Comments

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited September 2011
    Boo! I wish I was coming!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited September 2011
    I wont spoil the fun, but there were some interesting results. Going to sit down and give it a good write up tomorrow.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited September 2011
    I wont spoil the fun, but there were some interesting results. Going to sit down and give it a good write up tomorrow.

What a teaser....rock out...chime in tomorrow w/pics :smile:
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited September 2011
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::tongue::confused:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited September 2011
  • Topper
    Topper Posts: 403
    edited September 2011
    what the hecks with all the suspense !! Spill the beans peeps !! What'd we miss :)
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Pics?

Don should post those soon. He took all the pics of the event. I will have my own set here in a week or so from my times with them.
    Topper wrote: »
    what the hecks with all the suspense !! Spill the beans peeps !! What'd we miss :)

Sorry, I have been lazy today. The wife leaves tomorrow for Chattanooga for a couple days so I wanted to spend today with her.. I am hoping to have my write up of the meeting at Don's shortly, waiting on a couple last pieces of information about room dimensions and whatnot.

I also plan to post another write up about tomorrow night. I am having my dad over to listen to some music. We will be sending music from computer (recorded in FLAC) via HDMI to my Integra DRT 5.9 and from there via my Zone 2 pre-outs using Signal Cable Analog 2 interconnects to my HK3490.

Whole point is to be able to A/B them side by side. The HK can run both 8 ohm (LSi 703) and 4 ohm (LSi 15) loads and let me A&B back.

I am aware its not exactly a fair comparison but thats kinda the point.

That and the point is my dad isnt a huge audiophile but he likes to listen to music. So he has a totally unbiased opinion so I want to hear his thoughts and impressions.

I will share those as well as my wife's from Don's and mine (after an extended listening session or two)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited September 2011
    Man, I wish I could have made it up there. I worked all weekend instead. I bet you guys had fun. Can't wait to read your impressions.
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Mike you have PM.....
  • byfthalone
    byfthalone Posts: 345
    edited September 2011
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    Man, I wish I could have made it up there. I worked all weekend instead. I bet you guys had fun. Can't wait to read your impressions.

ditto!!!
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited September 2011
    Well? We're all on pins and needles
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    JimAckley wrote: »
    Well? We're all on pins and needles

We are working on creating a nice review for you guys with all three of our impressions as well as documentation as to all cables, sources, and connections used.

Don still has to finish up his portion and then its on to Sheldon for his. It should be hopefully done later this week.

My dad and I are going to listen to the 703's v the 15's tonight so I will write something up about that, and then I have another Polkie (indyhawg) coming over this week as well to listen to them. That write up will be posted as its own thread.

The forum being down has really messed with communication between the three of us lol....
  • Topper
    Topper Posts: 403
    edited September 2011
    anxiously awaiting your thoughts guys :).
  • donaldfagen
    donaldfagen Posts: 30
    edited September 2011
    Topper wrote: »
    anxiously awaiting your thoughts guys :).
    Ditto!
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Don is working on his section and then it will go to Shelton for his portion. It is coming so keep waiting....
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited September 2011
    Don is working on his section and then it will go to Shelton for his portion. It is coming so keep waiting....

A group review? You guys are making it more difficult than it actually is.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2011
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    My review from this meeting will be posted here later tonight: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?124592-LSiM-series-speaker-reviews
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited September 2011
    Sorry Guys, I have been swamped. I have barely had time to blink the last week. Between work emergencies and family emergencies, I have barely had time to sleep. I will try to write up my impressions at lunch today from work. I also have a couple pictures I will post tonight after I get back from Chicago. I am meeting up with someone to sell my last sentinel.
    Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited September 2011
    Guys, here are a couple pictures of the equipment. I just realized I never took any pictures of people!

Don

IMG7625-L.jpg

IMG7626-L.jpg
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    Guys, here are a couple pictures of the equipment. I just realized I never took any pictures of people

And I for one thank you for that :biggrin:
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    edited September 2011
    I wish I heard those 9's as they must be very special because I liked the 703's a lot. Thanks for the write up bro.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    I will have one more coming in the next week or so.

I want to use pure cd's with a carver cd player that add's tubes into the mix to see what that does.

I have been putting the 703's against my modded 15's (no crossover mod, only sub mod).