CC SELLING RT600i

Options
124»

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    It'll be o-k, Polk will handle up on em. New purchase, from authorized dealer, nothing to fear.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited April 2003
    Options
    UPS just dropped them off. On my way to pick up my new 1075.

Hell even the toddler is happy today!

Greg
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • stevew14
    stevew14 Posts: 130
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Russ,

I know, it just wasn't on my list of things to deal with. On the up side, CC offered me a twenty five dollar gift certificate (for my troubles) to be cashed in, spent in store or on line. I guess for the price minus the $25.00 I can handle it.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Awesome, nice to see CC stepping up like that too.

I knew I shoulda bagged a pair on principle alone.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,658
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Russ-
    May not be too late, I just ordered mine Tuesday. At that price you could probably Ebay them at a profit if you don't want 'em
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Got mine yesterday - very nice looking. Sound excellent - they replaced my rt25i's that are now rear surrounds. So I get much better bass now. The only problem I have fix today is every time I change sources or dsp's on my reciever I get a "popping" sound out of my left speaker.
    Anyone run into this before???
    I'll have to mess around with it today.
    *update on popping*
    Find the problem:
    I was using preout for mains to another reciever to power other house speakers. Did not work out. Using the zone 2 on my Onkyo and it works very well except it still leaves me with 2 more speakers needing to be powered. No biggie.
  • Alan M
    Alan M Posts: 9
    edited April 2003
    Options
    it's just past 4 o'clock here in phx, az. ups tracking says mine were scanned as arrived in phoenix @ 3:06pm but not scheduled for delivery until monday. I called ups to inquire about me picking them up today or tomorrow. Nope, gotta wait 'til monday.
  • ken brydson
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I feel your pain Alan. I don't get mine until TUESDAY!! A couple guys (ATC and ghisme) have posted mini reviews of theirs under "Speakers" "New Rotel 1075". They are RAVING about them. I can't freakin' wait!!
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I promise the wait will be worth it. Still can't believe I paid 200 bucks for sound this good.

By the way what is the record for responses on one thread. I think Alan was number 100!

Take note that Ken has already updated his equipment signature.
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • ken brydson
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Yeah, it's updated but I may need to change it and swap fronts and rears if these are as good as you guys say.
    $200 for damn near $800 worth of speaks-
    Sportin' wood, BIG TIME!!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by gshisme
    By the way what is the record for responses on one thread. I think Alan was number 100!

Long way off. If my post is #104 we are only 584 short of the record. Hell...We've got two threads in the HOS that have more posts.
    Originally posted by ken brydson
    Yeah, it's updated but I may need to change it and swap fronts and rears if these are as good as you guys say.

Ken, the RT600is are good speakers (especially for the price) but I'm not sure they will make better mains than your LS50's (this of course will depend on the condition of your speakers and the sound you prefer) . The LS50s are a very good speaker. I think the RT600is will make excellent surrounds in your system. And remember these two sets of speakers carried the same MSRP but were made 8 ± years apart. Play around with them and see which you like better as mains and enjoy the process.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Alan M
    it's just past 4 o'clock here in phx, az. ups tracking says mine were scanned as arrived in phoenix @ 3:06pm but not scheduled for delivery until monday. I called ups to inquire about me picking them up today or tomorrow. Nope, gotta wait 'til monday.

Alan.....

Call them and give them **** about waiting......I ran into the same thing last week, and drove my **** down and told them to have them ready. I got my package and swore off using UPS as long as I'm breathing. I can't stand those ****..........(My local office was at 31st Ave and Thomas, so I went pretty quick)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • ken brydson
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Shack-
    Thanks for the advice. That's kind of what I was thinking. My LS50's are in flawless condition. Had a bad driver in one but replaced it and all is well(that's how I got involved in the club).I thought the high mounted driver array in the RT600i's would make for a good surround.
    I will certainly be playing around with them
  • Alan M
    Alan M Posts: 9
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by brettw22

Call them and give them **** about waiting......I ran into the same thing last week, and drove my **** down and told them to have them ready. I got my package and swore off using UPS as long as I'm breathing. I can't stand those ****..........(My local office was at 31st Ave and Thomas, so I went pretty quick)

I called them 3 times from 3:15 to about 4:45 thinking I could get where ever the pickup station is by 5, but no luck. the final person I spoke with gave me the impression that the semi will be sitting until it gets 'processed' on monday. if ups lets their rigs sit over the weekend like that they'd have been out of business long ago. the same thing happened when my xbox got returned from repairs and airborne said 'it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow unless you want to pick it up today.' I should have time to harrass 'em tomorrow.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I have been listening to mine allday. Breaking them in and they sound great.
    Just checked CC for a friend and they totally removed the 600's from the sight.
    Wait till you guys see the wood grain on these puppies. Freaking nice!!!!!!
    Smoking price - the people that missed these are making excusses and are in denile. I would be!!!!!

And that other thread that beat this one is that "tired of being a mere polkie" or something like that was a sad excuss of a thread.
    I think MX got 300 on that one alone. Anyway - Jack and Rockstar tonight with UNO and my 600's blasting. LATER!!!!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,102
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Scott I posted there a mear 10 or so times. 300 my arse. Threads on this forum are nothing compared to forums like IMaddict. That get over 5,000 replys a thread at times. There are people who have over 20,000 posts there. It's insane man!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.