What are you playing?

Comments

• mudwrx
    mudwrx Posts: 367
    edited December 2011
    BF3 whenever I get the chance. I started Uncharted 3 but can't stop playing BF3...
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited December 2011
    Led Zeplin; III
  • Tbone289
    Tbone289 Posts: 661
    edited December 2011
    Warzone 2100
    2.1: PC>Schiit Gungnir MB>Schiit Freya Noval>NAD C-270>Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1, HSU STF-2 5.1: HDMI Bitstream>Denon AVR-1910>polkaudio RTE55, CS350-LS, RT3, HSU STF-2, Visio M55-F0
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited December 2011
    BF3 mostly, though I'm in the middle of AC Revelations as well...
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited December 2011
    Nothing yet. Getting my PS3 for Christmas. It has MW3 and I believe I am getting GT5 and the GTA Trilogy too.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited December 2011
    Finally got around to throwing in the game RAGE. Let me tell you.........how disappointed i am. Although the look and styling of the game is phenomenal, the game play is boring and i feel like the game is stuck on repeat.....stuck on repeat.....stuck on repeat........
    I'll muscle through as i can't, not finish it.

I am playing BF3 as well even though i'm on a slight hiatus due to lack of time.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2011
    Been having fun going back and playing Halo Reach again over the last couple weeks.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited December 2011
    So many new games on sale for Christmas I had to stock up for winter! Drakes Uncharted 3 for $29.99.....Killzone 3 for twenty. And Rage which I just started playing for twenty. Between BB & Newegg I just had to get myself some presents. Merry Christmas
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Shizelbs
    edited January 2012
    Forza 4 lately right now. I thought it would be basically the same as Forza 3. Not so. Very fun game.
  • dfretwell
    dfretwell Posts: 103
    edited January 2012
    Anybody ever play Brutal Legend? Jack Black's video game? Total stoner game, but pretty fun game and great side missions.
  • Mudfrog
    Mudfrog Posts: 39
    edited January 2012
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Finally got around to throwing in the game RAGE. Let me tell you.........how disappointed i am. Although the look and styling of the game is phenomenal, the game play is boring and i feel like the game is stuck on repeat.....stuck on repeat.....stuck on repeat........
    I'll muscle through as i can't, not finish it.

I am playing BF3 as well even though i'm on a slight hiatus due to lack of time.

I completely agree. I'm glad I waited till it hit $12 (Steam download) before I bought it. I had really high hopes for this game, but between the poor textures, texture pop ins, mediocre gameplay, etc.. I rank it up there with DNF.. another HUGE let down for me.

As for games I'm playing...

Alice, Risen, Skyrim, Burnout Paradise City, Darksiders, AVP, Serious Sam 3, Crysis 2.. and probably a few more. Those are the games I played over the weekend.. I tend to jump around a lot. :redface:
    Main HT:
    Speakers: CS2, Monitor 70's, Monitor 30's, BIC F12 12" Sub
    Receiver: Denon AVR-2200W
    TV: 60" Vizio M60-C3- 4K
    HTPC: I3-3220, 4GB, 560ti, 7 TB of HDD's, LG Bluray
    Bluray: Pioneer BDP-150
    Other: Xfinity X1, Xbox One
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited January 2012
    Mudfrog wrote: »
    I completely agree. I'm glad I waited till it hit $12 (Steam download) before I bought it. I had really high hopes for this game, but between the poor textures, texture pop ins, mediocre gameplay, etc.. I rank it up there with DNF.. another HUGE let down for me.
    I'm playing on 360... and I think it's outstanding. It gets a little repetitive toward the end of the first area, but definitely ramps up once you hit Subway Town and are fighting The Authority. Can't judge the PC version, but the 360 version is one of the best looking (and sounding) games on the system.

I had taken a break from it because I've been playing nothing but multiplayer/co-op lately, but I played a solid 6 hours of it over the weekend. Trying to beat the game before the rush of Q1 games hits (Darkness 2, Syndicate, Mass Effect 3, etc.).
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • Mudfrog
    Mudfrog Posts: 39
    edited January 2012
    I'm playing on 360... and I think it's outstanding. It gets a little repetitive toward the end of the first area, but definitely ramps up once you hit Subway Town and are fighting The Authority. Can't judge the PC version, but the 360 version is one of the best looking (and sounding) games on the system.

I had taken a break from it because I've been playing nothing but multiplayer/co-op lately, but I played a solid 6 hours of it over the weekend. Trying to beat the game before the rush of Q1 games hits (Darkness 2, Syndicate, Mass Effect 3, etc.).

I'm used to really high textures so that's probably one of the reasons I'm not very happy with it. I'll finish it one of these days. Oh yea, I forgot the main reason I stopped playing. There is a bug with ATI GPU's. The shadows are blue. It's ridiculous. The game has been released for what.. 5 months now? And they cannot fix a simple little bug (I blame ATI).

I'm looking forward to ME3 as well, actually been thinking about replaying the first 2 but I probably have 5 other games I haven't even started yet and I don't play a whole lot anymore, so I doubt I'll have time. With the release of Skyrim I logged in 120 hours in the first month so I kinda over did it and lost my desire to sit at the computer / couch and game.
    Main HT:
    Speakers: CS2, Monitor 70's, Monitor 30's, BIC F12 12" Sub
    Receiver: Denon AVR-2200W
    TV: 60" Vizio M60-C3- 4K
    HTPC: I3-3220, 4GB, 560ti, 7 TB of HDD's, LG Bluray
    Bluray: Pioneer BDP-150
    Other: Xfinity X1, Xbox One
  • Vuroth
    Vuroth Posts: 16
    edited January 2012
    PS3: Gran Turismo 5

PC: Mostly X3:Terran Conflict at the moment. I played Skyrim pretty solidly for the first month it was out, and then just kind of stopped. I swear I'll go back to it any day now, but I'm notoriously bad at finishing games.

Also playing through Mass Effect 1, albeit slowly.

Though I did finish Bastion just before Christmas, which was totally worthwhile.
    Stereo:
    Sherwood ST-880 turntable
    Sherwood S-2620 receiver
    Tsi100 speakers <-- This is my starting point.

HT:
    Dreaming about it
  • Syndil
    Syndil Posts: 1,582
    edited January 2012
    Playing Deux Ex: Human Revolution now. I've always loved the Deus Ex series and this one is by far the best. Superb gameplay, and the story is very immersive.

You can set the difficulty to easy and just play along through the story, or if you really like a challenge can crank up the difficulty and it will absolutely give you a challenge.

You can also go for certain achievements, like completing missions without ever being seen by the enemy, which makes it a stealth-based game, or completing missions without ever killing anyone, which takes the run-and-gun factor completely out. Or you can simply say screw it all and run and gun if that's what you want to do!

So you can really tailor it to how you like to play, and the story that you play through will suck you in regardless. I usually do not play games for the story at all, so coming from me that's pretty high praise.

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • timalan
    timalan Posts: 106
    edited January 2012
    Finally making my way through Uncharted 2 -- really is an unbelievable game. One of the most impressive games I've ever seen in terms of graphics, storyline, gameplay, etc... a must play for any PS3 owner, and it's been out long enough you can pick it up for a song.
    5.1 theater - Pioneer SC-07, Mirage OMD-CC center, 4 x Mirage Omnisats, Boston Acoustics VPS-210 sub
    2.1 living room - NAD 7400 integrated, 2 x Platinum Audio Duos, MIT Terminator4 cables
    2.1 bedroom- Arcam Solo, 2 x Mirage OMD-5's
    FOR SALE - Genesis Servo-10 sub, Genesis Servo-12 amp; Martin Logan Dynamo sub; Mirage MM-6 sub; Harman Kardon DPR-1001 7.1 receiver
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited January 2012
    So... I unexpectedly beat Rage last night. I say unexpectedly because it just ENDS. No big boss battle... No extended cutscene wrapping up the story... It just ENDS. And the crappy part is that they give you this really awesome weapon for just the last mission, introduce you to a new area (Authority HQ), introduce a new enemy type... and then it's just OVER. It's like they ran out of money and decided "Well, we'll just end it there then." Disappointing. Great game up to that point though.

And now, I'm going back to Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Never finished it because I got sidetracked with other games (which may happen again, because I'm picking up Soul Calibur V after work).
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • JuiceZ
    JuiceZ Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    Battlefield 3 (PC), Forza 4 & MK9 on X360. Got a co-worker trying to get me into the new Star Wars MMO.
  • Shizelbs
    edited January 2012
    Finally got around to downloading Toy Soldiers on XBLA.
  • radon
    radon Posts: 11
    edited February 2012
    fifa2011 bf3 and more kinect....
  • 01Sugar2
    01Sugar2 Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    FF13-2 for me at the moment.
  • morantheman
    morantheman Posts: 12
    edited February 2012
    im nearly done with skyward sword
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited February 2012
    No one on Uncharted 3?
    It's the best game since Uncharted 2! ha!

I find that I don't have the patience for many games anymore, but the uncharted series can keep me captivated for hours. I haven't played the new Batman games, but hear theyre fantastic.

I did try Fallout 3. I wouldve liked it 10 years ago when I loved needing to devote 50+ hours to a game, but not for me these days.
    design is where science and art break even.
  • Shizelbs
    edited February 2012
    Skyrim finally.
  • Phillyphan801
    Phillyphan801 Posts: 40
    edited February 2012
  • Phillyphan801
    edited February 2012
    and GOW 3......again....
  • SRTer
    SRTer Posts: 372
    edited February 2012
    I'm playing Crysis 2 (Limited Edition) in 3D. It is a great first person shoot and the 3D is something to behold.
    Fronts: Polk RTi A9
    Center: Polk CSI A6
    Rears: Polk RTi A7
    Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-35 (140 watts x 7)
    Amplifier: Adcom GFA-555 Mk.II (200 watt @ 8 ohms)
    Sub: Polk DSW PRO 500 (10 inch, 200 Watt)
    TV: Samsung 59 inch 3D Plasma 600 Hz PN59D7000
    Sources: Samsung BD-D6700 3D Blu-ray Player, DirecTV, PS3, iPhone 4 and IPod Classic with Apple Lossless Tracks
  • Phillyphan801
    edited February 2012
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Skyrim finally.
    B careful. skyrim will consume your soul. It stole 2 of my friends....
  • LutiiChell
    LutiiChell Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    =/
    Heard a story pretty similar like this but idk what game he was playing =P
    It just awful to hear smt like this but i think most of us dont need to be " afraid " or smt like this ._. This guy had heart problems so ...
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited February 2012
    Just picked up a 360 and was looking at getting Forza 3(I'm cheap, but you all know that). Anyone know how game play is on Forza 4 w/kinect?

In addition to all else I have listed I am now also playing Kinectimals, and revege of the fallen(so far it seems pretty lame, picked it up for the kids).