want to trade up to 1.2TL's?

Options
nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
edited April 2010 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I am reluctantly :(offering my 1.2 tls for sale or trade. My wife wants them out for now, but assures me that I can get another pair when we move on to a bigger place:). I am very interested in the 2.3TL's or the SRS 2. I am offering my TL's for 2100.00 and must be picked up, as shipping these monsters would be a nightmare. The speakers are as prettey as they come have already been upgraded to the RDO-198's, which alone are worth 400.00.

Sonically they are in perfect condition and come with the original interconnect and spike kit. Cosmetically they don't get any cleaner than these. See the attached pictures...

I have installed Larry's custom crossover plates, but still have the originals in near mint condition as well. They will be included with the sale. The price I am asking is what I have in them, and does not include the cost of travel to northern Michigan to get them.

Please PM me with all offers/trade considerations.

John
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by nooshinjohn on

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    edited August 2009
    Options
    John sorry to hear that. If you guys plan on moving I say keep them you know how hard it is to get them close to home sometimes.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I know... but peace is worth more than gasoline to go get another pair. I really hope to keep them in the family here at Polk. Hopefully someone will have a set of 2.3 tls that will fit where I need them to and I will be just fine.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The 2.3's are not that much smaller, Maybe you need to find a set of 1C's
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not to dump on your thread,but,I'm sure you're aware that the 2.3's and the SRS 2's are not a whole lot smaller than what you have now.

Same width,same depth,just a little shorter.

Good luck on your sale
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited August 2009
    Options
    +1 the 2.3tls are still huge. If she didn't like the 1.2's then she's not going to like the 2.3's. Look at the 3.1tl's small in size but bigger than your old 1c's and they sound fantastic.( trust me I know:D).

Hope everything works out.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    3.1TL's it is... we just got done measuring things out and they are the ones that will work best. Nice thing is I can run them as surrounds when we get a bigger place.

• leroyjr1
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Now the hard part finding a pair...
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Wanna trade?:p

• megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sorry to hear man! It's such a pain. I knew you went through a great trouble to get them and you were so happy when you went to get them. I wish your wife would allow you to keep them.

As a last resort before selling or trading, give her a candle light dinner while 1.2tls are playing some romantic tunes and ask her for a dance in the living room after the dinner. She might change her mind about those ugly things. :D
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited August 2009
    Options

A short drive..... Minneapolis.... http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ele/1331814475.html

Had 2 pair come up here in CA in the 300 to 500 range though..... http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79434

Polk Audio SRS 3.1TL Speakers - $1000 (Brooklyn Park)

Date: 2009-08-19, 3:53PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-stpy9-1331814475@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

These are the famous vintage Polk Audio flagship speakers that originally listed for $2000/pair. I am the original owner and love these speakers.
    There are very few speakers on the market that have the accurate sound and full range of these floor standing models. They are still in like NEW condition and the only reason I am selling them is I need to downsize my audio room.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • leroyjr1
    edited August 2009
    Options
    megasat16 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear man! It's such a pain. I knew you went through a great trouble to get them and you were so happy when you went to get them. I wish your wife would allow you to keep them.

As a last resort before selling or trading, give her a candle light dinner while 1.2tls are playing some romantic tunes and ask her for a dance in the living room after the dinner. She might change her mind about those ugly things. :D

I'd just get rid of the wife. Plenty single women out there.:cool:
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited August 2009
    Options

That would be the best option. You've gotta put your priorities first.;):p

Sorry to hear you've gotta get rid of them, John. I know how much you were liking them.

Wanna trade for a pair of 2A's?:p
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    thanks for the options guys, but need to find something closer, and will only consider TL's as trades....

• megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited August 2009
    Options

I am speechless...:D
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The wife stays. When she becomes a pharmacist, I get a Ferrari 550 Maranello. My location is West Lafayette Indiana for anyone wanting to come and take a peek at them.

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The 2.3's are not that much smaller, Maybe you need to find a set of 1C's

Ironically, that's exactly what he had before.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I loved the 1C's, but the TL's are in another category all together, IMHO...

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I suggest getting a much bigger house.

And next time discussing it with her before hand so you don't have to go through all this hassle.

Yes she would still have said no, but then you could have saved time, trouble, money, and probably a cranky wife who came home to see those monstrosities in her living room!

And before someone quotes the BS about easier to ask forgiveness, there won't be any of that either until the speakers are out of the house!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • restanim
    restanim Posts: 227
    edited August 2009
    Options
    nooshinjohn,
    I have a pair of 1C's in oak with the RDO tweeters. Interested?

Mike
    polkaudio

Currently Own:
    RTA-11T Light Oak, Aug/2011 to present
    SDA-CRS+ Aug/2011 to present
    RTA-11T Black, Dec/2013 to present

Previously Owned:
    SDA-SRS 2.3 May/1990 to June/1991
    SRS 1.2TL June/1991 to May/1995
    SDA-1C Aug/2005 to Dec/2011
    SRS 1.2TL Sept/2009 to Sept/2015
  • Retro152
    Retro152 Posts: 985
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sorry to hear John. Good luck with the Sale.

Pat.
    Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-05
    Amp: Emotiva Xpa-3
    Front L/R: POLK Rti-a9s':D
    Center:POLK Csi-a6
    Rear surround's:POLK Rti-a1s'
    Sub: Klipsch Synergy sub-12
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3
    Audioquest type 4 wiring.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok...how about a trade for a 1990 Firebird? It runs great, but it needs a new ignition module at the moment. The body is real clean...the interior could use a little bit of work.

j/k:p;)

In all seriousness though, I'd just refuse to get rid of them. She'll get used to them.

That's just me though. To each their own.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok...how about a trade for a 1990 Firebird? It runs great, but it needs a new ignition module at the moment. The body is real clean...the interior could use a little bit of work.

j/k:p;)

In all seriousness though, I'd just refuse to get rid of them. She'll get used to them.

That's just me though. To each their own.

YEP!!! I have to agree you only live once and you should be happy with what you want in life as well.

I think Zarrdoss (Kevin) needs a road trip. and he can sell me his 2.3tls. :)
  • bsoko2
    bsoko2 Posts: 1,449
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Come on out to Washington state with them and you can go home with a set of 2.3's.

Bill
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Now let me get this straight....you want to trade for tl's??? So....if I drive over there with my pair of 3.1tl's, I get to drive back with 1.2 tl's, correct??

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    joeparaski wrote: »
    Now let me get this straight....you want to trade for tl's??? So....if I drive over there with my pair of 3.1tl's, I get to drive back with 1.2 tl's, correct??

Joe
    You would need to kick in some cash as well, but that is the general idea... pm me and we can talk...

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You punked out, John. Flat out punked out....I thought you had a pair...guess I was wrong....
    How 'bout I just come up there and just relieve you of your burden. It's the right thing to do at this point.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I suggest getting a much bigger house.

And next time discussing it with her before hand so you don't have to go through all this hassle.

Yes she would still have said no, but then you could have saved time, trouble, money, and probably a cranky wife who came home to see those monstrosities in her living room!

And before someone quotes the BS about easier to ask forgiveness, there won't be any of that either until the speakers are out of the house!

Thanks for the input Cathy, but I must ask why men need to ask permission before we so much as ****, but women can shop til they drop and show us all the stuff they bought. I do not complain or protest in the least. I buy just one major purchase a year that takes up just 5 square feet of combined floor space, and she gets the entire walk-in closet. My clothes are in a small closet in the guest bedroom...

• daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OK, so you folk w/out wives or the muy macho types say he should keep them and screw her. Priced the amount for divorce lately? Being married is give and take and if I remember right he bought them while she was gone. To spend that kind of coin w/out
    the other one knowing takes balls period. Suicidal if you ask me.

My wife wasn't in love with the 1C's in the great room so now they're in the basement.
    Cheaper to keep her.;)
  • leroyjr1
    edited August 2009
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »
    OK, so you folk w/out wives or the muy macho types say he should keep them and screw her. Priced the amount for divorce lately? Being married is give and take and if I remember right he bought them while she was gone. To spend that kind of coin w/out
    the other one knowing takes balls period. Suicidal if you ask me.

My wife wasn't in love with the 1C's in the great room so now they're in the basement.
    Cheaper to keep her.;)

If it's his money he can buy whatever he wants. He's a grown man he shouldn't have to get permission to spend his own money. Next thing you know she's going to start giving him an allowance. :eek:

John I have a spare bed room. We could rock out together.:cool: