Midwest LSiM Demo Gathering

Options

Comments

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You gonna be able to make the event?

Picking my schedule for the next 5 months tomorrow so I'll know then.
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited August 2011
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Picking my schedule for the next 5 months tomorrow so I'll know then.

Hope you can make it!

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Be jealous! I am sitting hear enjoying the LSiM 703!!! Gotta say, first impressions, SMOOTH!!! The bass is also VERY surprising. Tight and very present for a "Bookshelf". Loving them! I will be doing some more critical listening over the next couple weeks with a variety of music, but thought I would share in my joy! :cool:

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

• JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited August 2011
    Options
    3 words my friend...

"told ya so" :biggrin:
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I have been getting some serious ear time on the LSiM 703s, and they just keep growing on me. Whoever can make it to the demo at my place really owes it to themselves to show up if only to hear these!!! I have some stands on the way that will make a huge difference too! Heck, right now they are on top of my CRS+ which are on their stock stands! HARDLY the appropriate ear level or anything close to right for that matter.

Maybe it I the percocet talking , but I am loving these speakers!!!!

Don

• JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What stands are you putting them on?
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I picked up the 28" Skylan Dual post stands that Gaara had for sale here. I dd some research on them and they looked like a really nice stand, and I can fill them. Just trying to decide between lead shot or sand......

Don

• JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nice stand! I think I borrowed the SKY-4P24 (or something very similar) from Russ when I had the 703s. They weren't even filled and they were heavy as hell! They were the perfect height for me since I lounge back on my couch and you sink in the cushion :biggrin:

I've never filled a stand before, despite having two different sets of fillable stands. At first thought, I would figure sand since it will never have a chance at rattling, plus if you ever decide you want to move your stands, lead shot in two of those large tubes is gonna give you a hernia, haha.

Would it be impractical to combine the shot and sand to give you the ultimate combination of weight and best use of space?
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There's no need to combine shot and sand since they are effectively doing the same thing. However, if you have ringing, it would be a smart thought to use sand as a buffer and to help dissipate heat....but that's really stretching the minutae of this tweak.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    edited August 2011
    Options
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    At this point I still should have a decent smattering of speakers...

SRS 2 (Should be done)
    CRS+ (Might even mod these)
    LSi9
    LSi7
    Monitor 70 :biggrin:
    Magnepan MMG

Might have...

Meadowlark Shearwater Hot Rods - not sure on these yet
    MartinLogan Motion 12

And of course, the LSiM 703!!!

Don

How are you liking those MMG's?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited September 2011
    Options
    bump. Anyone else coming besides my wife and I lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How are you liking those MMG's?

The MMGs are really nice, but I had to take them out because I need to run my SRS 2s exclusively right now to burn in the Sonicaps before the Demo!!

I am also still waiting on the Outlaw ICBM so I can properly integrate the subs with them.

Don

• dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One other tidbit for anyone on the fence!!! I sent off my GFP-750 today to be upgraded! Lots of caps and resistors changed out. Power supply upgrades... Lots of Nichicon Muse KZ!!! Good Stuff!

I also swapped out the LMS Ultra 5400 today and put in one of my Custom TC Sounds 18" Drivers (Basically a Pro 5100 top assembly with a ferrite motor and dual 1 ohm voice coils). Man this thing is QUICK in a sealed enclosure and has some serious slam in the mid and upper bass regions. That was one of my major complaints about the LMS Ultra 5400, sick amounts of LOW bass, but it left a lot to be desired above about 50 Hz... The custom driver is 1 or 2 dB shy under 20 Hz of the 5400, but I can live with that!!!

This custom driver performs a LOT like the Pro 5100, but in a different voice coil config and no Neo. The best part is that I got 2 of them for the cost of 1 5100!!!

Should be a fun Demo!!!

• JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was thinking about driving up, bit realized the Mizzou @ Oklahoma game is that weekend, and I can't miss that
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    JimAckley wrote: »
    I was thinking about driving up, bit realized the Mizzou @ Oklahoma game is that weekend, and I can't miss that

DVR man, DVR. Solves the problem for ya. So see you there right?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Tell you what, I will setup a TV in the Dining Room with the game on the whole time! :biggrin:

Don

• JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Haha you guys are tempting me really bad. PM me your address Don.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,787
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I REALLY wish it was a different time of the year (I'm a HS band director) :-(
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey now, the games are on Friday, which means you can come on Saturday :biggrin:
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey now, the games are on Friday, which means you can come on Saturday :biggrin:

Heck, Jim might be FLYING up the night before and staying at my house... Otherwise known as becoming my endentured "get ready for LSiM Demo" servant the night before :D

Don

• xsmi
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We have a Saturday game that week.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    xsmi wrote: »
    We have a Saturday game that week.

homer_doh.jpg

MEH! Oh well, good luck!

And let the fact that i'm considering flying to Michigan be a testimony to how good the 703s are. They're amazing. They're worth traveling across the country to hear.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    homer_doh.jpg

MEH! Oh well, good luck!

And let the fact that i'm considering flying to Michigan be a testimony to how good the 703s are. They're amazing. They're worth traveling across the country to hear.

They are.... They really are. That and I am ruggedly handsome, so you know, there'a that! :eek: .....Wife shakes me awake...... "hey, wake up you are dreaming!!!!"

Huh, what?!?!

Why is my iPhone in my hand??!?

I gotta stop sleep posting!!!

Don

• xsmi
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Don,

Could I come on the 10th? If so I will PM my contact info.

Xavier
  • dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Something a bit informal might work... I'll send you a PM.

Don

• JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    They are.... They really are. That and I am ruggedly handsome, so you know, there'a that! :eek: .....Wife shakes me awake...... "hey, wake up you are dreaming!!!!"

Huh, what?!?!

Why is my iPhone in my hand??!?

I gotta stop sleep posting!!!

Don
    I'm way too familiar with that :biggrin:

Unfortunately, the flight prices are gonna be higher than what I was expecting, so I'm not gonna make it to this meet. Those of you who do, enjoy it! The 703s are worth your time/effort, I promise.

Jim
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Darn, your trip had the making of the word EPIC in it...

And trust me I will enjoy the 703's for ya :smile:
  • dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm way too familiar with that :biggrin:

Unfortunately, the flight prices are gonna be higher than what I was expecting, so I'm not gonna make it to this meet. Those of you who do, enjoy it! The 703s are worth your time/effort, I promise.

Jim

You will be missed Jim! Hopefully we will meet someday!

Don

• dcmartinpc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Darn, your trip had the making of the word EPIC in it...

And trust me I will enjoy the 703's for ya :smile:

I already am enjoying them :biggrin:

hehe

Don

• EndersShadow
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I already am enjoying them :biggrin:

hehe

Don

Since its Friday night and the time is right, can I get some audio pron pics of the 703's in their setup :wink::biggrin: