Looking for SDA's? Updated info here!

Comments

• gwg_97
    gwg_97 Posts: 332
    edited February 2012

System 1:Nakamichi PA-7Kenwood Basic C2Polk SDA 1C moddedSystem 2:Dynaco ST-70Polk Monitor 5B modded
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited February 2012
    Somebody needs to check this out...claims there is one tweeter blown but otherwise in good condition. Tel # is listed so give him a call. He'll provide pictures on request.

http://oregon.theelectronicsshopper.com/electronics/polk-audio-srs31tl-loudspeakers.html

No affiliation!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • JayCee
    edited February 2012
    Different tel #s on each listing below. Portland CL ad is asking $725 and Electronicsshopper ad is $250. Hopefully, not the same guy posting twice.
    gwg_97 wrote: »
    JayCee wrote: »
    Somebody needs to check this out...claims there is one tweeter blown but otherwise in good condition. Tel # is listed so give him a call. He'll provide pictures on request.

http://oregon.theelectronicsshopper.com/electronics/polk-audio-srs31tl-loudspeakers.html

No affiliation!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited March 2012
    SDA 2's (look like B's to me) in southern Denver.

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/2888678990.html

$300 might be a little steep, especially since he says they have water rings on the tops. No harm in trying to haggle though. The worst he can say is no....
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2012
    audio_alan wrote: »
    SDA 2's (look like B's to me) in southern Denver.

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/2888678990.html

$300 might be a little steep, especially since he says they have water rings on the tops. No harm in trying to haggle though. The worst he can say is no....

I think you need another set Alan.... your house isnt filled floor to ceiling yet...... :razz:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2012
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited March 2012
    I think you need another set Alan.... your house isnt filled floor to ceiling yet...... :razz:

Now that you mention it Ender, I don't have a setup in my attic yet. :wink:

Although, seriously, if they sit there long enough and he drops the price, I might buy them just for spare parts...
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2012
    audio_alan wrote: »
    Now that you mention it Ender, I don't have a setup in my attic yet. :wink:

Although, seriously, if they sit there long enough and he drops the price, I might buy them just for spare parts...

Buy em and then Karma em off........ to me :wink:
  • evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited March 2012
    I sent an email to a friend in Kentucky. It'll get back to my wife who will just laugh and roll her eyes. I'm trying to expand the SDA family.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • WastelandWand'r
    WastelandWand'r Posts: 466
    edited March 2012
    Portland Craigslist. Obviously, well at least it should be, no affiliation.
    Priced High???

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ele/2874715053.html
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • JayCee
    edited April 2012
  • xoaphexox
    xoaphexox Posts: 246
    edited April 2012
    Wow!!

Burson HA-160D > Adcom GFA-5802 > Polk SDA-SRS 1.2tl w/ Mye Sound Spikes, Mills/Sonicap XO, Larry's Rings, Dynamat Extreme, Cardas CCGR Binding Posts and Jumpers, Custom 10ga interconnect, Custom Gaskets, RDO-198
  • Jess69
    Jess69 Posts: 4
    edited May 2012
    Pair of SDA IIs with cable @ the Habitat for Humanity Restore in Boone, NC. They look great with good covers and all cones look good. $1200 828 268 9696
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited May 2012
    $1200 for SDA 2's? That's madness.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Jess69
    edited May 2012
    What would a normal price be?
  • nspindel
    edited May 2012
    I paid $200 for my pair. If I remember correctly, the price of 2B Studios was $1200 brand new in the 1980's. Do you have a photo? Perhaps you've got the model number incorrect.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited May 2012
    REPORTED!!!

Go sell your over priced crap somewhere else..
  • Jess69
    edited May 2012
    They are at the store. Apparently they called Polk and were told that was the value. Maybe they misunderstood the original price.
  • Jess69
    edited May 2012
    It is not my crap. This was listed as a place to post third party sales. Third party means "It ain't mine".
  • nspindel
    edited May 2012
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    REPORTED!!!

Go sell your over priced crap somewhere else..

You're right Larry - I'm a total sucker. Wasn't even thinking along those lines. Next time I remember to check post counts. So long, troll.
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited May 2012
    Jess69 wrote: »
    It is not my crap. This was listed as a place to post third party sales. Third party means "It ain't mine".

I'M IN BOONE, right now... Hmmm...
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited May 2012
    They are SDA2's, have the IC and #'s are 5544(rt), 5493(lt)... Hm, if someone wants to give me some pricing advice, I may swing by this afternoon...
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2012
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    I'M IN BOONE, right now... Hmmm...

Wave at Appalacian State for me on your way by.......
  • nspindel
    edited May 2012
    If they are in stock condition with SL2000's, then $300 TOPS, and that's if they are in great condition.
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited May 2012
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    They are SDA2's, have the IC and #'s are 5544(rt), 5493(lt)... Hm, if someone wants to give me some pricing advice, I may swing by this afternoon...

Depending on condition, 150-300.
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • nspindel
    edited May 2012
    And I may be wrong on the high side...
  • Toolfan66
    edited May 2012
    Jess69 wrote: »

Yeah you just joined here to be a helpful guy with some SDA's.. (enter sarcasm here)
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited May 2012
    SDA CRS's for $95 in Houston.
  • nspindel
    edited May 2012
    Now we're talkin'. $95 is a steal, someone's got to grab those.
  • Toolfan66
    edited May 2012
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Cut the guy a break. If they are at a Habitat for Humanity store, any proceeds will go to charity. Leave it be.

"if they are" I don't see a link do you? But since you asked nice..:wink: