Options
12346»

Comments

• Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mine were like the georgia sun,,,,,kinda bright

I'm another former Adcom user in Georgia that did not care for them, so maybe there is something to this Adcoms not sounding good in GA thing, lol. For the record, I didn't like mine in the mountians or the coast and I tried them at both. Strange.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,097
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Funny how no one who claims they are bright ever qualifies with a model number.

The 750 isn't bright, just about every other Adcom preamp is on the bright end of the scale, no arguement there. Those commenting in a more negative nature should qualify which model(s) they are speaking of so as not to generalize and lump the few truly outstanding Adcom models w/the other lower end/cost stuff.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited September 2010
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Funny how no one who claims they are bright ever qualifies with a model number.

The 750 isn't bright, just about every other Adcom preamp is on the bright end of the scale, no arguement there. Those commenting in a more negative nature should qualify which model(s) they are speaking of so as not to generalize and lump the few truly outstanding Adcom models w/the other lower end/cost stuff.

H9

Yeah that's fair. We cannot generalize everything a company makes due to experineces with a few components. My expereince was with Adcom GFA 545and 555 amps. Both were on the bright side to me and I tried them with different sources, interconnects, speaker cables, etc. Having said that, you can't knock their reliability and bang for the buck factor.