2010 NJ Polkfest equipment thread.

1235»

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2010
    How should we keep track of the gear that we bring, that we also intend on taking home? I'm not cool with writing my name on the backs of my equip, so what do you suggest?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited September 2010
    nadams wrote: »
    How should we keep track of the gear that we bring, that we also intend on taking home? I'm not cool with writing my name on the backs of my equip, so what do you suggest?

How about little tags Like this that can be tied to the piece, either on the cord or through a vent hole. And/or some of those newer Post-It like notes that have the sticky all over rather than just at the top strip.

Have to consider any media that's brought as well.

Does anybody have something like this already?? If not I can pick some up.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited September 2010

just bring then take it home, what's the big deal?

there will most likely be an area for the raffle items
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited September 2010

We're all adults, no one needs to write their name on their undies.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mmadden28
    edited September 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    We're all adults, no one needs to write their name on their undies.

er, uh, what's wrong with writing names on undies?

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,979
    edited September 2010
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    er, uh, what's wrong with writing names on undies?

It doesn't last...I prefer the edible type (strawberry is my favorite)!!!! :D
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • mmadden28
    edited September 2010
    It doesn't last...I prefer the edible type (strawberry is my favorite)!!!! :D

Right, so how is one going to know, in the heat of the moment, just who's undies it is that they are chomping down on?

• mmadden28
    edited September 2010
    Here's the list of gear I'm bringing to make avail for use whereever:
    Odyssey Khartago
    NHT Power2 amp (Class D IcePower)
    Dodd ELP Tube Pre (and some variety of tubes)
    Monarchy Audio 18B DAC
    MSB DAC
    MIT AVT1 interconnects (1 pr.)
    MIT AVT1 Speaker cables (1 pr.)

I'll also try to bring some other interconnects, a Juicebar and power cables as well in case they're needed somewhere.
    A small selection of CDs/SACDs/DVD-A

I am also bringing the Emotiva XPA-2, and if I am especially motivated, I may also haul a pair of XPA-1s (what the hay, I'm seeing a surgeon about a hernia next week anyway :o:rolleyes: ). I realize that there will be far better gear onsite, but these will be avail in case anybody wants to give them a try. I've never even fired up the XPA-1's yet--still virgin-so keep in mind that they are not broken in in the least bit.

I'm not expecting everything to get into rotation, but will be avail as an option.

I'm expecting to be there at the start on Friday through to the end on Sat.

Looking forward to seeing some of you again, and meeting many of you for the first time.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited September 2010
    Mike, considering that those amps have never been turned on, I would suggest leaving them at home.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited September 2010
    Mike - Please bring the Monarchy DAC, Dodd ELP and MIT.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mmadden28
    edited September 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    Mike, considering that those amps have never been turned on, I would suggest leaving them at home.

Yeah, I was thinking that even as I wrote it. I recall hearing they have a fairly long break-in time, like the Odyssey lineup.

• dorokusai
    edited September 2010
    Here's the list of gear I'm bringing to make avail for use whereever:
    Odyssey Khartago
    NHT Power2 amp (Class D IcePower)
    Dodd ELP Tube Pre (and some variety of tubes)
    Monarchy Audio 18B DAC
    MSB DAC
    MIT AVT1 interconnects (1 pr.)
    MIT AVT1 Speaker cables (1 pr.)

I'll also try to bring some other interconnects, a Juicebar and power cables as well in case they're needed somewhere.
    A small selection of CDs/SACDs/DVD-A

I am also bringing the Emotiva XPA-2, and if I am especially motivated, I may also haul a pair of XPA-1s (what the hay, I'm seeing a surgeon about a hernia next week anyway :o:rolleyes: ). I realize that there will be far better gear onsite, but these will be avail in case anybody wants to give them a try. I've never even fired up the XPA-1's yet--still virgin-so keep in mind that they are not broken in in the least bit.

I'm not expecting everything to get into rotation, but will be avail as an option.

I'm expecting to be there at the start on Friday through to the end on Sat.

Looking forward to seeing some of you again, and meeting many of you for the first time.

I'd love to see and hear that NHT amplifier as well....if you feel like bringing it.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mmadden28
    edited September 2010
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I'd love to see and hear that NHT amplifier as well....if you feel like bringing it.

That list is the list of what I'm definitely bringing (well except the XPA-1s) :)

I haven't played with the NHT on inside speakers yet, Its running my Atriums outside right now and does a real fine job at that.

• dorokusai
    edited September 2010
    Excellent. I'm happy to have some ppl bring some cool gear. It doesn't mean one thing is better than the other, just different.

The BBQ is coming for the Polk demo but any amplifier would work in reality.
  • jimmydep
    jimmydep Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2010
    If Mike is bringing the XPA-2 I'll leave my XPA-5 home.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2010
    Mike & Jimmy I would love to hear the Emotivas to hear what all the hoopla is about both positive and negative.
  • Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    edited September 2010
    Hi all,

I just posted this in the other Polkfest thread, but I think it's more appropraite here:

Hello all -

I posted in the other thread that I will not be able to be at Polkfest. I was telling someone last night how disappointed I was because I really wanted to put some faces with the names. I was going to say, if anyone would like to pick it up, I can send some of my gear along for sampling. People have shown an interest in two particular items - The Sony SS-M7's (pretty rare and highly thought of - designed by a polk engineer), and the TAD Signature Tube preamp (I think there were only like 200 made or something like that). If you will be passing through Southern NJ and want to pick them up and drop them off afterwards, I'm willing to make the loan. Let me know, and have fun.

James
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • jimmydep
    jimmydep Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2010
    Mike & Jimmy I would love to hear the Emotivas to hear what all the hoopla is about both positive and negative.

Joe, If you'd like to hear the Emotiva XPA-5 I'll be very happy to bring it along.

Jim D
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2010

You can easily keep track of the stuff you're getting from me. I wrote your name on the fascia of each piece (REALLY tiny letters though) with yellow paint marker. I have other colors if you want me to go over the yellow but I think it looks okay.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2010
    jimmydep wrote: »
    Joe, If you'd like to hear the Emotiva XPA-5 I'll be very happy to bring it along.

Jim D

IMHO Jimmy, if Mike is bringing the XPA-2 you bringing the XPA-5 would just be overkill and kill your back besides.
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited September 2010
    You can easily keep track of the stuff you're getting from me. I wrote your name on the fascia of each piece (REALLY tiny letters though) with yellow paint marker. I have other colors if you want me to go over the yellow but I think it looks okay.

You only did that for Noah, or for all of us?
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2010
    I will have to set up with...

1 pair of CRS+, with RDO194 tweets and mass loaded stands
    1 pair of Carver Silver 9t monoblocks
    a set of MIT CVT Terminator 1's(2 pr IC's, one pr spkr) courtesy of the Club Polk Cable swap
    a set of MIT Shotgun S3's(2 pr IC's, one pr speaker)

Sorry Lou, I can't find the SignalCable speaker cables. I must have loaned them out, but forget to who...
  • mmadden28
    edited September 2010
    Does anybody have a PS Audio Humbuster or similar transformer hum-reducing tweak that they can bring along? I want to try it out on my Dodd.

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,979
    edited October 2010
    Does anybody have a PS Audio Humbuster or similar transformer hum-reducing tweak that they can bring along? I want to try it out on my Dodd.

I'll bring this along for you to try...it works great in my system.
    http://www.jensen-transformers.com/ci2rr.html
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.