Marine Throws Puppy Off Cliff

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2008
    If this proves to be true, regardless of who he is, what rank, etc. he should be dishonorably discharged and charged to the fullest extent of the law. Just because he's a marine doesn't mean he is immune to the law and human decency. What a shame for that poor dog.......................

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Why is off the wall **** like this news, but the good these guys do as a collective unit going largely ignored?

It's easier to criticize than to heap praise?

Honestly, I'm glad videos like this come to the public eye: makes it easier to self govern ourselves. That jackass earns himself a swift kick in the ****, and a dismissal from our armed services. I don't want that eff up representing United States interests overseas.

Glad he got caught before he did something stupid like throw a human being off a cliff...
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited March 2008
    I don't, and quite honestly hope never to, understand what a person goes through in war. My grandfather was still deeply affected by what he experienced in the Asian theater during WWII, especially the aftermath of the bombs dropping in Japan, when he lost his ability to speak in the weeks before he passed. This was after over 50 years. My initial reaction upon hearing this story was very similar to the others posted here; rip his balls off, throw him off a cliff, etc. After that emotional/gut reaction subsided, I think it's important to know the whole story. I'm certainly not in a position to judge.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    this is disturbing video... that is/was a cute puppy. sad.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited March 2008
    Pfft, I'd like to see you try, that Marine would have your balls swinging from the nearest tree while drinking a beer.

Cmon Joe, you can't make a blanket statement like that, I can't speak for anybody else of course...or go into any unnecessary details but I would be sipping down that beer while watching his little balls swing on that tree as the rest of the puppies played with them.

I do agree with you that human beings are more important then animals ( Well most human beings ) ....but seeing something of that nature would override my training as well as teachings and that type of action would be treated as an attack on my own person.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    Bro my point is that everyone is ready to crucify this soldier and NO-ONE knows for sure the circumstances. For all we know he threw a stuffed animal off the cliff.

If he did do this then he should be punished according to the military wartime code.

As far as my blanket statement goes I was trying to make the point as to how overboard people can think but when the reality of what they say sinks in (their own balls swinging from a tree or even trying to hurt a Marine) it's too late to take it back.
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2008
    Whose the dumb **** that video'd it?

Thats like having a buddy record a video of me stealing a car.

They should be punished for just being that stupid.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited March 2008
    Bro my point is that everyone is ready to crucify this soldier and NO-ONE knows for sure the circumstances. For all we know he threw a stuffed animal off the cliff.

If he did do this then he should be punished according to the military wartime code.

As far as my blanket statement goes I was trying to make the point as to how overboard people can think but when the reality of what they say sinks in (their own balls swinging from a tree or even trying to hurt a Marine) it's too late to take it back.

I understand...no harm no foul....Also you cant hang somebody on hearsay....if the puppy was dead already and they did the video as a joke , they would only be guilty of being ****....not worthy of losing their balls over it.

It's just a shame that it was done in either of the 2 possibilities ...in a US Marines uniform...either killers needing severe punishment or jokesters needing just a good hand slap...that it was done in uniform is what makes it much worse for us proud americans.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited March 2008
    I heard an interview with the late Susan Sontag. During the interview she quoted someone that I forget now. But the quote said "That if you can imagine the most horrible tragedy possible, then it has already been done by humans"

WTF
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2008

I am ready to crucify this marine if he did what the video purports he did. I feel the same about the idiot who videoed the squirrel swatter, the idiots who put animals in microwaves, the idiots who set defenseless animals on fire, the idiots who participate, promote and finance dog fighting (can you say Michael Vick), the idiots who run over sick cattle with a forklift so the meat can be sold to school, etc…etc…etc….

I am not an animal activist and PETA is equally as bad on the other end of the spectrum.

I like animals and I understand their place in our world not only as co-inhabitants, companions and beasts of burden...but also as a food source. I think it has been proven time and time again...the way a person treats a helpless animal says very much about that person as a human being and relates to the way they treat other humans. We should strive to treat animals "humanely and ethically" as much as possible...but intentional mistreatment is wrong and should not be tolerated.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,601
    edited March 2008
    Do you think anyone would complain If I do a video of a marine
    throwing Hillary off of a cliff?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2008
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Do you think anyone would complain If I do a video of a marine
    throwing Hillary off of a cliff?
    Nope! And I think it'd be even better if it wasn't fake!

:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • c4kaboom
    c4kaboom Posts: 20
    edited March 2008
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Sucks he did do this in uniform and it is a disgrace to the uniform. The USMS is held to the utmost standards compared to other branches, I know from serving my short 8 yrs.

On another note, those that mention kicking the a$$,etc. I hope you're up for the challenge, even the most average Marine, as in a cook, is trained to kill, fight 1st........so good luck with that. God be with you if he's a grunt or Recon.

Dude better bring his best game if he is going to tangle with 4th RECON. HOOORAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. Semper Fi (67-71)
    RTi 12's main
    CSi5 Center
    Monitor 70's Surrounds
    PSW125 Sub
    Onkyo 805
    Fronts Adcom GFA 555 powered
    I/C's from the wall of Circuit City
    Wire by BlueJeans at $.65 per foot
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited March 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    The point is that if it's not a Marine or it doesn't serve some other agenda driven function, it's not "news". There's a lot of sick **** on the internet that most people will never hear about. The only reason people ran with this is because it's supposed to paint all Marines in a bad light, which is effin' ****.
    Agreed that it's big because it's Military.....but don't go blaming the media for distributing what the dumbshits videotaped themselves doing. Also, it's a lame to say that the intent is to put out there that "ALL MARINES" should be looked down on for what this guy did. Maybe I'm just of a higher intelligence to recognize a few bad seeds don't categorically ruin the entire branch of the military.
    For all we know he threw a stuffed animal off the cliff.
    Really? You believe that he happened to be carrying a stuffed dog with him on patrol and thought he would have someone video tape him throwing a stuffed animal? That's absolutely ignorant to believe, IMO.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »
    Agreed that it's big because it's Military.....but don't go blaming the media for distributing what the dumbshits videotaped themselves doing. Also, it's a lame to say that the intent is to put out there that "ALL MARINES" should be looked down on for what this guy did. Maybe I'm just of a higher intelligence to recognize a few bad seeds don't categorically ruin the entire branch of the military.

I'm asking for equal coverage, that's all. This is considered "news", but the good news you have to dig to try and find. That's wrong.

As far as intelligence, there are a lot of stupid people out there and the media counts on that when they run these types of stories. If you don't find it to be agenda driven, fine, but I do. I could deal with it if the Marine Puppy tossing stories were followed up with stories of guys like Capt. Scott Southworth.

The seriousness of the charge is far more important than the facts. Funny we're still wondering if it's real (which it probably is), but it's been a "news" story for well over a week.
  • brettw22
    edited March 2008
    Either way.......it wouldn't be a story if they hadn't opted to record themselves being idiots so the blame for this existing as a 'story' wholely lies on the soldiers that were involved IMO. The media wasn't out roaming around the desert looking for puppy tossing stories.........
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2008
    Throw mamma off a train.

And now:

Throw puppy off a cliff.

and up next:

Throw soldier in a brig.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    Either way.......it wouldn't be a story if they hadn't opted to record themselves being idiots so the blame for this existing as a 'story' wholely lies on the soldiers that were involved IMO. The media wasn't out roaming around the desert looking for puppy tossing stories.........

That first part is true, the latter I do wonder about sometimes. Good stories out of Iraq, no matter what they are, aren't anything the TV news media seems to be too interested in. :)
  • brettw22
    edited March 2008
    I guess I also don't understand the 'all media is out to slander the military' viewpoint......I see stories about returned soldiers and communities coming together to support soldiers all the time

Also, and this isn't intended to go 'there' but the people running that show do a lot of cheerleading about what's being done.....sometimes the news stories reflect that, and sometimes they don't but that doesn't mean that both are categorically slamming things entirely one way or the other......
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited March 2008
    c4kaboom wrote: »
    Dude better bring his best game if he is going to tangle with 4th RECON. HOOORAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. Semper Fi (67-71)

Semper Fi Devil Dog, Blood Makes Grass Greener. HOOOOORAHHHHH (95-02 1st MAR DIV)
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited March 2008
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Semper Fi Devil Dog, Blood Makes Grass Greener. HOOOOORAHHHHH (95-02 1st MAR DIV)

You guys are awesome. Keep kicking ****.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    I don't have any difficulty in seeing "positive" news stories coming out of Iraq/Afghanistan and I never get to see the news, Monday through Friday.

I don't have cable TV, so it might be a case of "Over the Air" broadcasts are friendlier, but I don't believe so.
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008

Really? You believe that he happened to be carrying a stuffed dog with him on patrol and thought he would have someone video tape him throwing a stuffed animal? That's absolutely ignorant to believe, IMO.....

Yeah, no-one ever makes hoax videos.:rolleyes:
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2008
    The video is real. People should be outraged that kid threw away a perfectly good meal.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2008
    PolkThug wrote: »
    The video is real. People should be outraged that kid threw away a perfectly good meal.

Hear Hear! ;)

In my few trips to China, you would see cats and dogs chained up outside little shops one day, the next, you'd be eating them.

While he was a dumbass for doing it in a Military Uniform, they are trained to kill... and probably do kill on a daily basis. It was an animal (If it was real or even alive) not a human. While he should be punished for not having a brain to do it in uniform, but who really gives a rat's **** anyways? It's a freakin' war zone over there... give them some credit for keeping the war on foreign soil, and not American ground... yet.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited March 2008
    I don't care if the guy is a Marine or a Crossing Guard. It is Animal Cruelty plain and simple. If it is found to be true (Which I think it is) the Corp will handle it. It would be one thing if the animal was dead but to throw a live animal off a cliff is just f-ing stupid.
    I would like to throw him off a cliff. The ****.

I am all for hearing some good stuff from Iraq but this country(USA) likes gore not fluff.

Not something we should be proud of.
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited March 2008
    So many things come to mind when you watch that video. And because im a nice guy I wont mention them.

I just hope he is dealt with properly.

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • HB27
    HB27 Posts: 1,518
    edited March 2008
    c4kaboom wrote: »

Wouldn't be 169th Artie Party would ya?
    HB
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2008
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D