CC SELLING RT600i

Options

Comments

• dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Hey gshisme-
    Thanks a lot. Hate to ask this in middle of such a good thread, but what else are you considering for her?
    Mike
  • etrigan
    etrigan Posts: 160
    edited April 2003
    Options
    GS, how are they avail? when I try - it says out of stock for pick up or warehouse delivery - plz help:)

CHEERS ! jefff
    Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    You can't pick them up, they have to be shipped.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • etrigan
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Thx Russ! I know that-but when proceeding to checkout,it tells you out of stock for either option,so I called the 800 # and was told they are out of stock,even though on the site the "buy" button has not been replaced w/"sold out" (yet I guess)
    Oh well, you snooze you lose ;)

CHEERS ! jefff
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I ordered my second after another member experienced the out of stock thing but they have to be delivered.

Just tried again out of curiosity....There gone
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-it! I was just about to buy them :mad:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Wow, that went quick.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
    They probably are still available at certain stores. But I doubt many. I say this because there is one store I know of in Jersey that has them. Not sure of the exact location though. I did the favorite location to pick up thing on Circuit City's Website and checked on about 10 stores and one of them still had the Polks.
  • etrigan
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I called two of the nj stores and asked them to check stock at all of their nj stores, and both claimed they are all out of stock now.
    guess I'll give up now, and embark upon a new quest :rolleyes:

CHEERS ! jefff
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Sorry guys - ordered mine yesterday. I knew they were going to go fast.:eek:
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I'm looking at LSI's. Tired of the RT line, Im trying to make a decision, LSI 9 - or Def Tech Bookshelfs...*taps fingers on desk* I dunno, need to do research. I am going to buy that instead of a subwoofer.
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Sid,
    no need to spend too much time deciding, get the 9....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • ncw
    ncw Posts: 62
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by scottvamp
    Sorry guys - ordered mine yesterday. I knew they were going to go fast.:eek:

No problem here. I was not intending to buy them but I was glad I told everyone. That still leaves me with my system upgrade to 5.1 or 6.1 though.

I guess Circuit City must have been doing their inventory to discover the RT600i among the stock.

Just a passing thought, perhaps Polk might be missing an RTi60 in their RTi speaker line.
  • rs159
    edited April 2003
    Options
    CC's been unloading alot of stuff lately. For instance, that Infinity center channel that costs $500 can be had for $150 :eek: If we keep our eyes open another deal like this might come along if the hifi gods are smiling down on us.
  • rs159
    edited April 2003
    Options
    That is if we are very, very, very, very, very, almost retardedly lucky.
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Starting to feel a little guilty for scoffing up two pair. Holly hell that all happened quick. I think CC will become a daily check.

ncw thanks again. Owe you one.

etrigan, I got a little time on my hands finally. Will do another CC search. Let you know which store that was if they still have them.
  • etrigan
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Thx GS ! appreciate that.
    Don't feel too guilty about hoarding TWO sets - I can relieve you of that guilt, I'll take 'em off your hands, at no charge to you - Pa.
    isn't that far away. Then you can sleep at night ;)

CHEERS ! jefff
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I work nights
  • etrigan
    edited April 2003
    Options
    :lol: Thx again.

CHEERS ! jefff
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by polkatese
    Sid,
    no need to spend too much time deciding, get the 9....

I dunno, I really like the Def Tech sound, the 9's are 300 cheaper than the BOTL def tech bookshelf though. So I will probally end up with them since I can get them on ebay for around 500-600 bucks. None the less I will probally get the LSI 7 for mains, surrounds and a lsic for a center. That would be a nice rig for me! lol
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by MxStYlEpOlKmAn

I dunno, I really like the Def Tech sound, the 9's are 300 cheaper than the BOTL def tech bookshelf though. So I will probally end up with them since I can get them on ebay for around 500-600 bucks. None the less I will probally get the LSI 7 for mains, surrounds and a lsic for a center. That would be a nice rig for me! lol

glad ta seeya posten my friend!
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • ncw
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by gshisme
    Starting to feel a little guilty for scoffing up two pair. Holly hell that all happened quick. I think CC will become a daily check.

ncw thanks again. Owe you one.

You're very welcome. Enjoy your new loudspeakers.
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
    etrigan

Sorry man... found nothing... even in NY.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Sid,
    If you have a decent sub, the 7 can REALLY sing! if you are going to hook em up for your bedroom, having 7 all around is a great idea....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • scottvamp
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Sid your freaking killing me here. Buying this and buying that - give it a rest. You don't even buy the TP that wipes your a$$. Give your self some time. Many more things to worry about my man. Knowledge is Power. Sorry. I mean save up for a car at least. LSI's don't do d--k if your walking to Burger King. If you had $200 bucks - you would have dropped the lotion and jumped all over those speakers. Hope your not in to deep. Begging for tweeters on the street corner. Giving HJ for speaker wire. It's OK keeping you in check.
    Venting some of my sarcasm. Nothing no one else was thinking or not. I'm leaving soon anyway. Time I move on - this is an example as to why. Nothing personal to you Mx - just getting old.:(
    Thrash Away.
    :D
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
  • scottvamp
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Ya - checked those out already.
    Still they are $380 shipped ebay vs $215 shipped from a certified dealer. ;)
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Woops..thought that was $40 for both. Good point. Better off spending the rest of my evening in the theater room.
  • rs159
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by ATCVenom
    Mx,

Dont mean to come across as harsh, but I dont believe your room is really......suitable.......for anything along the lines of def tech or the lsi's. I mean, if you feel you will enjoy it and get your moneys worth, dont let me rain on your parade.

I just wanna warn you, these speakers, are very........very.......very finacy. They may sound like complete and utter **** in your room.

Staying back to the thread.......

...Sean

That's kinda what I've been saying all along, just not so "direct". Puting RTis in the corner sounds "OK". Could be better if they were in a bit larger room on stands (to get them off the walls and for damping), and because square rooms are hell on any speaker. Definately not for speakers like the LSis.

Please MX, don't cry to me like a 9 year old girl, I'm just saying.

You could say that it's kinda like spending all the money you have on the fastest car in the world and then putting parachutes and some no-name tires you found in the dumpster on it. It will still be better than a mini van, but it won't be all it can be.
  • ncw
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by ATCVenom

Thanks again, ncw...

Sean

You're very welcome. Enjoy!!