2010 Polkfest, rockin dirty Jersey!!

ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,500
The wheels are a churnin. do not have a solid date yet, but I am aiming for late Sept/early October.....keep the calendars clear around that time.

it's a little earlier than usual since it can get a little cold up here and want the option to hang outside if needed.

Jersey Locals, lets see what kind of gear we can bring. I still wanna do the Emotiva vs Carver 4.0 showdown :D

preliminarily, there will be a home theater area, a 2 channel area, and a smaller 2 channel area for bookshelves speaks and stuff.

stay tuned for more info
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• acsubie
    acsubie Posts: 773
    edited February 2010
    I'd be down as it would just be a short ride on the parkway for me! And I'd be willing to bring along my Emotiva MPS amp for a comparision, that is if its still around
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2010
    Can't wait!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2010
    I'll be joining the wagon train from the south.:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2010
    acsubie wrote: »
    I'd be down as it would just be a short ride on the parkway for me! And I'd be willing to bring along my Emotiva MPS amp for a comparision, that is if its still around

sweet, despite some threats that we burn Emotiva's at Polkfest, I will assure it's safety with my 300 lb insurance plan :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2010
    You better get some logistical information posted up here asap Lou.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited February 2010
    I'll be joining the wagon train from the south.:)
    Pick me up along the way George. I'll chip in for gas and grub!
    Lou rocks the house!
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited February 2010
    Date/time?

I will try to be there!!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited February 2010
    dorokusai wrote: »
    You better get some logistical information posted up here asap Lou.

People who aren't coming shouldn't be allowed to clutter up the threads. :p

As far as logistics, there is a multitude of hotels within 30 minutes of Lou's place. Lots of big names, plenty of partner hotels to use points and miles at as well.

I will say that most of the free space at Lou's is already spoken for by the "help".
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2010
    I plan to make it this year. We need a date ASAP to block the weekend!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited February 2010
    ricardo wrote: »
    i plan to make it this year. We need a date asap to block the weekend!!

+1...
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited February 2010
    I think I'm gonna start heading down there now...it's only like 7-8 months away...lol
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2010
    dont panic guys, we will have a solid date no later than the end of the month, gotta figure out the best weekend for the wifey as she will be visiting her Dad that weekend (she loves company, but not a fan of loud music)

as fat as hotel, thats the easy part, there is a sh*tload around here as this is the NY metro area.

Closest is the Holiday Inn on Rt 46 in Totowa. (believe me, this is ideal)

it is no more than 2 minutes by car if you drive like a girl.......hell, it's walkable if it wasn't for some busy roads. very easy for me to ferry drunk folk there in a pinch........i say this because this is not a place you want to drive even with a mild buzz.

There are other hotels on RT23 north in Wayne NJ that are very close drive wise.....I'll get names up here. believe me, you can book a day in advance and you're getting a room somewhere.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2010
    Just an FYI.....there are many members here that are planning on attending Carverfest in the mountains of North Carolina. That event is scheduled for September 10th through the 21st.

I have all intentions on making it up this year provided it's not during the dates aforementioned. Might even bring a few goodies with me.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2010
    Ted, you flying bud, or are we the other southern wagon train?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2010
    In

Nice Karma.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2010
    I'm there! Maybe me and some of the MD fellas could car pool. I'll talk to Jesse. How about you Scott?

Hey maybe we can finally get Phil Pearsall to go since he's only probably an hour away.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2010
    in

nice karma.

lol!
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited February 2010
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Just an FYI.....there are many members here that are planning on attending Carverfest in the mountains of North Carolina. That event is scheduled for September 10th through the 21st.

I have all intentions on making it up this year provided it's not during the dates aforementioned. Might even bring a few goodies with me.

Same here.

Exams are usually around that time (September 10th through the 1st) for me, so as long as it doesn't fall on a weekend before a Midterm I will be there.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    Many members? L O L, don't you mean like 2?

Please schedule it during Carverfest...or Lamefest...or the wanna-be Polkfest.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2010
    F1nut, George Daniels, Jerry12, Beemers, Thuffman, Eddie the knife [or whatever his handle is on here], Engtaz, Weitrhino, DaveS and myself will be there off the top of my head. There are more but they are slipping my mind right now. Hell, RT1 was even hinting on going this year, possibly BDT as well.

That's a little more than two and I'd appreciate it if you'd show a little respect. As for the Polkfest wanna-be comment? The two are completely different animals and I have no desire to go head to head with you on such a ridiculous statement. You dig?

Think before you open your flap. ;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    Whatever douchebag and screw your "event". You'll get respect for Carverfest when Bob shovels my driveway. Let's go toe to toe in private and I'll give you a few years to catch up.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2010
    Way to screw up an "official" Polkfest thread there, Scooter.

I refuse to communicate with a child. I really do. Lou, that was just an FYI there bro'. ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    Pot, kettle, black? I'm so sorry I crapped on your "Carverfest" segway Treitz let me go take a crap in my toilet and think about it.

Anyways, back to your scheduled programming for real "stickied" events.
  • Jstas
    edited February 2010
    Why is Carverfest such a big deal?

If ya can't make Polkfest, don't go. It's really as simple as that. I have only made 3 of them I think it is. Maybe just 2. I had my reasons and I didn't come up with cockamamey reasons why scheduling should have to be shifted for everyone else just to fit my agenda.

Lou should be setting a date that works for him. If I want to go, I'll work my schedule around it. If I can't make, oh, so sad, that's too bad, catch ya on the flip side broham. And it's done. It honestly is that simple.

• dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    It isn't.

It's 2 John, since you're not ppl friendly. The dates and logistics should be setup soon to allow folks some planning time. A couple suggestions as to what is nearby and what towns are around don't cut it Lou. Get organized man, and we'll get it setup properly. This is just a hello thread.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2010
    John, with no date setup I was just informing Lou of an event that many members here have already planned on or in some cases are considering attending. Nothing more, nothing less.

My post was just an FYI, that's all. ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    I digress....I know some members are Carver fans and while I think the product sucks and the event even more....we all put forth time and effort to support these type of functions. Often with no fanfare, personal expense and no love... ;)

The simple act of taking time off work and bringing the fruits of your labor to these events isn't cheap or non-invasive and often requires miles of travel. We're all slaves to the machine and I respect the effort and commitment in hindsight beings I've hosted one as well.

If it can be dated for everyone to attend, including the Bob Carver ball snugglers, that would benefit both events and allow participants from both teams to enjoy each event. That being said, I don't imagine it not going on without them and I'll hand out kleenex at the door.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2010
    everyone have a good time.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Jstas
    edited February 2010
    dorokusai wrote: »
    It isn't.

It's 2 John, since you're not ppl friendly. The dates and logistics should be setup soon to allow folks some planning time. A couple suggestions as to what is nearby and what towns are around don't cut it Lou. Get organized man, and we'll get it setup properly. This is just a hello thread.

Just because I hate most people doesn't mean that was my sole reason. Things like launching missiles in to space and even nuptials get in the way. But I wasn't gonna **** about it.

Hotel info for the Holiday Inn Lou is talking about:
    Holiday Inn
    TOTOWA WAYNE

#1 ROUTE 46 WESTBOUND
    TOTOWA, NJ 07512 UNITED STATES

For Reservations:
    1 877 863 4780

Rates start at about $105 a night. Once Lou sets a date, we might be able to get a group rate there. It honestly is the best place to stay, you can throw rocks at Lou's house if your balcony is on the correct side of the building.

As far as other ones, there are about 28 different hotels within 10 miles. Everything from La Quinta to Marriot and that doesn't include the Notel Motels.

You can find many rates here: http://www.new-jersey-hotels.org/cities/Totowa/?source=1081~G~hotel-in-Totowa-New-Jersey-Broad&gclid=CNzW57KS8Z8CFc8N5QodVkdCeA

There's a Ramada in Wayne that's real cheap. Wayne is the next town over. And by next town I mean an NJ next town over where you drive 5 blocks and pass the Wayne municipal building and wonder how that happened because you didn't even see a sign saying "Wayne, NJ Welcomes You".

People will be able to find a room. Even if they show up Friday night, drunk as a skunk and tell them they need a room.

• dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    When you and your boyfriend get something more "easy to look at" setup, we should make it a formal thread no? Kinda like the other Polkfests' maybe?