2010 NJ Polkfest equipment thread.

ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,501
edited October 2010 in Gatherings & Special Events
As per George's wise and almost sage-like advise, This thread is devoted solely to equipment needs (as well as what you might want to bring to sell) at Polkfest.

Might not hurt to post if you need anything either. Who knows, we got a big local crowd coming that might have some gear available,

Here's a short list of stuff we might need logistically.

- cables, cables, cables......of the speaker and interconnect variety. If we go 3 or more rigs, I'm gonna come up short easily in this dept alone.

- If anyone is in the mood for Vinyl, I aint got squat here (I might have a ProJect pre floating around but not sure, pretend I have nothing.

- some bookshelves would be nice.....or anything you want to here on the Anthem set up I will have running.

anything you wanna bring, put it down here. things might be subject to change if my sis in law's house deal falls through......will still be plenty of room for a fest if it does, don't panic.

You guys that have mentioned what you were bringing in the main thread, post it here if you can so we have it all in one spot

thanks

Lou
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    oh, anyone have anything floating around to raffle? I might be willing to throw My Dad's Onkyo Integra tx-85 receiver in the mix. beefy 2 channel reciever with built in DBX noise reduction that we never knew how to use.

only thing stopping me is the sentimental factor.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited July 2010
    I can bring some W4S gear(amp, integrated amp, and DAC). Also some MIT AVt MA cables.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2010
    I can bring my Belles pre and a Quicksilver tube amp
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    edited July 2010
    I am not sure if I will be able to make it, due to a possible move going on, but if I can I will bring my new TAD 150 Signature tube preamp. I haven't even used it yet, but it's quite rare - only like 350 made, so we can check it out.

James
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    edited July 2010
    I'll bring myself. That will trump any gear you sum-batches dare to bring.

or... a modest 15W per channel tube driven nearfield monitor set-up.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2010
    Want a pair of CRS+'s (with stands) to set up? (They are NOT for sale or give away, however...)
  • george daniel
    edited July 2010
    I can bring my Belles pre and a Quicksilver tube amp

Or,, how about the Adcom GDA 600 with mods?
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited July 2010
    I don't plan to bring anything unless there's a specific request and corresponding bribe to convince me:

This is what could make the trip with me:

-Modded MMG's
    -Pass Labs X250
    -RTA-15TL's with upgraded Xovers and RDO's
    -BAT VK-5i preamp
    -Assorted cables

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • jimmydep
    jimmydep Posts: 1,305
    edited July 2010
    I don't have any equiptment worth bringing, but I will make some chow......just let me know what you guy's want.

Jimmy
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited July 2010
    Jimmy, that was some great food that you brought to Sal's!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    Lasareath wrote: »
    I can bring my 1.2TL's

I just need a uhaul and someone to help me!

something always feels right about having a pair of badass SDA's at a polkfest. Keep them in a holding pattern, if my sis's house deal goes through i might take you up on it. In the meantime sit tight.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    Face wrote: »
    Jimmy, that IS some great food that you WILL BE BRINGING to POLKFEST!

fixed :D

thanks brotha. actually others said they will bring food. I might need a food logistics thread as well. I'll dial in food next month. stay tuned
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I don't plan to bring anything unless there's a specific request and corresponding bribe to convince me:

This is what could make the trip with me:

-Modded MMG's
    -Pass Labs X250
    -RTA-15TL's with upgraded Xovers and RDO's
    -BAT VK-5i preamp
    -Assorted cables

I'll say some cables up front. if the other stuff is a hassle don't worry, looks like we got a lot coverred.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited July 2010
    Or,, how about the Adcom GDA 600 with mods?

I'd like to hear that - I have a plain stock one, and would love to hear the improvements.
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited July 2010
    Face wrote: »
    Jimmy, that was some great food that you brought to Sal's!

I agree!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2010
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I'll bring myself. That will trump any gear you sum-batches dare to bring.

or... a modest 15W per channel tube driven nearfield monitor set-up.

note to self: bring ointment...
  • ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    amulford wrote: »

if someone has a bootleg antibiotic connection, now's the time to mention it :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited July 2010
    I cannot believe that nobody is bringing an Emo.:D

I wish I could come guys, but perhaps next year.:cool:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2010
    Bookshelves? Pair of Polk Monitor 4 and RTI 28 that I can sell or raffle off be okay?
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited July 2010
    I can bring my little Maverick Audio D1 which is a tube pre-amp/DAC/headphone amp. It is good for a little system.

www.mavaudio.com

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,699
    edited July 2010

I was thinking more like a stun gun.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    edited July 2010
    Oh, if anyone is dying to hear my Sony's I can bring those - again, if I am able to make it.

James
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • ohskigod
    edited July 2010
    someone in the main thread said they were bringing an Emo, can't remember who it was.

George, bring em, sounds good. Milerlite, I'm curious about that Maverick, sounds like it doest take up too much room.

I just had a thought, we might be light on sources.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited July 2010
    Can we have a raffle? I'd like to raffle off the SDA2's I bought from strider a month or two back. All proceeds will be given to the Githens Center as a gift from CP. Did I spell it right George?

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited July 2010
    Want a pair of CRS+'s (with stands) to set up? (They are NOT for sale or give away, however...)

I'd like to hear them!

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2010
    WHAT!!! NO VINYL RIG!?! Count me out!:mad:

j/k:D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2010
    Lou see if you can get the CRS that I won 2 years ago. We can set them up.
  • george daniel
    edited July 2010
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    I'd like to hear them!

Gordon

+1 on the CRS,,I'd love to hear them.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,030
    edited July 2010
    I know we are going to have a lot of volunteers for gear but I'll throw this out there.

The plan is for DKG999 and I to drive to Ricardo's, stay over night, hear his rig and then Ricardo would drive the remainder of the way to Lou's so............

I can bring my RD0, Clarity Cap modded 5B's and one of my flea powered integrated tube amps and the heavily modded Adcom GDA600 dac for a nice little bedroom rig. Since we will be driving, it will be every easy to transport.

Let me know if you're interested Lou.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • george daniel
    edited July 2010
    Brock,, since you are much closer,,I'll leave my Adcom at home,,and bring something else,if needed,like my Wright pre,,it has a small footprint ,and I've just finished upgrading the volume control and output coupling caps to those russiam k-40 thingys.