Crazy lady and I need help. Please!

Options

Comments

• John30_30
    John30_30 Posts: 1,024
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I guess you don't want to try the white noise?

Maybe you can get a lawyer to file something creative against the mother, who must be the custodial relative?
    In which case, She's the one responsible, as you point out, so maybe she could also be found legally responsible for emotional distress, pain, etc, etc..
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Sorry nothing easy here, just try to make her life hard she will leave.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BeRad
    BeRad Posts: 736
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Blast the volume on a good war movie all day long. Get a bunch of neighbors to do it. Lots of gunshots, lots of explosions. Do whatever you can to just scare the shat out of her. Maybe she'll just hit the deck and shut the f up.

Failing that... well... no body: no crim... ohh you said legal. :(

I hope you are able to figure this one out. Quite the pickle you got there.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    edited January 2009
    Options
    John30_30 wrote: »
    I guess you don't want to try the white noise?
    How could that work with her? She has to hit close to 110 or so decibels to hear her from so far away with all of her doors and windows shut and I see that it only attenuates 48db. Plus, I have reservations that it would even work period. Maybe it's because I don't understand it but I still have reservations about it working effectively.

Something creative that gets at the mother? Now that's an angle that seems possible. I'll have to look into that. Good thinking. ;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited January 2009
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Something creative that gets at the mother? Now that's an angle that seems possible. I'll have to look into that. Good thinking. ;)

For you Tom, I'll take a poke at her Mom and see if she'll sign everything over to me.:cool:
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Try stinky stuff. Toss roadkill on her lawn in the AM hours:D Maybe instead of loud noises you could try whispering voices?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Try stinky stuff.
    We are actually looking into that. I don't know how effective it would be because the last time she answered the door when I knocked a couple of months back, I reared back from the pungent smell of dog piss. It was absolutely disgusting!

She has only lived there for three years and the walls look like they haven't had a paint job in 35 years. It's incomprehensible how, even with a mental disorder, people could live like that. Poor dog. :(
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited January 2009
    Options
    We are actually looking into that. I don't know how effective it would be because the last time she answered the door when I knocked a couple of months back, I reared back from the pungent smell of dog piss. It was absolutely disgusting!

She has only lived there for three years and the walls look like they haven't had a paint job in 35 years. It's incomprehensible how, even with a mental disorder, people could live like that. Poor dog. :(

remind me not to move to charolette NC :D

man, its tough for u, i feel sorry for ur stress!! :( Its good thing im deaf! :D
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • lunazul
    lunazul Posts: 780
    edited January 2009
    Options

How about the heath dept.? If it is really nasty and these units are connected, isn't that an issue for adjoining units?
    Call them about a strange odor coming from a neighbor's home and you haven't seen her in a while.
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited January 2009
    Options
    How does she get away with living by herself ???? That's what i don't understand.... Her damn family are the one's you should be lookin up. Next time her mother or anyone else comes by, get their license plate # & you can find out where they live & start bugging them about it. I'm willing to bet, it wouldn't be the first time someone came knocking on their door because of this exact problem.

Gotta be some reason she is not living with family. CAUSE THEY DON'T WANNA DEAL WITH HER. So they make other ppl have to deal with it.

Wonder if there is some way to find out where she moved from ??? If so, the neighbors there might have the answer.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lunazul wrote: »
    How about the heath dept.? If it is really nasty and these units are connected, isn't that an issue for adjoining units?
    Call them about a strange odor coming from a neighbor's home and you haven't seen her in a while.

That's a good Idea. Pretend you are concerned for her,and the dog:) Call PETA:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited January 2009
    Options
    piss her off more with dog situation and itll might teach her shut the F up!
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • treitz3
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lunazul wrote: »
    Would the health department come or would they send the police / fire department? CaligulaPolk, trust me, this lady is NOT a normal resident of Charlotte. I have painted 6 or 7 of my neighbors houses and they all have spotless houses, they are quiet and live successful, normal lives. This lady is just out there. WAY out there. I just went out to smoke and she's over there talking about some dude who called her crazy today. Apparently she is upset that someone would say that. Of course, she's denying that she's crazy and she's questioning why someone would say such a thing.

I have to admit, sometimes this lady is a freakin' trip. Especially when she carries on a one-way conversation with her dog. She talks to it like it's a person. Very sad.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    That's a good I dea. Pretend you are concerned for her,and the dog:) Call PETA:D
    Animal Control. ;)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Bose noise cancelling headphones for you? Feed her sumthin that takes away her voice?

Who owns the house? perhaps you can contact them. Or maybe have the public health people do a check and have the house condemmed as uninhabitable?.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2009
    Options

oh there is a possibility. call the local human shelter and tell them her dog is in danger because she can't care for it herself and the last time you were there her entire house smelled of strong dog urine or ****. and let them know that she may have other pets inside that need medical attention. the local humane shelter her is very aggressive when it comes to pet hoarding or any kind of mistreatment of pets.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • John30_30
    edited January 2009
    Options
    How could that work with her? She has to hit close to 110 or so decibels to hear her from so far away with all of her doors and windows shut and I see that it only attenuates 48db. Plus, I have reservations that it would even work period. Maybe it's because I don't understand it but I still have reservations about it working effectively.

Keep in mind that it's possible the mother and daughter have been down this road before, and that if you choose to go legal, it becomes hardball. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on forums, but I'd really give it a hard think. Even if there are homeowners community laws and she is clearly breaking them, you and your neighbors can be sued. The possibility of a lawsuit by someone who is legally handicapped is probably terrifying the police, and it should you too.

Imagine what a hard lawyer could do with it alleging discrimination? Have you all ever invited her to a cookout? Even slipping a letter under her door for some social get-together like that? I sure as hell would.

I'd also have an audio expert record samples from around the neighborhood.

But first, I'd look at the white noise solution, I'd be calling those people up and bugging the heck out of them. Way preferable to going legal.

Just my 2 cents.
  • John30_30
    edited January 2009
    Options
    bump-

The word I was looking for was "exposure", as in you and your neighbors. \

Also, I'd think real hard about that look the mother gave you and everything it signified.

Good luck.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited January 2009
    Options
    TNRabbit wrote: »
    OR...perhaps to join you & your wife in a threesome?

NOOOO! She sounds like a "boil your rabbit" kind of girl!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2009
    Options
    blast ultra low frencys at her hous of the sub sonic range
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2009
    Options
    goingganzo wrote: »
    blast ultra low frencys at her hous of the sub sonic range

Then run around screaming "Earthquake, Earthquake!" :D
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • 4406bbl
    4406bbl Posts: 194
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Buy the townhouse next to her and rent it to some even lower life scumbags. I feel for ya,we had a mental case move in once,same story as yours only 4 dogs and what a pig, luckily I rented a building I owned next door to her to some Lomas gangbangers and they drove her off, cops finally busted the bangers and it is peaceful again, it works. I had a steel plate in front of my house while this was going on in case a shooting broke out,what a nightmare.
  • Face
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease. As mentioned before, call(annoy) as many others as often as possible until the situation is resolved.

Maybe a trip to the sanitarium for a few days might get her on the right meds. A few days in county would also have her acting sane in a short period of time.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • 4406bbl
    4406bbl Posts: 194
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease. As mentioned before, call(annoy) as many others as often as possible until the situation is resolved.

Maybe a trip to the sanitarium for a few days might get her on the right meds. A few days in county would also have her acting sane in a short period of time.

Trouble is they bring em back,they go off the meds and you are right back to square one. They should not be allowed to put people like that anywhere near normal people. The one we had would go nuts at night,threaten people,then seven cop cars and the white coats would show up,while you get no sleep. You will be in the looney bin if you play that game.
  • treitz3
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The lady is still going at it..........I can hear her inside my house right now. That's two walls, about 100'+ feet on top of ambient sounds. Damn, I hate that woman. So do my neighbors. Grrrrrr.
  • sTiLlLeArNiNg
    sTiLlLeArNiNg Posts: 805
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lit brown bag with **** in it on fire and ring the doorbell! Hahaha

+1 :d
    Media Room 7.1
    Sharp lc37d64u | Sanus vmsab-03 | Sonax ZX8680 | Yamaha htr-6290b | Emotiva xpa1 x 2 & xpa5 | RTiA 9 & 7 | CSiA 6 | FXiA 6 | Sanus NF30B-03 | Velodyne dls-3750r | Dual 505-3 m97xe | Monster avs2000/hts5100

HTPC
    Intel e5300 | Asus p5q DLX | LG ch08 BD | OCZ 4g reaper2 | WD 1TB | Sapphire 4890 VaporX 1g | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 | OCZ modXtreme 700w | Antec Fusion remote MAX

A fool and his money are easily parted
    I don't drink Koolaid

Need some cable's? Just ask :)
  • Face
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Face wrote: »

I still stand by this. It may take a few trips, but it will work eventually.
  • xj4094dg
    xj4094dg Posts: 1,158
    edited September 2009
    Options
    madmax wrote: »
    Set up a pa system, set up a tape loop which replays a second or two later everything it records, aim the speaker at the house and turn it up. I've been thinking about doing this for a barking dog.

My God man! What a great idea! I have a couple of Sheps next door that wake me up every day. They sometimes sound like they are in my bedroom.
    This might be fun to try.....:cool: Of course, I'll be using digital recording devices and playback on the Polks.;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." Neil deGrasse Tyson.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If y'all are bitching about it 9 months later and haven't done anything to get it resolved, that's ridiculous..........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,879
    edited September 2009
    Options
    does she go out and check the mail? if she does send her a letter from the HOA stating they are going to call Animal control as the animal is being mistreated due to the living conditions. Urine and filth not to mention the noise