want to trade up to 1.2TL's?

Options

Comments

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited August 2009
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    But he has a loving wife of 41 years to be with to love & to be loved.

All you will have is your cold **** speakers to curl up with with your attitude. Who's the loser now?:rolleyes:

29 years old and been with the old lady 15 years this October.

no curling up alone
    no allowance
    no bitching

that's the reason I work hard so I can save, pay the bills, and buy whatever I want without permission.
    How fun is a marriage if the only one getting pleased is the woman?
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2009
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    But he has a loving wife of 41 years to be with to love & to be loved.

I dunno...the day my wife suggests we go to a marriage counselor over a pair of speakers is the day we both need to seriously think about being single. :rolleyes:

And I say this after 34 years with the woman.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,958
    edited August 2009
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    29 years old and been with the old lady 15 years this October.

no curling up alone
    no allowance
    no bitching

that's the reason I work hard so I can save, pay the bills, and buy whatever I want without permission.
    How fun is a marriage if the only one getting pleased is the woman?

HAHA,

29? I am sure she is far from an old lady, unless you like them older.:D
  • bsoko2
    bsoko2 Posts: 1,449
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You're a grown **** man with an allowance. LMAO..

Well this grown **** man did the Cuban Missle blockade, and two tours in Nam with two Purple Hearts and was a platoon Sgt in the Marines! What did you do p****! The point that I was making is that he cares enough about his wife to take the crap that comes with it, work it out thru a third party. The she will see that fair is fair.

Bill
  • leroyjr1
    edited August 2009
    Options
    bsoko2 wrote: »
    Well this grown **** man did the Cuban Missle blockade, and two tours in Nam with two Purple Hearts and was a platoon Sgt in the Marines! What did you do p****! The point that I was making is that he cares enough about his wife to take the crap that comes with it, work it out thru a third party. The she will see that fair is fair.

Bill

What does you having purple hearts and tours to Nam have to do with you getting an allowance. My point is a marriage/relationship is 50/50.

Jerry said earlier a happy woman is a happy marriage. Shouldn't it be a happy couple is a happy marriage. Just my thought but really doesn't matter as every household is different. Mine is 50/50.

I done

nice setup BTW.
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ESavinon wrote: »
    I'm getting those ;):cool:.

Not to crap on anything Esavinon but those 3.1's have been posted over and over again on another thread. A polk forum member was supposed to pick them up but got a flat on the way there, seller decided to post them up on ebay for sell again. This was like +1month ago or so, seeing them on again....somethings going on.

John, you'll find another pair man. I do get where others say you should be entitled to what you want (to a certain extent) but these purchases were made without her consent. Although it sucks I DO believe she should reconsider what shes asking of you, but if you end up selling/trading them I hope you find another pair later in the future.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • bsoko2
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What does you having purple hearts and tours to Nam have to do with you getting an allowance. My point is a marriage/relationship is 50/50.

Jerry said earlier a happy woman is a happy marriage. Shouldn't it be a happy couple is a happy marriage. Just my thought but really doesn't matter as every household is different. Mine is 50/50.

I done

nice setup BTW.

No, that wasn't your point! Your point is that you can spend what you want without her input, and just how does she feel about that. In a relationship if you both work it is "our" money and it should be discussed who gets to spend what. An allowance is a fair way to go for all parties. What you have doesn't sound like a 50/50 relationship to me or anyone else. And thanks for the setup comment, 250 a month goes along way.

Bill
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If I would have limited myself to $250 a month for toys I would have been better off financially today. My wife tolerates my audio habit but I know she doesn't really like it when I spend thousands and thousands of dollars on it over the years.....I should have done the roof on the house....I should have painted the rooms.....I should have redone the bathroom.....there's lots of other things I should have done rather than spend on audio gear.

I really don't deserve her and I know I have gone too far with gear....I mean come on, do I really need 8 amplifiers??

All this to say than an "allowance", for lack of a better word, is a good idea if you can't control your spending....like me.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • bsoko2
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Joe - this hobby is our "crack". We can justify alot of things just to get that right sound and visual effect. What does it do for us, bragging rights, awe from our fellow audio crackheads, and a busted wallet later in life. No, the 250 per month was just right for me.

Bill
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Shack, I think there were probably a whole lot of other issues going on not just the speakers that sent them to counseling. This might simply have been the straw that broke the camel back as it were.

Regardless, they worked it out & are stronger and happier for it & that is all that matters in the end.

Congrats on 34 years of marriage. I bet you've done your share of compromising over the years.:)
    shack wrote: »
    I dunno...the day my wife suggests we go to a marriage counselor over a pair of speakers is the day we both need to seriously think about being single. :rolleyes:

And I say this after 34 years with the woman.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,136
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I agree that this hobby is as adictive as they come. I also agree that compromise is best. But Cathy... to call the 1.2TL's ugly:eek:, well thats just over the line:p They are the most beautful speaker to look at IMHO, and they are among the best ever made for listening. But I guess beauty is in teh eye of the beholder:rolleyes:.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • cfrizz
    edited August 2009
    Options
    :D Oh well, don't feel too bad, I saw some even worse looking B & Ws once. that had the SDAs beat by a mile!:eek:

Good luck with your sale!:)
    I agree that this hobby is as adictive as they come. I also agree that compromise is best. But Cathy... to call the 1.2TL's ugly:eek:, well thats just over the line:p They are the most beautful speaker to look at IMHO, and they are among the best ever made for listening. But I guess beauty is in teh eye of the beholder:rolleyes:.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • leroyjr1
    edited August 2009
    Options
    John

Have you thought about just using your LSI 15's as fronts?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I will be... I think even the LSi25's will be to big for her taste as they are deeper than the TL's by about 7 inches. She has agreed to hear the LSi15's in a side by side comparision test to the TL's and if she can tell an appreciable difference in sound quality between the two... well I might just get lucky. She is impressed by how quickly I posted them for sale and by the comments made here by all, so she is fully aware of what I have now and the merits of owning them. I am hesitant to call it a softening of her position, but we shall see.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited August 2009
    Options
    cathy, i love ya baby, but it's always gotten weird seeing the quotations at the bottom of your replies. can i get an amen?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • ckphoto
    ckphoto Posts: 121
    edited August 2009
    Options
    John, why don't you just put them in storage or let one of the friends you have made here keep them safe until you move. If the money spent on them is not the issue, that is what I would do because of how hard they are to find and the work you have already done to them.

Good Luck
    Mitsubishi WD-73736
    Pioneer Elite SC-05 :D
    Xbox 360
    Sony PS3 80GB
    Velodyne minivee
    Rti70s
    Csi40
    4-Fxi50s
    Monster PowerCenter HTS 3600 MKII
    Harmony One
  • cfrizz
    edited August 2009
    Options
    BIZILL wrote: »
    cathy, i love ya baby, but it's always gotten weird seeing the quotations at the bottom of your replies. can i get an amen?

Oh good grief!:mad: When I first started posting I DID do it this way & people said I did it backwards! MAKE UP YOUR FRICKIN MINDS ALREADY!!!:rolleyes::confused:

which way is it supposed to be? If there isn't a concensus I'm going to do it any way I want!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Easy does it there Cath. I always post the quote first then my reply but you are free to do it whatever way pleases you.:);)
  • cfrizz
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Easy does it there Cath. I always post the quote first then my reply but you are free to do it whatever way pleases you.:);)

Well Joe I have learned a lot from you guys & I thank you. BUT you guys can give any woman competition when it comes to being fickle!

I learned about separate amplification or ie "Man Amps" from you guys when I first came on here. Then the whole lot of you decided that scrawny little tube amps were the bomb & went & started trying to talk anyone that would listen into getting them!

You guys are always changing your minds over EVERYTHING! Is it any wonder I get confused?:p
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2009
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Well Joe I have learned a lot from you guys & I thank you. BUT you guys can give any woman competition when it comes to being fickle!

I learned about separate amplification or ie "Man Amps" from you guys when I first came on here. Then the whole lot of you decided that scrawny little tube amps were the bomb & went & started trying to talk anyone that would listen into getting them!

You guys are always changing your minds over EVERYTHING! Is it any wonder I get confused?:p

Well I only have one thing to say in response . . . Tubes Rules!!!:D:p
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited August 2009
    Options
    By all means, I am not an expert in the forum etiquette but I think the correct way of using quotes is -

At the top before the replies if you are quoting as a response to someone

At the bottom if your quote is not a response to anyone in particular but using quote as a Reference / Proof, etc.

I may be wrong and known to be wrong. But that's how I usually use quotes.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ummm... this was a for sale /trade thread:confused:;)

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That's tellin' 'em John!! Stick to your guns!
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited August 2009
    Options

That should have been said 83 post ago.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2009
    Options
  • JohnLocke88
    JohnLocke88 Posts: 1,150
    edited August 2009
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »
    It's not HIS money when you're married,it's YOU'RE money. As much as men would like to think that it's your money it's just wrong. Throw in kids and then it's really different.

So John,if it's worth it then maybe his spare bedroom would be a good place to spend your life.

I'm never getting married... Or I'm keeping a seperate apartment for myself... just in case

I am reminded of Home Alone: "When I grow up and get married, I'M LIVING ALONE!"

On that happy note, good luck with your A/B demo. I hope your 1.2TL's win. :D
  • JohnLocke88
    JohnLocke88 Posts: 1,150
    edited August 2009
    Options
    EDIT: For sale thread, no more off topic for me.
  • leroyjr1
    edited August 2009
    Options

John

you might want to start a new thread
  • Retro152
    Retro152 Posts: 985
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That concludes this episiode of the Dr.Phil show: "She hates my speakers!":p:D

Pat.
    Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-05
    Amp: Emotiva Xpa-3
    Front L/R: POLK Rti-a9s':D
    Center:POLK Csi-a6
    Rear surround's:POLK Rti-a1s'
    Sub: Klipsch Synergy sub-12
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3
    Audioquest type 4 wiring.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Retro152 wrote: »
    That concludes this episiode of the Dr.Phil show: "She hates my speakers!":p:DPat.

I will create a new F/S or trade thread...
    just as soon as she makes up her mind:p She has suggested that I turn our guest room into a man cave!:D