2010 NJ Polkfest equipment thread.

Comments

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,979
    edited July 2010
    I'm bringing my AAD 2001 monitors w/ stands along w/ River Cable speaker cables.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • jimmydep
    jimmydep Posts: 1,305
    edited July 2010
    ohskigod wrote: »
    someone in the main thread said they were bringing an Emo, can't remember who it was.

I can bring my XPA-5, if everyone promises not to set it on fire and Piss on it...

Jimmy
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2010
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    Can we have a raffle? I'd like to raffle off the SDA2's I bought from strider a month or two back. All proceeds will be given to the Githens Center as a gift from CP. Did I spell it right George?

Gordon

You spelled it correctly but you spell it any way you want sweetheart. You da man!

Louski, are you going to get a roll of raffle ticket things?
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited July 2010

Louski, are you going to get a roll of raffle ticket things?

party store right near my house with a wall of prerolled and packaged raffle tickets in more varieties than you ever thought imaginable. got a color preference

short short answer = yep :)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    keep posting what is available, lots of interesting choices. gang, don't hesitate to call out what you prefer in this.

Phil, those Monitors are a lock, bring em!!! and the cables thanks brotha
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,030
    edited July 2010
    I prefer my modded 5B's and my tube integrated. :p:).

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited July 2010
    I'll have the RTi a1's (very impressive little bookshelves)
    Adcom GFA 545
    Hafler DH110 pre
    Denon CDP (forget the model)
    EPI m-50 bookshelves
    Marantz 2220bg receiver
    Pioneer SX-450 receiver

They'll all be with me. Whether you guys want to utilize them is up to the mood of the group. I would greatly recommend we listen to the RTi A1's, though.

Oh, and I'll have whatever "nicer" interconnects that I own. I think they're bluejeans or something.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2010
    Hey, I've got 5 Carver Silver 9t's. Wanna give your Amazings a workout???
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited July 2010
    I can bring

McIntosh MC2105 SS power amp
    Adcom GCD-700 5-CD changer, all Class A circuit
    Mcintosh MAC-1900 Receiver
    Adcom GFA-5800 SS power amp if the amp is not sold listed in FM
    Sony vintage TA-3200F Power amp and vintage ST-5150 Tuner if they are not sold listed in FM

I don't think I can bring all at once.
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    amulford wrote: »

those big tube jobbies?, christ. you might have to bring 2 of those.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,699
    edited July 2010
    I'm pretty sure anything from carver with a "t" in the name is a "transfer function" model and solid state but mimicking the sound of tubes.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2010

Louie, IIRC when I was at Antny's and he had the 9ts fired up they were solid state.
  • ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    Louie, IIRC when I was at Antny's and he had the 9ts fired up they were solid state.

oh yeah, the 7's are tubes. 9's are solid state. either way, I'm sure they will generate the hatred that Carver Amps do around here :D

I'll make sure Mark doesnt kick them
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2010
    oh yeah, the 7's are tubes. 9's are solid state. either way, I'm sure they will generate the hatred that Carver Amps do around here :D

Actually,, they are quite light for their size-- surprisingly so,,and quite easy to hide. ;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Jstas
    edited July 2010

Actually, there are Silver 7's and Silver 7t's. Silver 7's are tubes. Silver 7t's are solid state.

• amulford
    edited July 2010

Nah, I ain't got the scratch for those puppies...

These are sand, 575 Watt monoblocks...
  • ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    Nah, I ain't got the scratch for those puppies...

These are sand, 575 Watt monoblocks...

bring 2 (the Plats I have can't be biamped), am intrigued if they will make a difference over the m4.0 running them now. power wise it's definitly more umph.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2010
    Ant gottem from me, I gottem from Chuck, at least we gottem so you can gettim.

RT1
  • Jstas
    edited July 2010
    bring 2 (the Plats I have can't be biamped), am intrigued if they will make a difference over the m4.0 running them now. power wise it's definitly more umph.

Wasn't the M4.0t built to mimic the sound of the Silver Seven but not the price tag?

As far as I know though, the Silver 7t that everybody hates was designed to be the "affordable 7" for the every man who felt a new family sedan was more in order than a pair of monoblock amplifiers.

If that's right, theoretically, the Silver 9 won't be quite as nice as the M4.0t.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    edited July 2010
    I'm still bringing whatever I can pull out of my pants.......

..pockets.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2010

Maybe you want to part w/couple of those?

John, all those amps, the 9t's, 7t, M4.0t, TFM's 42/25 and all the other TFM's were modded with "the big tube jobs" in mind. They should all theoretically sound the .....
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2010
  • amulford
    edited July 2010
    Maybe you want to part w/couple of those?

John, all those amps, the 9t's, 7t, M4.0t, TFM's 42/25 and all the other TFM's were modded with "the big tube jobs" in mind. They should all theoretically sound the .....

If I can get my grubby little fingers on some Higher powered Tube amps to rum my ribbons, you are the first in line. I think 200 wpc would do, but I have to be able to afford it. They won't go anywhere without your blessing first.

Lou, done...
  • ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    I actually might have a bunch of gear to sell, including my big speakers. I am seriously considering downsizing to a bookshelf rig using my anthem gear.

It is the rig I listen to the most by a long shot (heck, my big rig is still disconnected from when we had the big rain in March since I was worried about water in the basement)

I've been using my theater and the anthem rig for 2 channel. so stay tuned, there might be:

Carver Platinum Amazings
    AR9's
    one or both Haffler dh500 amps

.....maybe.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• amulford
    edited July 2010
    Those AR9's are mine...
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2010
    you cant get rid of the AR9's
  • ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    strong emphasis on maybe Dave, the livingroom upstairs will be the music room. 2 channel will go in there, but so will the imac, recording gear, basses and Amps. It's all gonna be about room and what works. I can almost say the Platinums are not going to work in there, so once again they might be on the block.

the AR9's will be a tougher sell but when Nikki moves out, the Anthem rig is the first thing going in there, if I like it.....I'm just sayin who knows.

besides, those Nitto NT-05 performance tires for the Mustang aren't going to buy themselves ;)

I have 2 large bad @ss speakers in my basement doing nothing, one has to go at least. I thouroughly got my use and enjoyment out of them, and make no mistake.....if there are new owners, they will not regret having them.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    edited July 2010
    I've been looking for AR9's for months now. Keep me in mind :)

James
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2010
    I so want those AR9's
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited July 2010
    jimmydep wrote: »
    I can bring my XPA-5, if everyone promises not to set it on fire and Piss on it...

Jimmy

I don't think anybody wants to hear the XPA-5, but if they do, the XPA-5 is geared toward Home Theater rather than 2 channel. I'd be willing to haul my XPA-2 up if anybody wanted to give a listen since its made for 2 channel.

I also have a pair of XPA-1's but I've never had them hooked up yet (since they won't work with my SDA's) so they're not broken in--There'd have to be some serious interest in hearing those for me to haul them up there though--

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's