want to trade up to 1.2TL's?

Options
124»

Comments

• comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited August 2009
    Options
    just as soon as she makes up her mind:p She has suggested that I turn our guest room into a man cave!:D

Woohooo!!!! That sounds like the BEST plan to me. She get's her living room back, and you get a man cave!

I hope that works out for you John. I'd hate to see you lose those 1.2TL's...especially before I get a chance to come out there and get my ears on them.:cool:
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,136
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It does sound like the best solution, but I need to stick to my guns and try and keep them in the living room, as I would still need to part with them due to the size of the room they would be coming to. It will be far to small for them to breathe. As it is they are in the smallest room possible for them to work as they should. I have them plaing her favorite music all day long and she has started to hear just how good they are even when you are not in the room with them.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • JohnLocke88
    JohnLocke88 Posts: 1,150
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It does sound like the best solution, but I need to stick to my guns and try and keep them in the living room, as I would still need to part with them due to the size of the room they would be coming to. It will be far to small for them to breathe. As it is they are in the smallest room possible for them to work as they should. I have them plaing her favorite music all day long and she has started to hear just how good they are even when you are not in the room with them.

would you really sell your Ferarri if you could only drive it 65?
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited August 2009
    Options
    kawizx9r wrote: »
    Not to crap on anything Esavinon but those 3.1's have been posted over and over again on another thread. A polk forum member was supposed to pick them up but got a flat on the way there, seller decided to post them up on ebay for sell again. This was like +1month ago or so, seeing them on again....somethings going on.

John, you'll find another pair man. I do get where others say you should be entitled to what you want (to a certain extent) but these purchases were made without her consent. Although it sucks I DO believe she should reconsider what shes asking of you, but if you end up selling/trading them I hope you find another pair later in the future.

Thanks for the heads up.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    would you really sell your Ferarri if you could only drive it 65?
    no... but at least I could drive it. And when I cannot drive it, at least looking at it would give me a hard-on;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • selectsc
    selectsc Posts: 14
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hello John, Just joined...looking for 1.2tl speakers. Still available? Let me know. Thanks, Sandy
  • Zitro
    Zitro Posts: 864
    edited April 2010
    Options
    selectsc wrote: »
    Hello John, Just joined...looking for 1.2tl speakers. Still available? Let me know. Thanks, Sandy

LOL

Thank you, this thread was fun to read. Although it makes me never want to get married lol.
    - Jeremy

Amps: Jolida FX-10, NAD 3045, NAD C320BEE, Sansui G-9700
    Speakers: Polk Monitor 7A's, KEF Reference 104aB
    Sources: ProJect Debut Carbon, Sonos streaming FLAC
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited April 2010
    Options
    John any other SDAs you get are still going to be big and ugly. Your wife will still not like them and you will have traded down to a lesser pair.

IMO, you need to go outside Polk to some nicely finished Monitors and perhaps a well-hidden and musical sub if you are going to please your wife.

Totem, ACI, Dynaudio monitor?
    REL, Martin Logan sub?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2010
    Options
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    John any other SDAs you get are still going to be big and ugly. Your wife will still not like them and you will have traded down to a lesser pair.

IMO, you need to go outside Polk to some nicely finished Monitors and perhaps a well-hidden and musical sub if you are going to please your wife.

Totem, ACI, Dynaudio monitor?
    REL, Martin Logan sub?

This thread is 8 months old now.... My wife Likes the 2.3TL's just fine thanks!:rolleyes::D

• Zitro
    Zitro Posts: 864
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This thread is 8 months old now.... My wife Likes the 2.3TL's just fine thanks!:rolleyes::D

So it's safe to get married? lol
    - Jeremy

Amps: Jolida FX-10, NAD 3045, NAD C320BEE, Sansui G-9700
    Speakers: Polk Monitor 7A's, KEF Reference 104aB
    Sources: ProJect Debut Carbon, Sonos streaming FLAC
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You are on your own on that one. Just make certain to lift the skirt and see what's under the hood first.:eek::D:p

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,817
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You are on your own on that one. Just make certain to lift the skirt and see what's under the hood first.:eek::D:p

Is that why your first one didnt work out, you forgot to look....:D:eek:
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2010
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »

LOL:D:D:rolleyes:... Aerosmith's Greatest Hits is spinning right now

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2010
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Now that there is just plain WRONG!:D