Ben62670 lied to me a took my $

Options

Comments

• evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Even Darth Vader tossed the Emperor to his doom. Good luck on getting your life back on track. Hopefully you will. In the meantime I think you owe some apologies to say the least. Even if you didn't mean harm it appears to others you did. Make it right and there would be some that could eventually forgive you. During the hurricane I read some posts that were looking out for you when no one had heard from you. You have some good friends here, friends you may have let down. I'm not one to judge but from what I read in your responses you may want to read them again.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I don't know what name he goes by now

Darth Caddywhompus?

Sorry, it was just sitting out there. No disrespect Ben, just saw an opportunity to be funny.... AND IT WORKED!!:mrgreen:
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • gwg_97
    gwg_97 Posts: 332
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I find it curious that the only time there is any communications from him is when one of these threads start up. If he has no access and no way to communicate, how does he know.:question:

My thoughts exactly!

System 1:Nakamichi PA-7Kenwood Basic C2Polk SDA 1C moddedSystem 2:Dynaco ST-70Polk Monitor 5B modded
  • thesurfer
    thesurfer Posts: 574
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gwg_97 wrote: »
    I find it curious that the only time there is any communications from him is when one of these threads start up. If he has no access and no way to communicate, how does he know.:question:

My thoughts exactly!
    Very good my young jedi, WoW, this is more drama than one could hope for,,,
    Not an Audiophile, just a dude who loves music, and decent gear to hear it with.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If he ships 1 thing to someone once a week then that would go far in proving he's not gone to the dark side. The hurricane was 6 weeks ago. I know people who had no electricity for a week and 3 feet of water in their basement that are back to normal life by now.

We are patient to a point. If someone has personal problems, then sure we can be patient and wait. However, when they say they'll ship in a week, then don't, and then do this a few times to multiple people. Well, forgive us if we lose trust.
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited October 2011
    Options

I have defended Ben in the past, but in light of the fact that this crap has been ongoing for the better part of a year now, it's time to face facts. Ben has become a sith lord, consumed by the dark side. I don't know what name he goes by now, but the good man that was Ben is gone.

Maybe the very few real/true good friends that he has here keep him posted on those fine threads?

No matter what happens here, I wish you and your daughters good luck Ben. Hopefully you can still deliver according to the commitments you have made with the people here and then be done with this once for all. Again, good luck...
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I never asked for any help, food or funds. Doro offered to help with the shipping, and my pride made me turn him down. I swallowed some of that pride and asked him for help with two packages. Everything is almost ready to go out the door. I never claimed that any Polkies stuff was stolen. Yes some most items were way over do. Unlike the other guy everyone is getting their stuff. I may make P/B IC's, but I am done here. Time to restore the 68 Bronco. I live way out and a cheap pole, or kayak is way more bang for the buck than this audio crap. Lately I have been enjoying music not picking everything apart. Get out and do something. Having mega systems is crazy and selfish when there are so many places that need money like autism speaks
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dude have you been smoking something? Your "take my ball home" and to hell with CP mentality is pathetic. You messed up, plain and simple. Man up and deal with it and stop playing like you are the victim here.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That last post makes you look a bit like Ted Kazyinski Ben. I don't even want to know what happened to you, but please get some help bro. I think most everybody here could care less about there stuff or their money so long as you get help.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I never asked for any help, food or funds. Doro offered to help with the shipping, and my pride made me turn him down. I swallowed some of that pride and asked him for help with two packages. Everything is almost ready to go out the door. I never claimed that any Polkies stuff was stolen. Yes some most items were way over do. Unlike the other guy everyone is getting their stuff. I may make P/B IC's, but I am done here. Time to restore the 68 Bronco. I live way out and a cheap pole, or kayak is way more bang for the buck than this audio crap. Lately I have been enjoying music not picking everything apart. Get out and do something. Having mega systems is crazy and selfish when there are so many places that need money like autism speaks

Freaking gag me with a spoon. You're definitely too proud.

Too proud to even publicly apologize for jerking around so many people for months and not bothering to communicate until it was convenient for you. To add insult to injury you're going to try and hide behind charity while you call everyone else selfish for enjoying a hobby?

Pretty ballsy to come back with such an attitude, really. If only you had such a set of nuts when it came to facing the music and showing some humility.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2011
    Options
    How to burn bridges, volume 1. No future volumes are necessary.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited October 2011
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    Dude have you been smoking something? Your "take my ball home" and to hell with CP mentality is pathetic. You messed up, plain and simple. Man up and deal with it and stop playing like you are the victim here.
    I have been manning up. People will get their stuff, and I am gone. I had a 4 bedroom house that I had to quickly stuff into an occupied 2 bedroom. house. I couldn't find anything(parts(caps, resistors...)). I think most people near the coast were the "victim". I never said to hell with CP. I met some nice people here. I would have liked to meet some more folks, but the same talk about wires and such over and over again has me burnt out. That is why I am gone.
    I'm sorry
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,713
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have been manning up.

No your not. You making lame excuses. The original poster bought a cable in MARCH. Long before the hurricane, and the move.
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Let's just stop bickering, let the seller and buyers deal with each other.
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ben, hope everything works out for you. Sometimes life can be a **** but it'll turn around.
  • evhudsons
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I met some nice people here. I would have liked to meet some more folks, but the same talk about wires and such over and over again has me burnt out. That is why I am gone.
    I'm sorry

Uh oh, that's what Howard Hughes said.

ha ha, couldn't help myself. Some of us have had bad dealings in life but you just put your right foot forward like you are now and keep trekking down a positive path. No need to leave Club Polk.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • evhudsons
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Good Luck Ben and good luck Polkies.
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited October 2011
    Options
    yeah, i immediatley thought abt your little slice of paradise
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2011
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA414jGnEFVTdAkjB46fGjRebRydU1BtICi_2t2LkbdpekUxmwit7ogH0L
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • evhudsons
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I edited my post as I didn't want to inflame the thread any more, but I thought it was funny anyway. I took it off before anyone would ask me to.

Forgivable things happen here in Key West and as a big family we just have to own up and move on. Having a lot of people around you that won't go away who either help you up or look down on you in disappointment will ultimately help you on the right path.

shapeimage_1.png
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What I always enjoy is someone that gets there fur all up when they are wrong. All it does is prove your guilt in my book. If you did nothing wrong Ben than you have nothing to be angry about. But you know you were wrong and don't have the dignity to say heck I am sorry guys, crap has been messed up and I screwed up. We have all screwed up in our lives. It whether or not we learn from it and do the right thing. It looks like your going to do the right thing, which i hope you do, now you just need to learn from this.

The Lesson:
    Sometimes you just need to take the brow beating. It sucks but fighting a loosing battle is much worse. Like arguing with a crazy person. You never win, it brings you down to there level and they have more experience than you.

PS. Audio is a hobby, Telling us to go outside or spend our money on some charity is ridiculous. I live my own life and honestly looking at your life makes me less inclined to take advice from you. Just because you found another activity does not mean the one I partake of is bad.
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited October 2011
    Options
    DMara wrote: »
    Let's just stop bickering, let the seller and buyers deal with each other.

+1,000

Wrongdoings aside, I don't think it's necessary, or beneficial, for 20 different people to chime in and scold Ben.

But I guess if you really want to add to the scoldings, who I am to say that you shouldn't.

So never mind; cary on.

I am now going to drink an IPA and listen to some Steely Dan on my newish Maggies.:biggrin:

Cheers fellas, I think everything is going to work out just fine.:wink:

Peace,

Ben
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Methinks someones true colors have been shown. And when he gets called on it, he plays the victim and blames everyone else. Not surprising really. Maybe even his "true" friends will hold him accountable for his actions.

And just for the record, you speak of being selfish? Jeez man, have you looked in the mirror lately?
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • gwg_97
    edited October 2011
    Options
    +1,000

Wrongdoings aside, I don't think it's necessary, or beneficial, for 20 different people to chime in and scold Ben.

But I guess if you really want to add to the scoldings, who I am to say that you shouldn't.

So never mind; cary on.

I am now going to drink an IPA and listen to some Steely Dan on my newish Maggies.:biggrin:

Cheers fellas, I think everything is going to work out just fine.:wink:

Peace,

Ben

I'd would love to listen to some Steely Dan on my SDA 1Cs right now. Oh yeah, I can't, I dont have an SDA cable.

System 1:Nakamichi PA-7Kenwood Basic C2Polk SDA 1C moddedSystem 2:Dynaco ST-70Polk Monitor 5B modded
  • evhudsons
    edited October 2011
    Options
    On a lighter note, I'm helping to make pumpkin ale tomorrow which will be entered into a national contest. Key West Brewers unite!

And my wife caught a Mutton Snapper bigger than the keeper grouper. I'll be eating good tonight!
  • evhudsons
    edited October 2011
    Options
    just saw your post, grab some speaker wire and insert it into your sda connections. It works for the interim. Don't want you to have to suffer one more second brother! I bet some others will chime into help with advice.
  • gwg_97
    edited October 2011
    Options
    evhudsons wrote: »
    just saw your post, grab some speaker wire and insert it into your sda connections. It works for the interim. Don't want you to have to suffer one more second brother! I bet some others will chime into help with advice.

Not sufferinig. Honestly, I already rigged up a temporary fix. Not ideal but it works. I was just venting a bit. :neutral:

Man, I'd love to be cooking up some snapper in south Fla right now. I guess I'll just have to eat more of that salmon I have in my freezer.

• falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gwg_97 wrote: »
    ... I already rigged up a temporary fix....

If it's pin blade, you only have to connect the pins, the blades are just there for stabilization. You can use an RCA cable like a subwoofer cable or something, just remove the "petals" from around the middle pin so the pin is long enough to get in there.
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Got mine back!

Ben special #1.jpg
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
This discussion has been closed.