2010 Polkfest, rockin dirty Jersey!!

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited February 2010
    dorokusai wrote: »
    When you and your boyfriend get something more "easy to look at" setup, we should make it a formal thread no? Kinda like the other Polkfests' maybe?

You're not even going.

Sorry. My attitude must suck and there are those who are offended by that and they need to know ahead of time that I just don't care. I just find it hard to believe that grown men and women are so incapable of making reservations at a hotel that we need to do such levels of hand holding.

I can understand when the events are being held is less sparsely populated areas that would require a decent amount of knowledge of the local area for good recommendations. However, this is Totowa, NJ. It is part of the NYC "Megaplex". There are copious amounts of facilities available and they are quite easy to find. A simple search on Google for "hotels near Totowa NJ" yields multiple pages of results. You don't even have to know them. Just go find the 800 number for your favorite hotel chain and tell them you are attending a convention in Totowa and you need a room close by. They'll set you up and the only thinking you have to do is dialing the number on the keep pad and whether you want the mini bar stocked or not.

I'm not trying to plan for Lou. I just find it absurd that such emphasis is being put on this when in 5 minutes I was able to find information on numerous hotels. So much so that posting ALL of the info I found was far too time consuming. I'd rather write long posts bitching at you about my issues with this thread.

I'll let Lou post a date and then we'll deal with the hotels. Maybe we can even make people's reservations for them! How keen would that be? Golly, I hope the date falls smack in the middle of midterms at Carverfest so I can make it!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited February 2010
    I assume that by "late September" you mean something like the 25th or later? I hope so, as I'm planning on popping my Polkfest cherry this year, and the Jewish holidays don't end until around that time.

Just my 2 cents.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited February 2010
    Children, children, children, do we really need all this bickering!?!

Lou will set the dates and the rest of us will have to see how it fits into our lives.....simple, yes?

For the record, I will be there......whatever the dates may be.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2010
    give me a call, so we can start thinking about a menu...
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2010
    Jstas wrote: »
    Just because I hate most people doesn't mean that was my sole reason. Things like launching missiles in to space and even nuptials get in the way. But I wasn't gonna **** about it.

:eek::eek::eek:LMAO!!! Atta guy, too many people are dishonest with their feelings or are afraid of backlash.;):D
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    amulford wrote: »
    give me a call, so we can start thinking about a menu...

I can help you out with the cooking Ant.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2010
    This is the most entertaining thread that I have seen in a while.And Joe,, I've gotta' 5 lb. bag of some "Georgia Ice Cream" just for you,and the "Jersey Crew" ;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    This is the most entertaining thread that I have seen in a while.And Joe,, I've gotta' 5 lb. bag of some "Georgia Ice Cream" just for you,and the "Jersey Crew" ;)

Cool, thanks George.:)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2010
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Many members? L O L, don't you mean like 2?

Please schedule it during Carverfest...or Lamefest...or the wanna-be Polkfest.

At Carverfest you can get a complimentary Carver Forum tee-shirt with knife holes already in the back. Don't want to pass those up.
  • jimmydep
    jimmydep Posts: 1,305
    edited February 2010
    Lou, I'll be there.....Let me know if you want help with the planing, PM me and we can get together. I'm only 10 minutes from you.
    I could bring an XPA-5 and Sunfire amp for demo, only if youse guys promise not to throw any burning liquids on it.........

Jimmy
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2010
    I'll plan on being there. I can bring my Adcom amp and Hafler pre, plus the RTiA1's. Don't think I'll be lugging the SDA 2's down ;)

I'm not as picky about the date... Just let me know at least a week before it happens.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2010
    At Carverfest you can get a complimentary Carver Forum tee-shirt with knife holes already in the back. Don't want to pass those up.
    Only for you Georgie-pie. Only for you and your warped mind.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • george daniel
    edited February 2010
    If there is going to be an opportunity to listen to some gear,,I would really like for those there to hear my Wright pre--Lou,,please let me know if this is permissable,as I don't wanna mess up any plans for rigs,but I really would like for you guys to hear this thing.TIA--george
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited February 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    Children, children, children, do we really need all this bickering!?!

Lou will set the dates and the rest of us will have to see how it fits into our lives.....simple, yes?

For the record, I will be there......whatever the dates may be.

^^^Wow, where's the drama in that? ;)^^^

+1 Seriously looking forward to this.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2010
    I'm in the mountains of NC all the time and have no love for Carver so I'll be at Lou's if at all possible...even if it does clash with said event.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2010
    Lou you know I will be there. Hell I will make a weeklong trip of it to help set up for the event. Hotel I done need one the guest room is all mine:D. Looking foward to it bud.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    I'm getting really psyched as I missed last year's. I'm really looking forward to seeing all you goons.
  • Fireman32
    edited February 2010
    I'm getting really psyched as I missed last year's. I'm really looking forward to seeing all you goons.

Looking foward to seeing you to Joe. Planning a trip up late march I plan on stopping for a visit on the way up.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited February 2010
    Hm...I've been thinking about taking a trip to the east coast sometime later this year. I might have to schedule it for the same time as Polk Fest.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited February 2010
    Gang,

let me start by saying, "holy **** boys, don't panic"

When I say you will have a date shortly, that mean you will have a date shortly. there are logistical family things I have to work around if I want to have this in the time frame I want to have it (i.e to avoid the freezing cold).

I put out a ballpark figure to a) narrow it down and b) get feedback. I will try to avoid Carverfest to the best of my ability.

While I have recieved alot of good will regarding this fest (and I thank you all for it) I can't help but feel a little hostility regarding this fest. Are some not happy I am having it? if so.......oh well, it should have been discussed when I called it at Troy's I dont remember a clamoring of people I had to fight to claim it....I was the only guy willing from what I am remembering.

I am getting a vibe that some are not happy with my lack of planning? this is not my first rodeo....I have had parties at this joint that were the stuff of legend. PM Fireman32, he'll fill you in on details if needed.

Barring cataclysmic event, it is happening here, whatever support I get from the locals, heavies, or corporate folk will be welcome and incorporated into what I am confident will be a great fest.

Sal, Ant, I will keep you in the loop on food and will accept whetever assistance you are willing to provide. Ant, one word "SAUSAGE". I have some friends that are chefs as well that I can call on if needed, or I can go the catering route.......tons of great places I could do that as ell....in short, food will be handeled.

George D, bring that Pre....the point of the fest is for us to hear different gear, the stuff I got hear I listen to all the time, so the more the merrier.

Gang, call out if anyone is bringing speakers though, as that takes up alot of real estate and should be controlled.

Any questions or apparent concerns, feel free to P.M. me.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • george daniel
    edited February 2010
    Dunno where you are picking up the hostility/disappointment vibes,it ain't from me,,I'm looking forward to the trip.so,,plan away,,I can't wait.:)
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2010
    jimmydep wrote: »
    Lou, I'll be there.....Let me know if you want help with the planing, PM me and we can get together. I'm only 10 minutes from you.
    I could bring an XPA-5 and Sunfire amp for demo, only if youse guys promise not to throw any burning liquids on it.........

Jimmy

bring it along, your gear will be safe.......at least from burning liquids :)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited February 2010
    ohskigod wrote: »
    Gang,

let me start by saying, "holy **** boys, don't panic"

oh come on, the melt down was entertaining
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2010
    http://www.roadsideamerica.com/hotels_motels/hotels/us-nj-wayne.html#trafficLogID=579021178&refererPageID=40&loadStart=1266191619365&visited=true&clickingLogId=70988537

hotels in wayne, less than 10 minutes from my house without traffic, if you cant get into the Totowa Holiday Inn, go with these.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/hotels_motels/hotels/us-nj-clifton.html#trafficLogID=579021178&refererPageID=40&loadStart=1266191869273&visited=true&clickingLogId=70989360

Clifton hotel listing, forget the third one, stick to the ones on RT3.......closer than the secaucus ones listed below. (10 minutes give or take)

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/hotels_motels/hotels/us-nj-secaucus.html#visited=true&trafficLogID=579021178&clickingLogId=70988104

hotel listings in secaucus (about 20 minutes from my house if you drive slow) trafic is a factor though, as these are off rt3 by the Meadowlands (a large sports and exposition center in NJ) as you see, a venerable shitload of hotels....I am not worried about a room shortage for this fest

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/hotels_motels/hotels/us-nj-parsippany.html#trafficLogID=579021178&refererPageID=40&loadStart=1266192009228&visited=true&clickingLogId=70989789

Parsippany listings.....around the same distance as the secaucus listing give or take....... stick to the ones along rt46 to make your drive to my house easy

anyone still think lodging is gonna be tight? :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Looking foward to seeing you to Joe. Planning a trip up late march I plan on stopping for a visit on the way up.

Awesome Dave. You know the door is always open Bro.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    oh come on, the melt down was entertaining

I'm with Russ, the banter was very entertaining.
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2010
    neurotic, but entertaining...LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    ohskigod wrote: »
    neurotic, but entertaining...LOL

Better than psychotic!!!:D:eek:
  • Fireman32
    edited February 2010
    Let me say having been to many parties at Lous place I am sure that nobody will be dissapointed. There have been legendary parties at his casa and I am sure PF2010 will be the same.

Man I am already pumped up for this!!!!!!!!!
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2010
    ***********************DATE***************************

Weekend of 10/1, 10/2

will follow the same format of fests past, Friday and Saturday will be the days of the fest, Sunday is wind down and go home.

if a Mod can chuck this on the top of the thread that would be great, I forgot we can't edit.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -