2010 NJ Polkfest equipment thread.

Comments

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    edited September 2010
    ohskigod wrote: »
    NICE!! always wanted to hear those. look so delicate though

You're going to like what you hear! They are not delicate at all...just very stiff & somewhat hard to route, but once in place :D:D:D. The double helix weave pattern is extremely tight.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited September 2010
    You're going to like what you hear! They are not delicate at all...just very stiff & somewhat hard to route, but once in place :D:D:D. The double helix weave pattern is extremely tight.

thats what I was curious about, I couldn't imagine them being as delicate as they look and be practical, but it literally looks like a thin sandwich bag covering them. looking forward to seeing them in person.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2010
    I've always wondered about those too....

Sorry Antny, I love you brother but those speakers will be in one of two places....and your place ain't one of 'em. :D That said, I can make you a SWEET deal on a pair of Quads..

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    edited September 2010
    thats what I was curious about, I couldn't imagine them being as delicate as they look and be practical, but it literally looks like a thin sandwich bag covering them. looking forward to seeing them in person.

Lou, you're talking about the MS line of IC's. They have the sandwich wrap & are a tad delicate but nothing a little patience won't fix. I'm bring the MS Double Helix speaker cables with the PLUS upgrade...no sandwich wrap here bro! Just awesome sound!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2010
    Lou, you're talking about the MS line of IC's. They have the sandwich wrap & are a tad delicate but nothing a little patience won't fix. I'm bring the MS Double Helix speaker cables with the PLUS upgrade...no sandwich wrap here bro! Just awesome sound!!!

Two words; Ultra Rigid!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2010
    Two words; Ultra Rigid!

When I think about Mark...

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    TroyD wrote: »
    When I think about Mark...

BDT

WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!:eek:
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    hey gang, I just realized I am a little light in the raffle department. I'm throwing in my dad's old TX85 Onkyo Integra receiver. this was their totl 2 channel receiver circa 1987 ish? A bad **** reciever that I just don't use. IT was my dad's, so for sentimental reasons never parted with it but this good cause is just the ticket.

As always the raffle proceeds and 50/50 action will go to the Githens Center, Club Polk's unofficial/official charity.

If anyone has some stuff they want to throw in the kitty, be not afraid. let me know
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited September 2010
    Lou, I will give $100 dollars to the Githens Center when I get to your house. GG cant see this post, but could you please pass this post to him? I'm out on the Karma.;)
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2010
    If anyone has some stuff they want to throw in the kitty, be not afraid. let me know

I have a very nice Carver tuner that Jim (jtgranby) graciously gave to me. I'm sure he will be happy to know it is being used for this good cause.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • jonicont
    jonicont Posts: 277
    edited September 2010
    Long time lurker here. I'll be coming. Bringing a Sony 300cd juke for the raffle
    SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

• hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    hey gang, I just realized I am a little light in the raffle department. I'm throwing in my dad's old TX85 Onkyo Integra receiver. this was their totl 2 channel receiver circa 1987 ish? A bad **** reciever that I just don't use. IT was my dad's, so for sentimental reasons never parted with it but this good cause is just the ticket.

As always the raffle proceeds and 50/50 action will go to the Githens Center, Club Polk's unofficial/official charity.

Louie since you're light, on top of what I'm bringing for the raffle I may be able to dig up a few more goodies. Githens is my main charity and I've not been able to contribute of late but here's a good way for me to get caught up!:)
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited September 2010
    I"m bringing the pair of SDA's I picked up from Strider a few months back to raffle off. All proceeds to Githens.

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    I"m bringing the pair of SDA's I picked up from Strider a few months back to raffle off. All proceeds to Githens.

Gordon

That's awesome. Good on you Gordon!
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    just got caught up on this thread, if this all pans out this will be a pretty good raffle.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2010
    Guess I need to rustle up some more cash before I come down, for raffle tickets alone!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    Hawkeye wrote: »

Gordon

dayum son!!!!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    Gang,

gonna put this here and the equipment thread. I know many of you bring CD's, but can some of you bring music DVD's (DVD audio or more importantly concert DVD's) for the theater rig in the living room? I have some but not enough to carry a whole weekend.

the theater rig can also do sacd as well thanks to the new Oppo BDP-80 in the hizzy.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited September 2010
    Lou,

Can you post a list of what gear is going to be there. Also, a list of anything that is still needed?

sm88, definitely bring those Ushers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited September 2010
    """"Also, a list of anything that is still needed? """"""""

Can you get me the day off so I can go Jesse ?????
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited September 2010
    Sure no problem, take the whole month off.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    Vette C6.r wrote: »
    """"Also, a list of anything that is still needed? """"""""

Can you get me the day off so I can go Jesse ?????

Hey Detective! Where were you when I needed ya!:eek::D:p
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2010
    I'm going to insist that all you wonderful people who are bringing stuff to raffle off and want to give the proceeds to The Githens Center, please bring your own checkbook to Polkfest. I would much rather get handed a check made out to Githens than a handful of cash. When YOU make out the check, it is YOU that gets the tax deduction at the end of the year. I plan on having our host write me a Githens check for whatever amount I may realize from my raffles.

You guys realize that this is going to push us WAAAAYY over the amount from last year?
  • sm88
    sm88 Posts: 353
    edited September 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    Lou,

Can you post a list of what gear is going to be there. Also, a list of anything that is still needed?

I work weekends unfortunately. If enough people wanted me to and if people were interested in buying some of the piles of equipment I've got at Polkfest i'd see about getting the Saturday shift covered for me, but i'm a waiter so weekends are my bread and butter!
    Current System:
    Paradigm Signature S2 v2
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
    Wyred4Sound DAC2
    Audioquest Black Mamba II

For Sale:
    3x Wilson Cub's
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    Lou,

not sure if Polk is cool with me posting the list of what they are bringing. I'll compile the other stuff though.

lets put it this way, I will be buying a number of raffle tickets.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    not sure if Polk is cool with me posting the list of what they are bringing. I'll compile the other stuff though.

lets put it this way, I will be buying a number of raffle tickets.

Louie I wouldn't post it publically. You never know who watching. If anyone needs to know, make a list in a document and copy and paste the info into a PM and send it on along. I know it's a bit of time and work but better to be safe then sorry! This coming from a sorry guy!:rolleyes:;)
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    workin on it. I took all of next week off for overall prep. Dvae is comin, and I might tap local boys who offered this week if it's a bigger task than I think. the bulk of it is done with the second floor cleared out......but there is a lot of details to maximize the space I have.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    Here is the raffle list so far for the stuff not including Polk's offering.

Hearingimpared - Hafler Amplifier with Musical Fidelity upgrades

Hawkeye - SDA-2's

Ricardo - Carver Tuner

Me - Onkyo Integra TX-88 reciever
    12" speaker stands
    Outlaw ICBM bass management system
    Oppo HD970 DVD player (plays SACD's as well)
    PolkAudio reference XM tuner signed by Matt Polk

If I am missing anything let me know. I have erased a ton of PM's lately and might be forgetting if anyone else offered. Also note, if any of these items are sold outright by the donor with the proceeds going to Githens (this is the Donor option of course) then obviously it will be removed from the raffle list.

how the raffle will be organized is unknown as of yet. might be one big raffle, or 2 smaller ones over 2 days. Might do a Chinese auction type of thing. Whatever has the best chance of getting a nice amount for the Center.

if anyone has any input, especially the donors, let me know here or by PM
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    add a Sony CDP-CX255 300cd jukebox from Jonicont....left that out in error!
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2010
    At a minimum I will raffle off a very nice looking pair of Monitor 4, and a likewise nice pair of RTI 28.
    I'm looking at the number of attendees and thinking a $5 bill will get you a shot at both.