Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch)

Comments

• Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited March 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Do you freak out when you see an enemy and then lay on the trigger or is it just a reaction time thing (I'm being serious)?

It's usually a reaction time thing, where they get the shot off before me. I am also trying to work on using bursts with ARs instead of holding the trigger, which I know causes poor accuracy. So I guess its a bit of both. No offense taken
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited March 2011
    I've been trying to help Zeros troubleshoot his issues too. There's potential b/c he has some nice rounds mixed in with the more painful ones :) Personally, I think if you get your reaction time down, that's a good start. One tip I read (and it might just be someone's opinion) is a longer burst followed by a short burst works well with some guns like the Famas / Aug. That's probably the safer route, b/c we're not all going to be getting headshots every time.

In terms of strategy - esp. for domination, would it help to split into 2 squads so we can control 2/3 of the flags? I think if we have two balanced / similar squads, we should be good. Plus, it might help direct the chatter to the right folks since we're all in the same party.

Otherwise, I'm willing to change my selfish ways for Friday nights :)
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited March 2011
    When i don't see any enemies, i like to shoot off a round every 2 seconds. I know it gives away my position but i don't want the barrel of my gun getting cold.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    ha! Would explain all those guys who start firing away as soon as the match starts.

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2011
    No.....you have me mistaken for the 12 year olds with no gun control.....if you know what i mean. I'm also the one who camps the lower right corner of every map waiting....for what i don't know, but when it happens, i'll be there.
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    lol .. premature discharge.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2011
    Premature release is common amongst teenage males.
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    ha! hilarious.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    PrazVT wrote: »
    In terms of strategy - esp. for domination, would it help to split into 2 squads so we can control 2/3 of the flags? I think if we have two balanced / similar squads, we should be good. Plus, it might help direct the chatter to the right folks since we're all in the same party.

Otherwise, I'm willing to change my selfish ways for Friday nights :)

I forgot how many people can be on one team, is it 7 or 8? In any event, we'd do well to have that many people on.

I was going to suggest 2 staying at A or C and the rest rushing right to B at the start of the match. Then those 5-6 players would spread out at B in a horizontal line across the map creating choke points. Anyone that gets through would be dealt with by the 2 back at A or C. I'd say 1 or 2 of the 5-6 should be available to assist at A or C when called on.

There are going to be deaths, of course, so communication will be important. In theory, we should never lose A or C and very rarely lose B.

If we have someone with the Sentry Gun Kill Streak, which is easy to get, it can be a major pain in the **** when stuck on B if B is well covered.
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2011
    I would be more than willing to swap out and add Sentry Gun...No problem there.
    And i won't be drinking tonight (maybe) so i'll forewarn you, i may play a little WORSE.
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    Sounds good to me. Hopefully we have a good headcount tonight.

Now I'm excited - going to be tough to get through work today without touching the xbox :)

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • Zeros
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, this sounds like it will be pretty good. I wonder if Jim will join us or just tell us all to go buy Battlefield? Hahah

Demi, any suggestions on my bad game play?

As crazy as this sounds, and it's not an excuse for my game, but what do you guys set the look sensitivity to in the options? I never changed mine and wonder what it is at.
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2011
    I think i hit mine a couple notches to the more sensitive side. I don't remember. You definitely don't want to decrease sensitivity. You'll have to play a round or two to get the feel. You may not like it.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    I don't really know how you play, so it's hard to say without seeing it. Maybe you should add some of your rounds to your theater so we can check it out. I have like 6 matches of mine posted, so check them out if you want.

I guess the big thing I changed years ago was being more patient. When you go around corners, always assume someone is there. Be ready to shoot, but don't be on a hair trigger either. Don't let the enemy fool you by 'Halo Jumping' (all those **** should be punched in the face IRL) or going prone. Play smarter. Place claymores tactically for an easy kill. If you're in a building and enemies are coming for you, jump out the top floor window and then go back in the building behind them and mow them all down. Stuff like that.

Game play will also depend on the guns you use. I used to use ARs all the time, but have been using close quarters SMGs a lot lately. They're only annoying when you want to take a long shot. :frown:

I think you just have to keep playing. You'll get better if you're not already. I know Ashley was absolutely terrible when she first started, and while she still has crap games, she'll often get a lot more kills than she used to and a lot less deaths.

As K/D ratio goes, I seem to do a million times better when I'm playing by myself or with Ash. :redface:
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    I haven't messed with mine. I increased sensitivity once in MW2, but turning faster doesn't necessarily improve your aim. That in itself is just something you have to develop. I had a hard time with it the first time I tried playing an FPS on a console (I was a PC gamer 90% of the time).

Otherwise, +1 to everything Demi said. Practice practice.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited March 2011
    I haven't messed with mine. I increased sensitivity once in MW2, but turning faster doesn't necessarily improve your aim. That in itself is just something you have to develop. I had a hard time with it the first time I tried playing an FPS on a console (I was a PC gamer 90% of the time).

Otherwise, +1 to everything Demi said. Practice practice.

I bumped my sensitivity up to 7 when I first bought black ops and it did take some getting used to, but now I couldn't have it any lower.

One of the most important things IMO to become a better player though is learning the maps and determining where the enemies will be coming from. I tend to do worse in small maps like nuketown cause the spawns are so wacky. In large maps though, when you are cutting a corner, don't just run around and hope for the best, come out the corner already looking down your sights. If the enemy doesn't where you are coming from, then you already have the advantage over him.

My biggest issue is reloading, I CONSTANTLY reload and it sometimes kicks me in the ****. Even when I shoot 4 bullets with extended mags I still (almost instinctivley) reload and then get shot like a dumb **** in the process.

Anyways fellas, I FINALLY got the new maps, so you guys won't have to pull out of matches just cause I'm a cheap ****:redface:
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2011
    tommyboy wrote: »
    My biggest issue is reloading, I CONSTANTLY reload and it sometimes kicks me in the ****. Even when I shoot 4 bullets with extended mags I still (almost instinctivley) reload and then get shot like a dumb **** in the process.

this.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    me 2. And I always choose extended mag and still frickin reload after every kill.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited March 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I guess the big thing I changed years ago was being more patient. When you go around corners, always assume someone is there. Be ready to shoot, but don't be on a hair trigger either. Don't let the enemy fool you by 'Halo Jumping' (all those **** should be punched in the face IRL) or going prone. Play smarter.

Hah, my least favorite aspect of the game; the jumping fools. Such bullsh1t. Whoever allowed that in game design obviously never fired a real rifle in their life. I think if you jump, your cross hair should expand to the point of hitting nothing for a couple of seconds after that.

But to the point, how do you usually address these leaping idiots in your play?

My favorite load out by far is:

AK74u (silencer and extended mag)
    Any lock on SAM missile
    Semtech Grenade
    Flashbang
    Claymore

Perks
    Ghost Pro
    Warlord Pro
    Ninja

Killstreaks
    Spy Plane
    Counter Spy Plane
    Napalm
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Zeros
    edited March 2011
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Hah, my least favorite aspect of the game; the jumping fools. Such bullsh1t. Whoever allowed that in game design obviously never fired a real rifle in their life. I think if you jump, your cross hair should expand to the point of hitting nothing for a couple of seconds after that.

But to the point, how do you usually address these leaping idiots in your play?

Run under them and stab them as the come down :biggrin:
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    Run under them and stab them as the come down

Hmm, perhaps you can demonstrate this for us on Friday :biggrin:

Speaking of which - are we on for Friday!?

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2011
    Tentative......i might have to play poker and drink beer.
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    Well since that is one of my favorite chilling out activities, I can't fault you for that :)

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited March 2011
    Hmm, perhaps you can demonstrate this for us on Friday :biggrin:

Yup!
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Zeros
    edited March 2011
    Grimster74 wrote: »
    Yup!

Yeah, I'll be there.

I actually did have one guy jump past me once and I stabbed him. It was weird to stab up toward the sky and see the guy drop. Total accident on my part haha.
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    hehe - that's hilarious :) Well if we find a guy who's doing it regularly we can always noob tube him. He can't jump away from that.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2011

I'll be there Friday
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    I'll be there Friday

Awesome!

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited March 2011
    I'm in, I'll be having butterfingers and Cokes or Mtn Dews.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    Interesting combination. Which do you prefer more with butterfingers?

Home Theater:

2 Channel: