Marine Throws Puppy Off Cliff

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2008
    It's an f'ing dog, who cares. People are dying every day over there and there's a 3 page thread on a dog getting tossed. WTF?!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    Ron-P wrote: »
    It's an f'ing dog, who cares. People are dying every day over there and there's a 3 page thread on a dog getting tossed. WTF?!

I don't condone killing puppies, but...
    "It's an f'ing dog"

My sentiments exactly, any heroic what I would do to him crap without knowing what that guy has gone through is pretty lame. I could understand if it was their puppy. I know some people that have been actually in service over there. Its kinda like Vietnam in respect to you don't know who is a friendly, or a suicide bomber. I know one guy who was ordered to shoot an 8 year old boy who was unarmed. That guy shot himself in the foot to get out of there. Do I think that guy should go unpunished? No, but get a grip. Those guys and gals who are actually in service in the nasty are getting shot at out of nowhere by snipers, and dealing with people blowing themselves up to get their gift of how many virgins when they die in the name of who! I am a dog lover, and I wish people were half as faithful as a dogs, but come angry stone throwers get a grip, and think just a little, Just a little. Any way most of us are middle aged over weight, out of shape guys that would probably get their asses whooped by this young trained soldier. Sorry If I have reposted what has already been said, but I stopped reading after a couple of "heroic post" made me shake my head in disbelief.
    It's an f'ing dog

Well said.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • CAvolleyballguy
    CAvolleyballguy Posts: 156
    edited March 2008
    pretty heated topic. allow me to stoke the fire... I was never much of an animal lover my whole life, especially dogs, in fact I hated them, until recently this year when i got pretty attached to my girlfriends little bulldog... now I appreciate the companionship and unconditional love they do give and bring to a family... and I understand why animal people really love their animals...that being said.. It makes me sick if that kid did that, but...

The problem with this country is a larger majority of people would buy an animal on the street something to eat or take it in and give is shelter, than would ever think about picking up the tab for a couple of soldiers eating out someplace... I say this because I have done exactly that on more than one occassion. I sell in a large geography and there are couple towns that are military towns I go through. I appreciate what these soldiers do and I know they dont make a whole lot. I also know they are volunteer which makes them that much more respected in my opinion.

I encourage any of you on here who can afford to pick up the tab (which most of you can) for some service personell sometime to do it... It really makes their day... It let's them know someone appreciates them..

Now the only reason I have any sense of obligation towards our military is because of my father and grandfather who both served and a very good friend who serves now. I've spent enough time around them all that I really know the deal with what goes on when you are in a foreign land and find yourself on the opposite end of an enemy weapon.

Folks the percentage of support troops to combat troops is something like 80-20. Most people that served in the military have never seen the action that guy in the video has seen I'm sure. My father was on the front lines in cambodia and was a mess for 20 years after the war. Litteraly took him 20 years to get his life together. I have heard most of his stories, and there are a few he still wont talk about. The things that you will do to survive in a war zone are incomprehensible to most people and until we walk in his shoes we are all unqualified to pass judgement, which is why they have military justice. Let a jury of his peers pass judgement. The story should never even have made the news. It's insulting to my intelligence that, that story makes the news...when you know...How many homicides do you think occured that day across the country (probably some poor ethnic person somewhere) and what that story tells me is the media will value a dog life over that of a human because...it sells...to a majority of the american people watching the TV... so what if another kid died in the ghetto, did you see the puppy video...
    Rti10 front, csi5, Rti6 surrounds, PSW505, B&K200.7s2, Onkyo705.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    Media has an adjenda,as told by the front page stories they want you to see.Did not hear a peep when the jewish kids were killed last week in their temple,but we all know this about the media anyway.Somewhere along the line they stopped just reporting the news and made it all political B.S.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I don't condone killing puppies, but...
    "It's an f'ing dog"

My sentiments exactly, any heroic what I would do to him crap without knowing what that guy has gone through is pretty lame. I could understand if it was their puppy. I know some people that have been actually in service over there. Its kinda like Vietnam in respect to you don't know who is a friendly, or a suicide bomber. I know one guy who was ordered to shoot an 8 year old boy who was unarmed. That guy shot himself in the foot to get out of there. Do I think that guy should go unpunished? No, but get a grip. Those guys and gals who are actually in service in the nasty are getting shot at out of nowhere by snipers, and dealing with people blowing themselves up to get their gift of how many virgins when they die in the name of who! I am a dog lover, and I wish people were half as faithful as a dogs, but come angry stone throwers get a grip, and think just a little, Just a little. Any way most of us are middle aged over weight, out of shape guys that would probably get their asses whooped by this young trained soldier. Sorry If I have reposted what has already been said, but I stopped reading after a couple of "heroic post" made me shake my head in disbelief.
    It's an f'ing dog

Well said.
    ditto.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited March 2008
    Im not military however my father was. You dont digrace the uniform period. if so you get punished as you should be. I would like to personally kick the tar out of him though I have 5 wonderful Labs .....Allthough Ive screamed and yelled and whooped them.Ive also waded into a nasty lagoon and other areas that are nasty Icy ponds to save mine. I wasnt happy about it but I wouldnt let anything happen to them. Their like kids except they dont **** as much......
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2008
    The "it's only a dog" statements piss me off. I've said it before...the way one treats a helpless animal says a lot about that person as a human being. Killing animals is a necessary part of life. MISTREATING an animal is something different and is disgusting IMO.

There are arguments to be made about a street person vs a homeless animal. One has the ability to help themselves...one does not.

If it was real....the Marine is a disgrace to the uniform. If it was fake...he still can be faulted for staging a sophmoric "prank" for one and all to see.

marinesega2.jpg

Either way...not much to be proud about...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited March 2008
    just because you wear a uniform doesnt make you a soldier. if we wanna say "i know these things better than you because my daddy was a soldier" thats a big old load. a dear friend of mine is a retired SF Colonel who was a ranger/green beret during vietnam. he would be one to tell you that just because you wear a uniform with your countries flag on it doesnt make you a soldier. its who you are inside that counts. just like any other profession in the world, there will be bad people. just like this whole stink in japan over those marines raping a japanese woman. are they just confused soldiers too? no theyre BAD people. if your brain can make a conscious decision to harm and cause pain to a living creature just for the pleasure of it..dog or no dog its the princible of his mindset. you act like everyone in the military is a hero..just like there are pediatricians who molest little boys, just like there are fireman who murder, just like there are dirty cops who beat women who are handcuffed. in every profession there will be bad people. this is probably an example of one. and if you really wanna believe that "these guys have it rough over there so i understand" then you are simply a moron. yes they do have it rough. but thats the quality of a true hero is to withhold your integrity through hardships.
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited March 2008
    Well said Adam. I am not really sure where all of this "buy a soldier a meal" stuff comes along. Being a soldier is a choice, and an occupation. Just like being a mailman is a choice, or being a fireman, or polk salesman is a choice.

I certainly support the troops but just don't get all of this "give to the soldiers" stuff. Being a soldier is a very important occupation, for which they are more well compensated than ever. My nephew works about 25 hours a week by his own admission and is stationed in Mosul. He is typically given 8 hours to do 3 hours worth of work, and for that is given combat pay, room & board, transportation, education opportunity, and doesn't even pay for his laundry. So why the hell would anyone buy him lunch, other than a relative? It isn't like he was drafted and forced to go somewhere. He saw a better deal than he had, and took it. I love him and am proud that he made the choice, but trust me he would NEVER accept a handout. But of course, he is also the type of person that would not throw a defenseless living creature to it's death no matter what he has been through. Personal choice, personal responsibility. That is all society asks for.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited March 2008
    just because you wear a uniform doesnt make you a soldier. if we wanna say "i know these things better than you because my daddy was a soldier" thats a big old load. a dear friend of mine is a retired SF Colonel who was a ranger/green beret during vietnam. he would be one to tell you that just because you wear a uniform with your countries flag on it doesnt make you a soldier. its who you are inside that counts. just like any other profession in the world, there will be bad people. just like this whole stink in japan over those marines raping a japanese woman. are they just confused soldiers too? no theyre BAD people. if your brain can make a conscious decision to harm and cause pain to a living creature just for the pleasure of it..dog or no dog its the princible of his mindset. you act like everyone in the military is a hero..just like there are pediatricians who molest little boys, just like there are fireman who murder, just like there are dirty cops who beat women who are handcuffed. in every profession there will be bad people. this is probably an example of one. and if you really wanna believe that "these guys have it rough over there so i understand" then you are simply a moron. yes they do have it rough. but thats the quality of a true hero is to withhold your integrity through hardships.

Well said.

Finding fault with military people and/or cops doesn't mean they are all bad.

It just means maybe one or two are bad.

These videos could all be staged and not real, but the actions they are showing just plain sucks.
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2008
    Well to me, someone stepping up on their own accord and taking the job of protecting me, without being forced to do so, is a bigger Hero in my opinion.

And I support my Heros, even if its just buying them lunch.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • AdamRagland
    edited March 2008
    i dont think this should turn into a debate about each mans patriotism on this forum. reading these posts i can tell we all have a love for our country and appreciate and support our troops. we may have different outlooks on this particular instance but i think we can all agree that the men and women who serve this country *HONORABLY* are heroic and deserve our support.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited March 2008
    Its funny that alot of the guys standing up for this "marine" because of what he has or is going through in a war zone would be the first in line to crucify someone else for doing something wrong and then blaming their behaviour on external forces (temporary insanity/It's not my fault cuz my daddy didn't love me/etc).

Its all about personal responsibility. Does his behaviour mean all Marines are bad? Hell no.

That said, I trust the rest of the soldiers he reports to will find out all of the facts involved in the case and act accordingly.
  • hockeyboy
    edited March 2008
    :eek:To me, a guy throwing a puppy off a cliff doesn't seem like a "Hero" Jake. Other guys that are protecting you every day: Policeman, FBI, CIA, Construction Workers, City Inspectors, Fire Fighters, FDA employees, etc.

You have a lot of lunches to buy! That being said, Adam has a terrific point. I can be certain that each of us love our country and respect those who serve. We view things a bit differently in our patriotism, but can't we agree there should be a rule for soldiers: "Do not throw puppies off of cliffs"?
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Panamax M5300EX
  • jakelm
    edited March 2008
    hockeyboy wrote: »
    To me, a guy throwing a puppy off a cliff doesn't seem like a "Hero" Jake.

I never excused his actions!!!!!
    Other guys that are protecting you every day: Policeman, FBI, CIA, Construction Workers, City Inspectors, Fire Fighters, FDA employees, etc.

You have a lot of lunches to buy!

I said a soldier who protects me willingly. That includes everyone, you listed. Those soldiers dont sleep in their own bed at night, unlike Police and CIA and construction workes etc....

And yes, we all have alot of lunches to buy.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• hockeyboy
    edited March 2008
    Point taken Jake.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Panamax M5300EX
  • jakelm
    edited March 2008
    The soldier is fighting an enemy, in a desert, thousands of miles away, so YOU dont have to fight that enemy in your backyard. And we are thowing stones at him for an incedent with a dog?????
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    tonyb wrote: »
    Media has an adjenda,as told by the front page stories they want you to see.Did not hear a peep when the jewish kids were killed last week in their temple,but we all know this about the media anyway.Somewhere along the line they stopped just reporting the news and made it all political B.S.

It's so easy to blame the media.. the media does not create these events.. the media only reports on them.. some are biased and some are not of course. But blaming the media is a cop out.

Why not just blame the media for also getting the Tasteful Babe Thread closed in here while you're at it. OMG!

The media isn't to blame for everything you don't like. :mad:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    jakelm wrote: »
    The soldier is fighting an enemy, in a desert, thousands of miles away, so YOU dont have to fight that enemy in your backyard. And we are thowing stones at him for an incedent with a dog?????

Who gives a **** what he's doing? If he did do this, he should be dealt with accordingly. Knowing the military, they'll deal with him properly.

Just because you're a soldier doesn't give your the right to do things like this, and I am very supportive of the military. It's asinine to give this guy a pass because of 'what he's seen and going through'. Give me a break. Maybe we shouldn't be chasing that Marine, Cesar Laurean that allegedly killed a woman who was 8 months pregnant becuase he went through some tough times in Iraq. :rolleyes:

Dogs aren't humans, and stealing a soda isn't murder -- we have varying levels of punishment to fit the crimes because of that.

These soldiers are admired for what they do for their country and putting their lives on the lines. That service doesn't absolve them of responsibility for their actions.

That said, I won't come down on this guy until I know if it's all true or not.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2008
    danger boy wrote: »
    It's so easy to blame the media.. the media does not create these events.. the media only reports on them.. some are biased and some are not of course. But blaming the media is a cop out.

Why not just blame the media for also getting the Tasteful Babe Thread closed in here while you're at it. OMG!

The media isn't to blame for everything you don't like. :mad:

Didn't you used to be a camera man or something, if I recall from some old threads? In the interests of being open, you should probably disclose you used to be part of the media with posts like this. Are you still? :confused:

The media is biased, some outlets more than others, and it's all well documented. If it fits your world view you probably don't care. If it doesn't, you probably do care -- or perhaps you just don't know it's happening.

The media does indeed create stories, they just count on the stupid public not looking into the claims -- look at Dan Rather....Jayson Blair? We could go on. The media used to be accountable to no one. Now they're finally starting to be held accountable more and more, which is exactly how it should be.
  • jakelm
    edited March 2008
    Ok, so we all support our military. And we all think that some sort of punishment is needed in a case like this.

Good enough..
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• AdamRagland
    edited March 2008
    no demi your wrong!! my local news had a story on last night about an old lady who has a pet squirrel. thats not biased thats world class news right there!!!
  • jakelm
    edited March 2008
    You absolutly right Demi,

Just look at our little club here.

How many times has someone been misquoted? Or someone pulled a quote from somewhere else, that was completely out of context.

The trueth can be scewed to a point to where its not the trueth. And the media are pros at it.

Most of the times its just "Based on a true stroy"
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited March 2008
    jakelm wrote: »

The trueth can be scewed to a point to where its not the trueth. And the media are pros at it.

Most of the times its just "Based on a true stroy"

I agree, Fox News comes to mind.
  • hockeyboy
    edited March 2008
    The Marine Corps have issued a statement clearly condemning the actions of the soldier, who incidentally appears to be stationed in a non-combat duty in the brutal hell of Hawaii.

In a statement, the Marines said the video is "shocking and deplorable and is contrary to the high standards we expect of every Marine." Here is a link to the guys myspace page, his name is David Motari.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=348896236

"We do not tolerate this type of behavior and will take appropriate action," according to the statement. In their statement, the Marines acknowledged that the video could tarnish the image of America's servicemen and women: "There have been numerous stories of Marines adopting pets and bringing them home from Iraq or helping to arrange life-saving medical care for Iraqi children.

"Those are the stories that exemplify what we stand for and how most Marines behave."
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Panamax M5300EX
  • AdamRagland
    edited March 2008
    haha did you see what it says on his myspace? "Leave your intentions in your friend request. i'm tired of the hate"
  • ben62670
    edited March 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Just because you're a soldier doesn't give your the right to do things like this, and I am very supportive of the military. It's asinine to give this guy a pass because of 'what he's seen and going through'. Give me a break. Maybe we shouldn't be chasing that Marine, Cesar Laurean that allegedly killed a woman who was 8 months pregnant becuase he went through some tough times in Iraq. :rolleyes:

I don't see anywhere anyone saying he should not be punished. Who has said let him go unpunished?
    I think that these post should be read, and reread before replying. A short vid(are these guys retarded for filming this:confused:), and the media hype sets the emotional tone right where they want it. Thats their job, and look how well the controversy has sparked up CP. I am saying this softly. I think anyone who throws a puppy off a cliff is messed up. Anyone who hasn't walked a mile in his shoes, or knows someone who has gone through serious combat should not be so quick to throw stones.

Thanks
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited March 2008
    hockeyboy wrote: »
    The Marine Corps have issued a statement clearly condemning the actions of the soldier, who incidentally appears to be stationed in a non-combat duty in the brutal hell of Hawaii.

In a statement, the Marines said the video is "shocking and deplorable and is contrary to the high standards we expect of every Marine." Here is a link to the guys myspace page, his name is David Motari.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=348896236

"We do not tolerate this type of behavior and will take appropriate action," according to the statement. In their statement, the Marines acknowledged that the video could tarnish the image of America's servicemen and women: "There have been numerous stories of Marines adopting pets and bringing them home from Iraq or helping to arrange life-saving medical care for Iraqi children.

"Those are the stories that exemplify what we stand for and how most Marines behave."

OK
    Lets flog him!
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I don't see anywhere anyone saying he should not be punished. Who has said let him go unpunished?
    I think that these post should be read, and reread before replying. A short vid(are these guys retarded for filming this:confused:), and the media hype sets the emotional tone right where they want it. Thats their job, and look how well the controversy has sparked up CP. I am saying this softly. I think anyone who throws a puppy off a cliff is messed up. Anyone who hasn't walked a mile in his shoes, or knows someone who has gone through serious combat should not be so quick to throw stones.

Thanks
    Ben

I think you may need to do some re-reading there, Ben. Words mean things. That, and if your last sentence is true, I must be damn near an expert since most of my family is military and my best friend is Navy SEAL. I'm quite sympathetic to the things soldiers and their families have to go through in a time of war. I don't need to be lectured about throwing stones at this alledged (and now confirmed) rotten piece of ****.

For further clarification, this is what I replied to:

The first sentence is full of excuses for poor behavior.

Being a soldier isn't an excuse for behavior like this, period. I don't need to have my boots on the ground over there to know that.

I reacted to what was written. If there was a different intent in your post you should probably clarify what you're saying. ;)
  • ben62670
    edited March 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Being a soldier isn't an excuse for behavior like this, period.

I do get confused sometimes. Not kidding. Reading comprehension has gotten me in the past. But what I have never seen anyone say to excuse his behavior:confused:
    Thanks
    Ben