2010 NJ Polkfest equipment thread.

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2010
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    I don't think anybody wants to hear the XPA-5, but if they do, the XPA-5 is geared toward Home Theater rather than 2 channel. I'd be willing to haul my XPA-2 up if anybody wanted to give a listen since its made for 2 channel.

I also have a pair of XPA-1's but I've never had them hooked up yet (since they won't work with my SDA's) so they're not broken in--There'd have to be some serious interest in hearing those for me to haul them up there though--

I think there are plenty here including me who want to hear the XPA 2 and A/B it with other gear.
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited July 2010
    I think there are plenty here including me who want to hear the XPA 2 and A/B it with other gear.

Well if there's enough interest I'll bring it (it's about 90 lbs boxed up) , uhg my back is already hurting thinking about it. :o

Also, if there is any interest I can bring:
    Odyssey Khartago
    NHT Power2 amp (Class D IcePower)
    Dodd ELP Tube Pre
    Monarchy Audio 18B DAC
    MSB DAC
    MIT AVT1 interconnects (1 pr.)
    MIT AVT1 Speaker cables (1 pr.)

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2010
    I've had four AR-5's in the same room using the Dynaco Quadaptor and that is a blast. I had six KLH Model 6 in the same room using an ADS 10 and that was fun. Four Polk RTA11t's in the same room with the Quadaptor was nice. So naturally Lou, I have been toying with the idea of four AR-9's in the same room, maybe with some kind of older Fosgate device. HOWEVER, I think she would toy with the idea of knifing me.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited July 2010
    . So naturally Lou, I have been toying with the idea of four AR-9's in the same room.

I imagine results similar to that produced by the Large Hadron Collider. and yeah, I'd say a knife in the Kidney from the wifey has at least an 18% chance of being a reality.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2010
    You heard it here first.
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited July 2010
    ... I think she would toy with the idea of knifing me.

George, I only met the lovely Mrs. Grand that one time, but she didn't seem like the stabbing type. Thought she seemed more inclined to prefer blunt instruments...
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2010
    Blunt instrument?

She'd chop his head off with a hoe.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Blunt instrument?

She'd chop his head off with a hoe.

it's always the quiet ones.....LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2010
    stay tuned gang, the sis in law's house closing is 8/24, if the second floor clears out, we can have 3-4 rigs (4 is if we do one in the basement, I was mulling over the cellar just being a music free cill out zone as well). I'll pool what people offerred up to bring and finalize plans depending on how things go, stay tuned.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2010
    Lou:

I can be up there for Saturday and the easy stuff for me to bring are:

LSi7's
    LSi9's
    The Knight Monoblocks Russman made/commissioned with Gary Dodd
    Analog Devices CDP with tube output stage
    and a passive pre + bunches and bunches of cables.

Let me know if you want me to bring any/all of it.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2010
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Lou:

I can be up there for Saturday and the easy stuff for me to bring are:

LSi7's
    LSi9's
    The Knight Monoblocks Russman made/commissioned with Gary Dodd
    Analog Devices CDP with tube output stage
    and a passive pre + bunches and bunches of cables.

Let me know if you want me to bring any/all of it.

whatever the room situation is, I can easily say yes to the LSi7's (I already have a set of 9's here in the theater)

cd player = YES, along with cables.

speaking of cables.......to ALL members...MARK YOUR CABLES YOU"RE BRINGING. masking tape with your name perhaps? I want to limit or eliminate what could be a missing cable phenomenon!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2010
    Ok cool, I can't decide if I should bring the knights... Last time they made an appearance, lightman was planning on killing me to steal them so I might be safer leaving them at home.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    edited August 2010
    I have a request/question. I am still perplexed about vinyl. I haven't given it a true chance yet, but each time, I constantly think that I am missing something. If I can make it, i plan on bringing my TAD 150 Signature preamp with nice phono stage. Will there be vinyl gear that someone can hook up to it to showcase it? In particular, I would love to hear recordings that are both on CD and Vinyl so we can hear an A/B comparison.

Hopefully there are vinyl peeps that are already planning on doing this. Thanks,

James
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited August 2010
    Ok cool, I can't decide if I should bring the knights... Last time they made an appearance, lightman was planning on killing me to steal them so I might be safer leaving them at home.
    No, not kill... maim, yes...never kill. That would be rude and uncouth. ;)
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2010

Even if Russ killed you, he would still have to get them out of my house......good luck with that Russ ;)
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited August 2010
    I could pull the old "Hey Look! Is that Elvis over there?!!" trick to distract you and haul **** with the goods.
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2010
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I could pull the old "Hey Look! Is that Elvis over there?!!" trick to distract you and haul **** with the goods.

that wouldnt work, I hate Elvis :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited August 2010
    It's getting close boys, just sayin :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2010
    Is anyone driving up 95 (ie through the Carolinas)? Just curious.......

Also, re the AR9's.....IF those come up on the block, I'd really like to bring those back home, if you know what I mean.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2010
    TroyD wrote: »
    Is anyone driving up 95 (ie through the Carolinas)? Just curious.......

Also, re the AR9's.....IF those come up on the block, I'd really like to bring those back home, if you know what I mean.

BDT

Understood. I am so torn on this.......I'll see how they fly in the new audio room (when my sis and brother in lawn move out) Either them\Carvers or going, or the Anthem gear ... I've got way too much stuff here. the new room will also be a music studio and gaming area, so I have reasons to not have a ridiculously huge 2 channel.

either way, I (or anyone else) is a better audiophile for owning these bad boys.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• TroyD
    edited August 2010
    I hear you brother.....letting the AR9's go is probably my biggest regret in terms of seller's remorse.

BDT
  • wayne3burk
    wayne3burk Posts: 939
    edited August 2010
    AR9s for sale -- 2 pair

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/1923652382.html

no affiliation

and sorry for the cross post post

wayyne
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie
  • sm88
    sm88 Posts: 353
    edited August 2010
    It's a bit of a drive from Boston, but given the hype i'd consider bringing my Usher's, I know I was curious before I took a blind plunge on them!
    Current System:
    Paradigm Signature S2 v2
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
    Wyred4Sound DAC2
    Audioquest Black Mamba II

For Sale:
    3x Wilson Cub's
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2010
    Ok, lemme get this straight. I am bringing-
    1 pair of CRS+'s with loaded original stands (rdo 194 tweeters)
    1 pair of Carver Silver 9t's

What else do you need?

Oh yeah, IF the AR9's are leaving, it will be in MY effin truck, capiche???
  • TroyD
    edited August 2010
    That's pretty sweet that you are going to deliver them to me, Antny!...I sold those with some 10awg strings attached ;-)

BDT
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2010
    amulford wrote: »
    Ok, lemme get this straight. I am bringing-
    1 pair of CRS+'s with loaded original stands (rdo 194 tweeters)
    1 pair of Carver Silver 9t's

What else do you need?

Oh yeah, IF the AR9's are leaving, it will be in MY effin truck, capiche???

Ant, sounds like a plan. The CRS's can go wherever I put the bookshelf rig, though I am sure I will have to check with RUssman if the Anthem is common ground. I have extra amps if it is not.

nothing solid on the AR9's genuinly on the fence kids...but Troy is right on first crack, was part of our original deal.

Don't forget, I might decide to part with the Plats before the AR9's. I can say that a certain Melos Preamp could grease some wheels.....I know it's a long shot, but shame on me if I didnt throw it out there ;)
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2010
    TroyD wrote: »
    That's pretty sweet that you are going to deliver them to me, Antny!...I sold those with some 10awg strings attached ;-)

BDT

Dirty stinking rotten $%#@&amp;^% $#()^<> backdoor *(^%#@!^%!!!!!

(That was with all the love I could muster, of course...;))
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2010
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    edited August 2010
    Along w/ my AAD 2001 monitors I'll also be bringing my newly acquired Mapleshade Double Helix speaker cables with the PLUS upgrade (they're breaking in as we speak). So far they sound pretty darn good!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2010
    Along w/ my AAD 2001 monitors I'll also be bringing my newly acquired Mapleshade Double Helix speaker cables with the PLUS upgrade (they're breaking in as we speak). So far they sound pretty darn good!!!

NICE!! always wanted to hear those. look so delicate though
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -