Options
124»

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hey Tom,

are you sure the woman in question owns that joint and not the Mom? I remember you saying that the mom is current on all the bills.

Ownership records are usually public, mental disorder or not. if you are not 100% sure who owns that townhouse, get to 100%......fast
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I was going to say put saranrap across her door so that when when she walks in she'll get tangled in it and be stuck outside and get hauled off again, jk thats mean and horrible idea.
    anways, because of her mental illness issues it is hard to do anything legally. the only other option i would say like you said is go before the courts and file a complaint that she is not able to live in society without disturbing others, and that it causes lack of sleep and affects your daily life so that no one can be able to go about their daily life in a normal functioning manor. If you can PROVE that it does affect your work, sleep, family enviroment, ect then the judge will typically, not always because it depends on the judge, will see that she would need to at least have someone at the home with her, and monitor her because then she would be have to quite at least when that person is there. If that person would say fail to show up, then it would be an issue of abuse because they are failing to provide her care, and could then move her into a home that would have someone care for her all the time.
    otherwise too the judge could say that because she is clearly not able to live in society and comingle with others, then she would have to either have to live in a home where she can be watched, ect, or move to an area that is not so close to others, like her own house ect.
    Or you could just go to the doctor and be diagnosed with a "mental illness" as well and then just blast music at her 24-7. so that way if she would complain they can't do anythign to you, you have a disorder. Jk again, i knew someone that did this, except it didn't turn out so well.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    edited March 2011
    Options
    OK, here we are years later. She's still here and after the third arrest, she disappeared for 6 months or so. Unfortunately, she's been back for about three months as loud and abnoxious as ever.

Her mom paid for the house from what I understand and bills are still current.
    The HOA has done/can't do jack and I want nothing to do with it [HOA] anymore. Waste of time.
    The parents have been denied [via her, over 18] access to medical records.
    House is legally in her name.
    Dog is gone after the 3rd arrest.
    Mental health agencies aren't accepting new patients due to budget constraints.
    Hospitals and mental health facilities say she poses no threat to herself or others.
    Mike682 wrote:
    Sounds like this woman is mentally ill and is receiving minimal, if any professional support. Since there is a noted mental disability, you will not get much (if any)information on her, such as her current diagnosis, meds, supports, etc.

Based on the info in the thread: rarely leaves house (how does she get food, etc.), screaming, never answers the door, cops rarely go in the house, family rarely visits, few if any observed visits from a social worker-case worker, etc., you could try your local adult protective services and report a possible neglect claim. Give them a call and describe what you see and feel and your concern for her health and well-being.

http://www.ncdhhs.gov/aging/ombud/ombabuse.htm
    We will have to try this. This is the one angle besides what has been talked about via the phone or through a private message that we haven't tried yet. Thanks.

10-12 neighbors moving is not an option. Everybody would lose out due to the housing slump, on average of 15-20K per household. Besides, that would not solve the problem. The next group that would move in would have the same issues. The only issue is her.

Seriously, if anybody else has some suggestions? We're all ears.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    edited March 2011
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Dig a hole / trap in her front yard while she is gone, cover with a tarp and then leaves and grass, then place a replica / stuffed animal that looks like her little dog on top. I think you get the idea....

Im sticking with this. PM me where you live and I'll help you dig the hole.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I say document all complaints (if you havent done it already) and sue. will not solve the problem, but get a judgement and lien against her paid off home.

represent yourself pro se, just do the legal homework online. it's not like she sounds like she will mount much of a legal defense.

you wont get pafd on the judgement, until she inevitably sells th house (she can't live forever
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You need to activate active noise cancelation all around your house - that way when stuff gets near your house you wont hear it.

Seems simple enough.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me if enough neighbors are constantly calling the police about her then she is a public nuisance. If so that should be enough to get her arrested, and/or committed. Eccentric is one thing, but annoying crazy is quite another.

This is the CA definition.

In tort law, a type of wrong. A wrong arising from the unreasonable, improper, indecent, or unlawful use of property to the annoyance or damage of another, or the general public.

A private nuisance is an interference with a person's interest in the use and enjoyment of his land.

A public nuisance is an interference with the common right of the general public or an indefinite number of persons; an unreasonable interference with the health, safety, peace, or comfort of the community.

3479. Anything which is injurious to health, including, but not limited to, the illegal sale of controlled substances, or is indecent or offensive to the senses, or an obstruction to the free use of property, so as to interfere with the comfortable enjoyment of life or property, or unlawfully obstructs the free passage or use, in the customary manner, of any navigable lake, or river, bay, stream, canal, or basin, or any public park, square, street, or highway, is a nuisance.

(3480.) Section Thirty-four Hundred and Eighty. A public nuisance is one which affects at the same time an entire community or neighborhood, or any considerable number of persons, although the extent of the annoyance or damage inflicted upon individuals may be unequal.

http://www.techlawjournal.com/glossary/legal/nuisance.htm
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.