Crazy lady and I need help. Please!

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2009
    Brett, you should go over there and take care of her for Tom. If you can't scare her, I don't think anyone can. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Face
    edited September 2009
    Willow wrote: »
    does she go out and check the mail? if she does send her a letter from the HOA stating they are going to call Animal control as the animal is being mistreated due to the living conditions. Urine and filth not to mention the noise
    Mail fraud is a federal offense.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited September 2009
    Face wrote: »

OP has been working with the HOA...
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited September 2009
    Sounds like this woman is mentally ill and is receiving minimal, if any professional support. Since there is a noted mental disability, you will not get much (if any)information on her, such as her current diagnosis, meds, supports, etc.

Based on the info in the thread: rarely leaves house (how does she get food, etc.), screaming, never answers the door, cops rarely go in the house, family rarely visits, few if any observed visits from a social worker-case worker, etc., you could try your local adult protective services and report a possible neglect claim. Give them a call and describe what you see and feel and your concern for her health and well-being.

http://www.ncdhhs.gov/aging/ombud/ombabuse.htm
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • everpress
    everpress Posts: 862
    edited September 2009
    madmax wrote: »
    Set up a pa system, set up a tape loop which replays a second or two later everything it records, aim the speaker at the house and turn it up. I've been thinking about doing this for a barking dog. Should freak her out if she can hear it. :)

Does she see birds too?

Actually, she can't really complain then that you play music loud, could be a good thing.

I like this idea, except record her voice and play it back at the same level in the direction of her house. If she's really crazy, imagine how weirded out she'll be when she hears her own voice blaring at her about some **** she was ranting about a few minutes ago....

? Harmon Kardon AVR 55 (dead; replacing with Onkyo TX NR-616)
    ? Polk RTA 11TL's (FR and FL)
    ? Polk TSi200's (RR and RL)
    ? Polk CS10 (Center)
    ? Polk PSW-350
    ? Grado SR-60i Headphones
    ? Fii0 E5 headphone amp
    ? iPod touch (8 gig)
    ? iPod Classic (80 gig)
    ? Mac Mini (as media server)
    ? xbox 360

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited September 2009
    OP has been working with the HOA...

Not only is the OP working with, he is also VP of the HOA. So it's not fraud.
  • Face
    edited September 2009
    Sorry, I should have re-read the thread. Regardless, it sounds like he's SOL.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited September 2009
    Sorry, I should have re-read the thread. Regardless, it sounds like he's SOL.

I think so as well. Sorry OP.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited September 2009
    brettw22 wrote: »
    If y'all are bitching about it 9 months later and haven't done anything to get it resolved, that's ridiculous..........
    No, what's ridiculous is that we are very limited in what we can do. Both as a board and as homeowners. The latest plan of attack is documenting [all of the neighbors] when she has her little fits and what she is talking about. Every time. When it gets incredibly loud, angry and obnoxious , we will videotape and record the rant, noting the time and date. We will also be recording the db levels.

We will obtain a printout and 3 separate case #'s of all of the times officers have been out [well over 80 times, so many I don't keep track anymore] and this will show that it's an ongoing problem.

Next, we have to go as a community and present all of this to a judge. If, and I do mean "if", the judge agrees that we have a case then he will issue a summons for her to appear in court. If she doesn't show up, then they have the right to issue a warrant for her arrest. She might want to answer the door at that point.

Now, here's the kicker. Since she has a court recognized mental disorder, the judge [may be a different judge] has the right to throw it out. At that point we are back to square one.

You got a suggestion to what we can legally do? I'm all ears. As a board, we can't do anything because her mom is current on all her bills. The captain of the police force says that his hands are tied and that the officers have no rights to anything but knock on the door......even when she's on one of her anger rants with 5 cop cars and 6 officers at 3 in the morning. We can not or have not been able to get her mental case workers information and we can not prove animal abuse. For some reason, the law says that we can't shoot her either. So, what would you do?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2009
    treitz3 wrote:
    So, what would you do?

Move. F the economy, job, etc... Life is simply too short to put up with crap you can do nothing about.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited September 2009
    treitz3 wrote: »
    You got a suggestion to what we can legally do? I'm all ears.

We can not or have not been able to get her mental case workers information and we can not prove animal abuse

Honestly, if the family will not talk, try calling APS as I noted in post #65 in this thread;)

If she has a disability, you will not have access to her mental disability info/services..only her legal guardian/parent has that privilege.
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • everpress
    everpress Posts: 862
    edited September 2009
    No, what's ridiculous is that we are very limited in what we can do. Both as a board and as homeowners. The latest plan of attack is documenting [all of the neighbors] when she has her little fits and what she is talking about. Every time. When it gets incredibly loud, angry and obnoxious , we will videotape and record the rant, noting the time and date. We will also be recording the db levels.

We will obtain a printout and 3 separate case #'s of all of the times officers have been out [well over 80 times, so many I don't keep track anymore] and this will show that it's an ongoing problem.

Next, we have to go as a community and present all of this to a judge. If, and I do mean "if", the judge agrees that we have a case then he will issue a summons for her to appear in court. If she doesn't show up, then they have the right to issue a warrant for her arrest. She might want to answer the door at that point.

Now, here's the kicker. Since she has a court recognized mental disorder, the judge [may be a different judge] has the right to throw it out. At that point we are back to square one.

You got a suggestion to what we can legally do? I'm all ears. As a board, we can't do anything because her mom is current on all her bills. The captain of the police force says that his hands are tied and that the officers have no rights to anything but knock on the door......even when she's on one of her anger rants with 5 cop cars and 6 officers at 3 in the morning. We can not or have not been able to get her mental case workers information and we can not prove animal abuse. For some reason, the law says that we can't shoot her either. So, what would you do?

There has to be something. Mental disability or not she's not within the law if she is causing disturbances. Mental disability is not above the law. If there isn't anything that can be done criminally, perhaps a civil suit is in order.
    I'm sure that you could pool the HOA together for some kind of wrong doing on her part or the part of her mother/caretaker. If not, I bet you can get someone there to, with just and rightful cause, sue for mental anguish.
    No one signed up to live next to a mental institution, I'm sure parents don't feel safe with that behavior/language around their children, and it could very well be driving the value of property in that neighborhood down.

? Harmon Kardon AVR 55 (dead; replacing with Onkyo TX NR-616)
    ? Polk RTA 11TL's (FR and FL)
    ? Polk TSi200's (RR and RL)
    ? Polk CS10 (Center)
    ? Polk PSW-350
    ? Grado SR-60i Headphones
    ? Fii0 E5 headphone amp
    ? iPod touch (8 gig)
    ? iPod Classic (80 gig)
    ? Mac Mini (as media server)
    ? xbox 360

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2009
    You've got a HOA... aren't you supposed to be able to kick people out of their houses for leaving their hose on too long?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Face
    edited September 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    You've got a HOA... aren't you supposed to be able to kick people out of their houses for leaving their hose on too long?
    I know, right. These are the same people who complain if your Christmas lights are up a week too long.
  • CTTE
    CTTE Posts: 183
    edited September 2009
    Mike682 wrote: »
    Sounds like this woman is mentally ill and is receiving minimal, if any professional support. Since there is a noted mental disability, you will not get much (if any)information on her, such as her current diagnosis, meds, supports, etc.

Based on the info in the thread: rarely leaves house (how does she get food, etc.), screaming, never answers the door, cops rarely go in the house, family rarely visits, few if any observed visits from a social worker-case worker, etc., you could try your local adult protective services and report a possible neglect claim. Give them a call and describe what you see and feel and your concern for her health and well-being.

http://www.ncdhhs.gov/aging/ombud/ombabuse.htm

Mike682 has your answer.

I've dealt with a similar situation. After trying for months to take care of the problem through other options, a call to Adult Protective Services got it resolved.
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited September 2009
    I feel for you Tom. If it's any consolation, I'd GLADLY trade my ex to have your b*tch next door...
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited September 2009
    Adult Protective SErvices! Best answer yet!
  • treitz3
    edited November 2009
    She finally got hauled off tonight. After 5 to 7 cop cars got here and a lot of discussion and door banging [4 hours worth], she got hauled off. That doesn't mean that in the AM she'll still be gone, but that's twice now that she got the "Go to jail card". That's more progress than we have seen in a LONG time.

Tonight was the first night we found out her mother's phone number. Tonight was the first night her mom came out and pleaded for her to come out........"that they were not going to harm her"...according to her mom. I have a feeling this will be the last time this will happen.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2009
    The woman isn't in her right mind, sad too see I actually feel for her. And of cause feel for her neighbors, those people need to be someone outside of main stream life.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• sTiLlLeArNiNg
    sTiLlLeArNiNg Posts: 805
    edited November 2009
    Hopefully they wil get this woman the help she need's so that she can stop causing problem's for your neighbourhood
    Media Room 7.1
    Sharp lc37d64u | Sanus vmsab-03 | Sonax ZX8680 | Yamaha htr-6290b | Emotiva xpa1 x 2 & xpa5 | RTiA 9 & 7 | CSiA 6 | FXiA 6 | Sanus NF30B-03 | Velodyne dls-3750r | Dual 505-3 m97xe | Monster avs2000/hts5100

HTPC
    Intel e5300 | Asus p5q DLX | LG ch08 BD | OCZ 4g reaper2 | WD 1TB | Sapphire 4890 VaporX 1g | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 | OCZ modXtreme 700w | Antec Fusion remote MAX

A fool and his money are easily parted
    I don't drink Koolaid

Need some cable's? Just ask :)
  • Face
    edited November 2009
    Is she home yet?
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited November 2009
    Quickly paint the front of the house and change the number. . . ask her how the move was.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited November 2009
    All I can think of is move lol
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    edited November 2009
    Dig a hole / trap in her front yard while she is gone, cover with a tarp and then leaves and grass, then place a replica / stuffed animal that looks like her little dog on top. I think you get the idea....
  • treitz3
    edited November 2009
    Is she home yet?
    Surprisingly, no. Not yet. The neighborhood is actually quiet.
  • apphd
    apphd Posts: 1,514
    edited November 2009
    Enjoy it, and hope it lasts. Too bad it came to this, but probably better for her in the long run, and better for you and your neighbors all the way around.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2009
    quickly paint the front of the house and change the number. . . Ask her how the move was.

lol:)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited November 2009
    She's probably locked up in a crisis unit while mental health practitioners try to work with her about what's going on. If she's really that messed up, she'll get carted off to a long-term facility. Especially if her parent has put her in there. But if this isn't the first time this has happened, the state has likely mandated evaluation and her release is pending the outcome of that evaluation.

If further treatment is recommended, she will not be released on her own and she will either have to go live with a parent or some designated guardian until her prescribed treatment period is up or, if no guardian is available, she will become a ward of the state and carted off to the state hospital for her treatment.

Then again, just because her treatment period is up doesn't mean she will be released. That depends on what the doctors say.

If she comes back and is unattended then somebody needs to do something about getting her the help she needs. Who, I dunno but it's clear she isn't well and the system has failed her.

And yes, most states operate that way when dealing with people who are mentally ill. Don't ask me how I know, just understand that my experience is in depth.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • treitz3
    edited November 2009
    Well, I have her mom's phone number now. The next time the cops hit the property, I will have them call her again as this is the most action I've seen in years. Apparently, she is only about 10 minutes away. She [crazy lady] is still not back as of late.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited November 2009
    Well, I have her mom's phone number now. The next time the cops hit the property, I will have them call her again as this is the most action I've seen in years. Apparently, she is only about 10 minutes away. She [crazy lady] is still not back as of late.

That's the best approach because her mother will have access to medical records that the cops are not allowed to have access to without a search warrant. And even then, they will have to jump through some serious hoops because of the HIPAA laws.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!