Looking for SDA's? Updated info here!

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited May 2012
    anonymouse wrote: »
    http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/2994460346.html

CRS+ too from the looks for it. Awesome deal.

That is a steal!!
  • villock
    villock Posts: 72
    edited May 2012
    No affiliation with any of these:

SDA 2A's Franklin, MA 250.00
    http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ele/2984446668.html

SDA 1C's Mystic CT 625.00
    http://newlondon.craigslist.org/ele/2973233836.html

2B's East Bay, RI 150.00
    http://southcoast.craigslist.org/for/2972338723.html
    SDA SRS 2.3tls; RDO 198's, Dynamatted, Armaflexed, Gimpod Boards, Crossovers by quadzilla: Clarity ESA 630V, Mills Resistors, Track Audio Spikes, Musky's Curly Maple Caps
    CSi5, FXi5, Rythmik D15SE sub, Pro-Ject Xpression III/Ortofon MC-3 Turbo. Pro-Ject Speed Box. Pro-Ject Tube Box II
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,457
    edited May 2012
    Where's the Polk Express when you need it?
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited May 2012
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • factorz
    factorz Posts: 353
    edited May 2012
  • factorz
    factorz Posts: 353
    edited May 2012
    Another pair in the brew city. I actually went and looked at these and they were very nice, but I decided to hold out in hopes of a later version or 1c popping up.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/3006312296.html
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited May 2012
    If you're in Alberta or close to, SDA's for sale: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/648999942-polk_sdas/

(I think their 1C's? Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Arizona Guy
    Arizona Guy Posts: 27
    edited May 2012
    FYI: Just spotted a pretty decent pair of SDA-2's on ebay. They look to be in good conditon. The starting price is a $99 (with a buy it now price of $140) for the pair with the interconnect cable too! Looks like they are for pick up around the Phoenix, AZ area. Not a bad buy at all. I would buy them myself cause I live in SoCal but already have a pair. Or could I use them for parts?
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited May 2012
    FYI: Just spotted a pretty decent pair of SDA-2's on ebay. They look to be in good conditon. The starting price is a $99 (with a buy it now price of $140) for the pair with the interconnect cable too! Looks like they are for pick up around the Phoenix, AZ area. Not a bad buy at all. I would buy them myself cause I live in SoCal but already have a pair. Or could I use them for parts?

Arizona Guy lives in SoCal but in one of his first two posts identifies a bargain pair of SDAs in Arizona? That's unbelievable. Really.

You're not fooling anyone.
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited May 2012
    Amazing how that happens Dawg.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Arizona Guy
    edited May 2012
    Big Dawg wrote: »
    Arizona Guy lives in SoCal but in one of his first two posts identifies a bargain pair of SDAs in Arizona? That's unbelievable. Really.

You're not fooling anyone.

A fellow forum member blasting me for my username? Just meant to give the heads up on a deal for some SDA's. I always watch for Polk deals in the southwest areas. Not that I have to explain, but I am originally from Tucson (now in SoCal). Is it really an unbelievable coincidence, or do you wish that you could buy those SDA's and live too far away? You're the one that's not fooling anyone.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2012
    Arizona: we are a bit Leary when it comes to folks with very low post counts listing items for sale they found In CL. As the forum requires 100 post before a member can sell items many people join to post about a deal they saw when in fact they are the seller and just don't want to abide by those rules. Couple that with the fact your username leads one to assume your in Arizona which just happens to be where the deal is.

If we are wrong out apologies but we protect our forum with ferocity :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Arizona Guy
    edited May 2012
    Arizona: we are a bit Leary when it comes to folks with very low post counts listing items for sale they found In CL. As the forum requires 100 post before a member can sell items many people join to post about a deal they saw when in fact they are the seller and just don't want to abide by those rules. Couple that with the fact your username leads one to assume your in Arizona which just happens to be where the deal is.

Boy, I guess I picked the wrong username then. Too late now. I just joined this forum because I never knew that it existed. Didn't know that you needed 100 plus posts before people would take you seriously. Anyway, apology accepted. Thank you.:cool:
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2012
    Boy, I guess I picked the wrong username then. Too late now. I just joined this forum because I never knew that it existed. Didn't know that you needed 100 plus posts before people would take you seriously. Anyway, apology accepted. Thank you.:cool:

Well the example I posted actually just happened 2 or 3 times in the last couple weeks, so you just got screwed by bad timing lol.....

Its ok when I first started I accidentally tried to sell some R50's on the forum with under 100 posts.... they were "gentle" but my thread disappeared quickly lol..
  • Arizona Guy
    edited May 2012
    It looks like those SDA's on ebay were sold cause the listing ended early. Wish I could have made the drive from Cal to buy them for extra parts in case I ever needed them for my 2A's. Still a new guy to this forum, but very much looking forward to real Polk related discussions without some trying to call me out. I guess in the future I will think twice about providing a tip on what looked to be a good deal on Polk's. So pleased to have found this site and very happy to be here. Thanks! :cheesygrin:[/I]

• kcoc321
    kcoc321 Posts: 1,788
    edited May 2012
    Looks like a pretty decent pair of SDA 2b's in Seattle (Mercer Island) for $400 on CL
    IDK about the relative $$ value, but at least they are not beat up. :)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/3043138447.html

IMG_8046.jpg
  • renowilliams
    renowilliams Posts: 920
    edited June 2012
    I was looking at e-bay and saw these. Looks like a good deal to me for a pair of SDA SRS 2 speakers. If they were near mr i would grab them. No affiliation with seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-SDA-Signature-Reference-System-2-/170862138058?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item27c82d52ca
    "They're always talking about my drinking, but never mention my thirst" Oscar Wilde

Pre-Amp: Anthem AVM 20
    Amp: Carver TFM-35
    Amp: Rotel RB-870BX
    Fronts : SDA 1B w/ RDO-194s
    T.V.:Plasma TC-P54G25
    Bluray: Oppo BDP-93
    Speaker Cables: MIT Terminater
    Interconnect Cables:DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1isonic
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    edited June 2012
    One of our Florida Polkies needs to jump on these!
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • chandler9a
    chandler9a Posts: 877
    edited June 2012
    I was looking at e-bay and saw these. Looks like a good deal to me for a pair of SDA SRS 2 speakers. If they were near mr i would grab them. No affiliation with seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-SDA-Signature-Reference-System-2-/170862138058?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item27c82d52ca

I just saw these, someone here definitely needs to grab them if they are in good shape.
  • evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited June 2012
    I was looking at them too. In fact I have an under the minimum reserve bid on them. I already have the CRS+ that I've had since new, and have them tl'd, upgraded etc. But, I fell in love with my friend's 1c's. I'm reading now on the sda srs2. It looks like it's the blade blade which is eligable for tl upgrade for the rdo198 tweeters. My wife would just have to deal with the additional speakers. Does anyone have any thoughts on these? Even if not in perfect shape the price seems to be a steal. It's about 4 hours drive for me, but I have friends and family I could visit to help justify the trip. Like I really need any other justification?

Anyone have thoughts on these as compared to 1c's, or even my crs+?

I would somehow incorporate my crs+ into my system, probably as rear speakers.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • renowilliams
    renowilliams Posts: 920
    edited June 2012
    I have been looking a long time for a pair of sda 2.0,2.3 and or 3.1's, that were anywhere near close enough for me to get. Last year I found a pair of 2.3's located in north carolina. I offered to pay the seller to meet me at the border,but no luck. Anyway, I would think that the sda 2.0 would at least be sonically as good as 1C's. Like I said in my previous post, I would definatley get them.

good luck
    "They're always talking about my drinking, but never mention my thirst" Oscar Wilde

Pre-Amp: Anthem AVM 20
    Amp: Carver TFM-35
    Amp: Rotel RB-870BX
    Fronts : SDA 1B w/ RDO-194s
    T.V.:Plasma TC-P54G25
    Bluray: Oppo BDP-93
    Speaker Cables: MIT Terminater
    Interconnect Cables:DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1isonic
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited June 2012
    The SRS 2s image better than the 1Cs with the wider mid-woofer placement like your CRS+ models. The bass extension is also a tad better than the 1Cs. At that price, if they were the later PB model they would be a steal. Since they look to be the earlier BB model, they are hampered by not being able to use monoblock amps.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited June 2012
    so long as I use common ground amps then, I should be ok with the blade/blade? I'm fine with that! I went ahead and snagged them, just trying to find a way to actually get them to the house. It appears that they weigh almost twice as much as the 1c studios.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited June 2012
    $325 found here: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/3092810745.html

Not affiliated
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited June 2012
    Good snag EVH- hope you get them home safe and find a spot for them. I just joined the SDA club and am loving it
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited June 2012
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited June 2012
    gimpod wrote: »

He is selling the speakers as well.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited June 2012
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    He is selling the speakers as well.

That's true but the stands are at $0.01 with 1 bid & the speakers at $103.50 with 4 bids and 2 days to go for both, Somebody local needs to jump on these.

Speakers http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLK-AUDIO-SDA-CRS-SPEAKERS-/140781068161?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item20c7349f81
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • EndersShadow
    edited June 2012
    I think I have seen these on here before but some SDA CRS's in KC for 300. Look really good and includes the original SDA cable.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/3107505009.html