day off from work to always attend. For the past 25 years I have been riding my bike to the marathon and usually follow the route on side roads from Newton to Kenmore Square during the race. I also usually get there early around 10:30. My observation yesterday was that there were many many more police than ever. I saw for example 35 police on mtn bikes riding in a pack near Cleveland Circle. The motorcycle police were just to many to count. There were police every where you looked walking and in cars. I noted this observation to my wife after I got home at 1:30. In fact there were more police than spectators in the moring.

I hope this murder does not effect the future marathons but I feel there will be many more restrictions for the spectators.

I'll be back next year.
  • xdfireguy
    xdfireguy Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    A day later and still speechless. It was not fun trying to explain this to my six-year old daughter. How do you explain that there are weak minded individuals out there who are too scared to speak up for what they believe, and instead turn to violence? And not, bloody knuckles, rolling in the dirt violence, but distant - as an observer, not even getting their hands dirty type of violence.
    Quickly became Polkanized
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited April 2013
    Not sure how this comment will be taken but what pulled ME into the TV was when they first interviewed the police comissioner and when questioned about the extra police and the report that they were conducting drills in THAT area for THAT type of event... Just like some of the stuff I read regarding Sandy Hook.

We truly live in a disturbed world. I kind of wish I could have grown up in the 60/70's.
  • F1nut
    edited April 2013
    I kind of wish I could have grown up in the 60/70's.

There were plenty of whacko's and bad stuff happening back then too.

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    edited April 2013
    Drenis wrote: »
    We truly live in a disturbed world. I kind of wish I could have grown up in the 60/70's.

I did, and the problems we have today make what we had back then look like Romper Room. I could go on, but I fear that discussion will take a turn for the worst. I guess a simple life isn't looking so bad anymore.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited April 2013
    F1nut wrote: »
    There were plenty of whacko's and bad stuff happening back then too.

But rock was in its prime.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    edited April 2013
    BlueFox wrote: »
    But rock was in its prime.

So was I.

President of Club Polk

• Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited April 2013
    I guess at my age (27), I am unhappy with how my generation has progressed.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited April 2013
    Hope what they are saying right now is true....they may have arrested someone.
This discussion has been closed.