Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch)

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2011
    Zeros wrote: »
    I'm similar to Demi, going with Ghost pro, warlord pro and hacker pro. I was using ninja but really didn't see much benefit.

Demi, convince me why ninja is better and I'll switch. :tongue:

How about Ghost, steady aim and marathon. From what I have read, you rarely ADS with a shotgun, so the steady aim would help hip firing. Then you have marathon to run all over the place.

I think not being able to be heard by the enemy (at all, with Ninja Pro) is a good benefit when coupled with Ghost Pro. Although seeing enemy devices, etc, is really nice too.

Not sure how much more I'm gonna give this game. Its kind of boring. I long for the days of having a clan that just absolutely rolled people by using actual strategy. :frown:
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited March 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I think not being able to be heard by the enemy (at all, with Ninja Pro) is a good benefit when coupled with Ghost Pro. Although seeing enemy devices, etc, is really nice too.

Not sure how much more I'm gonna give this game. Its kind of boring. I long for the days of having a clan that just absolutely rolled people by using actual strategy. :frown:

What are you saying us polkies are bad clan mates? :frown:
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    No. Its all a matter of what you want to accomplish. I've played for years with several CP people and most of what we did was talk **** and have fun. It was fun...in those days we had some strategy. On the flip side of trash talking, I like to win. I find that to be a lot of fun, too.

We can talk **** and win.

It wouldn't take a whole lot of effort to offer some strategy in other game types, like Domination. Assigning flags for various people to watch. Coordinate Kill Streaks. Offense/Defense, Flankers, etc. You know, a team effort to win matches, not just see how many kills (or deaths :eek: ) someone can rack up...and still lose.

I find strategy in this types of games to be a lot of fun.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited March 2011
    It wouldn't take a whole lot of effort to offer some strategy in other game types, like Domination. Assigning flags for various people to watch. Coordinate Kill Streaks. Offense/Defense, Flankers, etc. You know, a team effort to win matches, not just see how many kills (or deaths ) someone can rack up...and still lose.

I just started salivating while reading this. Where do i sign up? Is there going to be a Demi-Boot Camp? Yes i can suck a golf ball through a garden hose and sure, Private Pyles sounds like a lovely nickname!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited March 2011
    True - it's been years since I've played like that. When I used to play Battlefield 2 & 2142 and we had squads, we did strategize more.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    Pick a game mode (hint: Domination :wink: ) and we'll figure out some basic strategies and rotations for the next time we're all on.

Its definitely going to give us a huge advantage. I've played against some teams that were only half-**** organized and they completely rolled the whole game.

Feel free to offer your suggestions here. Could be a lot of fun. At least better than running around aimlessly.
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2011
    I'm a domination kind of guy!!
    It's all about securing B! That's why whenever a round starts i yell...."B!!!!"
    Even when B is secure I'm at B.....i love B :biggrin:

I vote we rough something out and give it a whirl. But that's just me.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    Getting B first is a priority. Usually rushing 4-5, with 2-3 capping and the other 1-2 running cover for them. Likely some of you will die, if not -- establish choke points in a straight line across the map and have 1 or 2 in back watching A or C.

Hold A,B or C,B the entire game and you win. The key is not pressing the zone where your enemies are spawning -- A or C, depending on where you start. You have to sit back and let them walk into your fire.

If you die, go back to your assigned position. Of course, communication on the mics makes this easy if you need someone to cover for you while you try and run back.

Start throwing in Kill Streak and Load Out coordination, and **** will get downright ridiculous in terms of completely smearing random teams. :biggrin:

In the long run, you get more points for winning matches than just racking up random kills. Oh, and games will end quicker, too.
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited March 2011
    I play Conquest mode in Battlefield quite often, which is essentially the same thing as Domination, with the other Renegades, who are for the most part ex-military and extremely strategic when it comes to these games. They'll all tell you time and time again that the key to success is to hold the 1st two out of three objectives. If you try to hold all three, generally you'll spread your forces out thin, per objective, and will have a more difficult time holding the objectives.

If you guys really wanna win, you honestly need to cut out on the excessive chatter and limit the talking to game-critical information. So the constant swearing, the "aw s*** i died, blah blah blah". All of that stuff has gotta go. Relaying enemy positions and coordinating efforts instead of talking about the unnecessary stuff will help out a ton.

Travel in pairs or trios if not more with kits that have different features. That way between the two or three of you, you cover a lot more options for detecting, deterring, and eliminating enemies. That's a little tougher to do because of CoD's retarded random spawning, and the fact that it's designed to be less team oriented than Battlefield, so don't put your heart and soul into getting that one down.
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    Spawn points in Black Ops really aren't sporadic unless your team travels too far into enemy territory. Then its chaos. Once you have A,B or C,B, you need to not go past B. As long as nobody on your team ventures forward into A or C (enemy territory), the spawns will be predictable. If you do, the spawning becomes sporadic.

I don't play Battlefield because the controls are way too clunky and rigid. As much as Black Ops is an arcade style shooter, the movements are a lot more realistic. Of course, stabbing people from a great distance is nonsense.

It would be nice to get an actual tactical shooter that had a good feel for controls and movement. GRAW is the closest thing to that I've seen.
  • Zeros
    edited March 2011
    I would love to play with strategy instead of us all running around all willy nilly by our selves and getting killed. I really seem to enjoy our games on domination when we play ground war because its more of a team effort. Maybe we can play domination this Friday.

BTW i was just giving you a hard time about us polkies Demi. :tongue:
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    I know. You don't have to be a great shooter to make this work either, of course...having a few on your team is helpful. I can tell Ashley to cap flags and watch them, and she does it well and gets lots of points that way...even if she finishes 8-12. Far more helpful for a win than the doofus that doesn't cap or defend anything and goes 30-6.
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2011
    You'll see me on the news if i don't get to play this friday. The lady always ruins EVERYTHING!! :mad::mad:

Redrum Redrum!!!!
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    You need to talk her into gaming with you. Hot damn did I ever get lucky. :biggrin:
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2011
    HA!....It's a good thing i spent $150 on the Kinect she wanted for it to collect dust in the corner.
    She used to play but FPS, no her cup of tea.
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    *ahem*

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2011
    PrazVT wrote: »
    *ahem*

Yes.....did you hit 15prestige yet? :biggrin:
  • Zeros
    edited March 2011
    *ahem*

Yes? You playing tonight?
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    *ahem*

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/54yIMKjG048&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    Hilarious - "Let Me Clear My Throat"
    Yes.....did you hit 15prestige yet?

No no..still sitting somewhere @ 12.
    Yes? You playing tonight?

Are YOU playing tonight?! Hmm yah probably since I didn't get to play yesterday.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • Zeros
    edited March 2011
    Are YOU playing tonight?! Hmm yah probably since I didn't get to play yesterday.

Yeah I had to work on a few computers last night for a friend so I didn't get on either. I should be on tonight.
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    Cool. No prob - my 2200ii amp went on the fritz last night, so I was preoccupied too.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    So...we gonna try this stuff tonight or no?
  • Zeros
    edited March 2011
    So...we gonna try this stuff tonight or no?

I would love to. I played HQ for the first time last night and absolutely love it. It is such a cool concept and an XP fest (if you are the winning team obviously). I was pulling in like 9-10K xp per round. I was thinking how cool it would be to get our whole crew to try it, as long as we are under the number of people that pushes us to ground war.

For anyone that hasn't played HQ (like me until lat night) here's a quick summary:

A "HQ" package is dropped on the map. After a little bit it goes "online" and your team has to capture it. If you capture it, you have to defend it. While you have it captured you get +50 XP every 5 seconds until the other team destroys it. The kicker is, while you own it, if you get killed you don't re-spawn. That gives the attacking team a chance to destroy it. Even dead, though, you still get the +50 XP while your team holds the HQ. Once it is destroyed the "HQ" is dropped at another location, you re-spawn, and have to go capture it again or go destroy it if the other team gets it. I really enjoyed it as a nice change of pace.
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2011
    Yes will try it tonight. The crap shoot is i just prestiged and am stuck with **** guns for the moment.

This is my usual load out until i get my AUG back, then i just switch guns.
    Famas
    M72 Law
    Grenade
    Concussion
    Claymore

Perks
    Ghost
    Hardened or warlord
    Marathon

Killstreaks
    Spy Plane
    Napalm
    Mortars

I am up for changing anything that anyone feels needs to be changed.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    The problem with telling you to change stuff up is that you know what works for you. Some people are better with SMGs than say, LMGs. I'd say gun-wise people should stick with what they're comfortable with.

As gear goes, I think we should mostly be using the white phosphorous grenades, Willy Petes. Of course, a couple people with concussion grenades or flash bangs would be nice, too. Maybe half 'n half.

With the kill streaks, I think we just need to be honest about who is likely to have more kills without deaths and give the higher end load outs to them. Of course, a bunch of low end load outs can be a huge pain in the **** for the other team.

I don't have a lot of trouble getting Attack Dogs or Chopper Gunners, but I'm only level 13 in 5th prestige right now, so I need a few more levels to get more COD Cash to buy some extra kill streaks.

I'm down with HQ and Domination. We could switch it up.

Also, there's nothing wrong with us having to move to ground war. We'll just use our tactics for Domination and try to figure something out for TDM.
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2011
    Also, there's nothing wrong with us having to move to ground war. We'll just use our tactics for Domination and try to figure something out for TDM.

Ground war is the only way i play.....works for me.

I just like to consider myself a support class. I don't get crazy killstreaks due to usually being knee deep in the stink whenever possible (I'm a B rusher, that's what happens). That's why i roll with lower kill streaks. We can do willy petes...:biggrin:
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    I can probably help w/ the higher killstreaks - I usually roll with napalm / copter / b52 (or chopper gunner).

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • Zeros
    edited March 2011
    With the kill streaks, I think we just need to be honest about who is likely to have more kills without deaths and give the higher end load outs to them. Of course, a bunch of low end load outs can be a huge pain in the **** for the other team.

Yeah, as you all know, I rarely get kill streaks, so I don't mind at all sticking to spy plane, counter spy plane and care package or whatever.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    Do you freak out when you see an enemy and then lay on the trigger or is it just a reaction time thing (I'm being serious)?