hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sweet tittie! See you there... :D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How bout it Tom? I'm ridin' shotgun!
  • treitz3
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That'll work, unless you'd rather fly in? I'm game either way.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Ah, have the fun is the drive to and fro.;)

When Mike, Jesse and me went to Ted's Polkfest I don't think we ever laughed so hard for so long!
  • treitz3
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I laugh every time I look at Lightman. Hell, I'd bust a gut with him riding shotgun!
  • lightman1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Flying is good. Because your farts smell REALLY nasty!
    No way I'll be hemmed up in a truck for 10-12 hours with that!
  • treitz3
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So you'll sit next to me and hold hands on the plane sweetheart? I'll be sure to stock up on plenty of my love perfume for you and the passengers...
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2010
    Options
    just think of the two of you joining the mile high club
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So you'll sit next to me and hold hands on the plane sweetheart? I'll be sure to stock up on plenty of my love perfume for you and the passengers...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • lightman1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    just think of the two of you joining the mile high club
    ......You wanna join in?;)
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No I wanna stay out! :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2010
    Options
    WERD!!

I'd say that Lou's place is a pretty ideal location....I, for one, can't WAIT!!

I'm going to rub my dingus on my (former) AR9's. Damn, I want those things back.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • lightman1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    No I wanna stay out! :)
    AWWW c'mon Steve! PLEEEEEASE!
  • treitz3
    edited February 2010
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    I'm going to rub my dingus on my (former) AR9's.
    Ah, did not know that these will be there....always wanted to get my ear on a pair. Sweet!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes, I sold them to Lou to fund getting into my Quad obsession......

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ohskigod wrote: »
    ***********************DATE***************************

Weekend of 10/1, 10/2

will follow the same format of fests past, Friday and Saturday will be the days of the fest, Sunday is wind down and go home.

if a Mod can chuck this on the top of the thread that would be great, I forgot we can't edit.

My suggestion would be a new thread that we'll lock down after you get some more information on logistics. I know John wants to cry about that but EVERY Polkfest always ends up with the same questions that are usually answered by reading the gathering thread that was stickied.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My GF's 21st b-day is Sunday the 3rd. I'll still be there for one or both days, but I might have to scoot out Saturday evening to get back in time to go out for more festivities.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ohskigod wrote: »
    bring it along, your gear will be safe.......at least from burning liquids :)

I've been getting a burning sensation when I whiz, but I'm thinking you mean fire;)
  • Fireman32
    edited February 2010
    Options
    amulford wrote: »
    I've been getting a burning sensation when I whiz, but I'm thinking you mean fire;)

Have you been hanging around with Lightman?
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited February 2010
    Options
    nadams wrote: »
    My GF's 21st b-day is Sunday the 3rd. I'll still be there for one or both days, but I might have to scoot out Saturday evening to get back in time to go out for more festivities.

I'd think she'd be disappointed and possibly offended if you didn't bring her along.

Bring her along and you can count on her being offended.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2010
    Options
    :D Lou hit me with any needs, not like you have not been to what FIVE of these already, yea not your first rodeo for sure man and you have been my Jersey gear connection.

So, have you designated the speedo model competition time?? gotta say I look pretty smoking with the package work I had.

.........hehehehehe, those 9's are some awesome speaks, even crap gear from new york with bjork playing will have a tough time making a wall of bad sound with them. but just in case someone has to bring it I will supply inner ear protection for bleed protection.

The host will set the show and the gear needed, they have always asked for any help, via pm. This way the host can keep a handle on what gear they have and keep the polkies from blowing things up.........well, errrrrrrr.......at least if something gets blowin up the HOST might have the volume remote in hand...........hehehehe, love ya BDT.....beware the WTO disc at 120 db.

So although its a ways off, its Polkfest, its fun and its going to be great.

Lou think you might post a couple pics of the Mrs.............................cant wait to get to your place :D

RT1
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Boooo.... i'm supposed to be in Gainesville that weekend. :(
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I know we are far off, and I know some have ponderred what type of gear we might need.

We got room for lots, as we will have 3 rigs going barring freak circumstance....though I just had a thought. One of the rigs will be a ltitle tight on room, thus it will be the "bookshelf" rig, powered by the Anthem gear listed in my sig.

right now the Rogers are still hooked up, but if others brought some bookshelf speakers that would be great, just wanted to throw it out there. at least they are pretty easy to transport.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oct 1-2nd may be possible for me as well. I'd love to attend one of these and I have a house to sell in Pa. bordering N.J. so I'd be able to drive over to N.J. once or twice. My sister has a B-day on Oct 2nd up in Scranton, Pa. and I could see her on the way back to New England.

Sounds good to me....as I'm back in the U.S. from China end of summer 2010. Hope to see you'all!

I spent a lot of my youthful summers at the Jersey shore...ooops...should I have said that?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sounds like another great blast.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Fireman32
    edited February 2010
    Options
    janmike wrote: »
    Sounds like another great blast.

So does this mean you are going to come out for this?
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    So does this mean you are going to come out for this?

We will see. It is a very expensive trip for me, but the one at Ted's was a hoot.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°