edited September 2011
    Options
    $5? :biggrin:
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Don:

You dont happen to have or know anyone w/ another set of stands and a speaker selector do you? That way we could A/B the LSi 9's and 703's pretty quick and easily....

Just a thought...

Unfortunately I do not... I could get my hands on a speaker selector for fairly cheap I would imagine, but stands are another animal. I have some crappy ones I built out of 2x10s in my basement theater. They are ugly, and I am sure sonically terrible!!!

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Reminder bump.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have checked with Leroy personally, and he is still up in the air. Come on people! This will be more fun with more people...

Dan, have you heard from IndyHawg?

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

• EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    I have checked with Leroy personally, and he is still up in the air. Come on people! This will be more fun with more people...

Dan, have you heard from IndyHawg?

Don

He is still not sure. He is either still in, or just got back from the Phillipines. I am sure he will chime in, and I will check with him personally if he doesnt.

I just actually compiled a little list of folks in the Midwest area (that have it listed in their profile) that have been active last 6+ months.

Figured I would shoot them all a message about it just so they know.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,787
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Unfortunately I do not... I could get my hands on a speaker selector for fairly cheap I would imagine, but stands are another animal. I have some crappy ones I built out of 2x10s in my basement theater. They are ugly, and I am sure sonically terrible!!!

Don

Don,

I have a pair that are a little on the light side. I can bring them this weekend and leave them at your place. I use them occasionally but have not for some time. I could leave them with you and get them if someone is coming through Ohio.

Xavier
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So far I have found no digital source sweeter than vinyl... just sayin'

That's because you have yet to own a decent digital source like my Prism Orpheus DAC . . . . . . . . . hmmm, I'm thinking about bringing my Spatial HD systemup for some fun.
  • dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    That's because you have yet to own a decent digital source like my Prism Orpheus DAC . . . . . . . . . hmmm, I'm thinking about bringing my Spatial HD systemup for some fun.

Well don't tease me now!!! Where are you located? I would love to hear one of the Spatial HD systems!!!

Don

• SolidSqual
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I live in Columbus. We wouldn't have time to benefit from the room correction unless I showed up early for the tech to make his measurements, but we could set the system to run without correction and still receive substantial benefit from the outstanding DAC and Pure Vinyl.

EDIT: Columbus, OH not Indiana
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I live in Columbus. We wouldn't have time to benefit from the room correction unless I showed up early for the tech to make his measurements, but we could set the system to run without correction and still receive substantial benefit from the outstanding DAC and Pure Vinyl.

EDIT: Columbus, OH not Indiana

So you gonna make the trek?
  • SolidSqual
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yup, I'm already working out logistics. Might bring my wife too. Does you wife like HiFi or is she just along for the ride?
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yup, I'm already working out logistics. Might bring my wife too. Does you wife like HiFi or is she just along for the ride?

Well considering I am bringing a laptop/HDD filled to the brim w/ her beatles and other CD's in FLAC format she will be happy.

She's not a nut like me though so she hasnt yet been converted to living/breathing audio.....yet :eek:

So she will enjoy it for a bit then probably start talking to Don's wife about shoes, shopping, purses (or about how much of a nut us fella's are :smile:)
  • SolidSqual
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My wife made me put a couch in my listening room so she could listen too, but I'm still the only one in there for any real period. She just likes to know she has the option, and is definitely more interested in purses.
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My wife made me put a couch in my listening room so she could listen too, but I'm still the only one in there for any real period. She just likes to know she has the option, and is definitely more interested in purses.

Then hopefully they can chat about those when they get bored and we can stay longer to play with the toys :smile:
  • SolidSqual
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you bring your music on a HDD, I can hook it up to my MacMini to run my Spatial gear.
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you bring your music on a HDD, I can hook it up to my MacMini to run my Spatial gear.

Ok, I will bring it on my Windows 7 laptop (loaded into MediaMonkey) and as just files on an external HDD.

I will bring my wife's point and shoot, and possibly my tripod and Canon Rebel XTi DSLR, not sure just yet......
  • SolidSqual
    edited September 2011
    Options
    that should work.
  • dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok, I will bring it on my Windows 7 laptop (loaded into MediaMonkey) and as just files on an external HDD.

I will bring my wife's point and shoot, and possibly my tripod and Canon Rebel XTi DSLR, not sure just yet......

I have the Canon 7D with a couple L lenses :biggrin: But my tripod just broke. Man do I pick the expensive hobbies :( I use a Canon S95 for point and shoot duties.

Love me some Canon!!! Have a Canon 40D to I think I am going to try to sell....

Don

• dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well considering I am bringing a laptop/HDD filled to the brim w/ her beatles and other CD's in FLAC format she will be happy.

She's not a nut like me though so she hasnt yet been converted to living/breathing audio.....yet :eek:

So she will enjoy it for a bit then probably start talking to Don's wife about shoes, shopping, purses (or about how much of a nut us fella's are :smile:)

I recently acquired the entire Beatles collection on 24/96 flac converted from MFSL vinyl!!!!!! :biggrin:

Don

• EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have the Canon 7D with a couple L lenses :biggrin: But my tripod just broke. Man do I pick the expensive hobbies :( I use a Canon S95 for point and shoot duties.

Yeah, those are a bit on the expensive side
    I recently acquired the entire Beatles collection on 24/96 flac converted from MFSL vinyl!!!!!! :biggrin:

Nice, should make for lots of fun.
  • byfthalone
    byfthalone Posts: 345
    edited September 2011
    Options
    still trying to make it...was going to stay the night but it is a Notre Dame weekend and none are available for normal pricing
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Don, I am debating bringing a couple of my acoustic panels with me to help tame any issues in the room. Probably can get 4 or 5 in my Jetta without causing too much of a problem......

Let me know if those would help.....
  • dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Don, I am debating bringing a couple of my acoustic panels with me to help tame any issues in the room. Probably can get 4 or 5 in my Jetta without causing too much of a problem......

Let me know if those would help.....

That would be awesome! I have zero acoustic treatments, so that would be perfect!

If you forgot them, that would be ok with me :biggrin:

Don

• EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Don, SCompRacer might be in for the 703's after your place, if he is able to make it.

If not I will talk to SolidSqual (Mike) about letting me have em for a week (18th-23rd) and then meeting up the week after that (so the 24/25th) for him to take them to the Columbus area and then shoot them east toward NY possibly, or south toward West Virginia
  • SolidSqual
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm down for the roadtrips. Just let me know when and where. This is awesome.
  • dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    byfthalone wrote: »
    still trying to make it...was going to stay the night but it is a Notre Dame weekend and none are available for normal pricing

If you book quickly, there are rooms at the Niles Inn and Suites. Not the most upscale place, but from what I know, clean and safe. 5 minutes down the road from me.

$149 a night

http://www.nilesinn.com/

The other place is Comfort Suites in Benton Harbor. Not in the bad part of Benton Harbor :biggrin: Decent place... This one is about 20 minutes from my house.

$99 a night

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-benton_harbor-michigan-MI226

Don

• dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Don, SCompRacer might be in for the 703's after your place, if he is able to make it.

If not I will talk to SolidSqual (Mike) about letting me have em for a week (18th-23rd) and then meeting up the week after that (so the 24/25th) for him to take them to the Columbus area and then shoot them east toward NY possibly, or south toward West Virginia

I am fine with anything, as long as Mark (dorokusai) approves everything.

Don

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited September 2011
    Options

Before moving them east to Ohio there's a ton of polkies in Illinois and Wisconsin.
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I am fine with anything, as logn as Mark (dorokusai) approves everything.

Don

Yup, he said just to keep him in the loop, which I have been.
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Before moving them east to Ohio there's a ton of polkies in Illinois and Wisconsin.

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

So far with you being the exception leroy, no one else from the Chicago or WI area will be attending (or no one that has let Don know such).

If you show up and then want to shoot them to the Chicago area that would be fine too, but we need to get this in gear soon.

SCompRacer has scheduling conflicts so he wont be able to attend or pickup the speakers currently.