Marine Throws Puppy Off Cliff

Shizelbs
Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Has anyone else seen this video? Anyone else had their stomach turn upside down afterwards?

Please someone tell me its not real.

I'm no crazy animal rights advocate, but its pretty upsetting.

I'd embed the video, but it likely would get pulled down, and its disturbing.

Its fake right?
Post edited by Shizelbs on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2008
    it appears legit, and it was on MS NBC yesterday (not that it means anything). The comment was MP is looking into it and will prosecute, the guy who did it is based out of Honolulu.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2008
    I guess his family lives not too far from me and they are getting all sorts of threats.
  • c4kaboom
    c4kaboom Posts: 20
    edited March 2008
    polkatese wrote: »
    it appears legit, and it was on MS NBC yesterday (not that it means anything). The comment was MP is looking into it and will prosecute, the guy who did it is based out of Honolulu.
    NBC equals Nothing But Clinton. Marines fight for peoples' freedom everyday, and die, and you hear nothing, zilch........Since the war began I have not heard one good thing the Marines have done in that country. We must have done one kind thing other than liberating approx. 40 million people. Let one Marine screw up and NBC is all over it like white on rice. Sometimes ya just can't win. Semper FI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it was fake there will be no retraction from the Nothing But Clinton network.
    RTi 12's main
    CSi5 Center
    Monitor 70's Surrounds
    PSW125 Sub
    Onkyo 805
    Fronts Adcom GFA 555 powered
    I/C's from the wall of Circuit City
    Wire by BlueJeans at $.65 per foot
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2008
    I can't believe any one could do that. I am so sad that this could be.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2008
    I don't care if it was the Pope doing it. Who throws a puppy like a baseball?
  • c4kaboom
    c4kaboom Posts: 20
    edited March 2008
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    I don't care if it was the Pope doing it. Who throws a puppy like a baseball?
    Sadam..... and kids too.
    RTi 12's main
    CSi5 Center
    Monitor 70's Surrounds
    PSW125 Sub
    Onkyo 805
    Fronts Adcom GFA 555 powered
    I/C's from the wall of Circuit City
    Wire by BlueJeans at $.65 per foot
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited March 2008
    The marine should be punished for disgracing the uniform. That being said, my cousin was out of his mind for a while after coming back from Iraq. He definitely had altered sensibilities. I'm not saying it's right, but one can only guess what that **** went through. (By **** I mean the guy in the video)
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited March 2008
    The guy in the background saying "that's mean" kind of giggles near the end of the video ...
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited March 2008
    ive read from a couple other sources that said claimed its very possible the puppy was already dead. its known to be a lot of dead stray dogs in iraq so itsa definitely possible. a friend of mine brought back a picture from falujah with a dead dog propped up smoking a cigarette. that dog was dead and so they were **** around. i agree it is still retarded and sick in a way BUT if the dog was dead already i see no real harm in it except theyre idiots
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited March 2008
    just to clarify though: if the dog was infact still alive..i would love to rip his balls off myself
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2008
    Regardless of the dog being alive or anything, its still a pretty shameful thing to do. The fact that it was done while in uniform makes it even worse.

Here's to still pulling for it being anything other than what it appears to be.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    Why is off the wall **** like this news, but the good these guys do as a collective unit going largely ignored?
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited March 2008
    just to clarify though: if the dog was infact still alive..i would love to rip his balls off myself

That would be the LEAST I would do to that SOB......as jaded as I am in having seen everything possible put forth on video...and I mean everything...I just can't bring myself to watch that particular video.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited March 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Why is off the wall **** like this news, but the good these guys do as a collective unit going largely ignored?

Because the media likes to sensationalize. I hear good things alot, but it's small news. I just heard about soldiers who are sending strays back home.

Look at this realistically. Combat soldiers are trained to kill. People. It's not exactly a job for the queasy. But they are reprogrammed, it's a necessity.

Some people don't have a love for animals.

I had a job where I killed things. ALOT of things. For human consumption. Spring, was a real ****. You desensitize.

This guy should get punished. No call for that.

And Sean, sometimes you ain't that funny...
  • HB27
    HB27 Posts: 1,518
    edited March 2008
    I do NOT condone cruelty to animals.

Until all the facts are in I will withhold judgement.

Until you've been in combat do not judge.

Until you walk in his shoes and know his mind. Do Not Judge.

Until you've tried to survive in a third world country do Not judge.

Hopefully you will not have a bad day in combat and be judged.

Semper Fi

HB
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2008
    It was more or less a rhetorical question. ;)
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2008
    If he did in fact kill that dog I would have zero problems with him being thrown off the same cliff. Actually make it a higher one so he can think about it for a while on his way down. I don't give a rat's **** who he is or what he's done, people like that don't deserve to breathe.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2008
    I am certain they are under stresses that I could never begin to imagine, but what they did is just plain wrong.

I've seen some pretty nasty, putrid, disgusting things in my career too, but even that video made me sick.
  • SolidSqual
    edited March 2008

Yup, NBC jumps on this but nothing good that they have done.
  • SolidSqual
    edited March 2008
    HB27 wrote: »
    I do NOT condone cruelty to animals.

Until all the facts are in I will withhold judgement.

Until you've been in combat do not judge.

Until you walk in his shoes and know his mind. Do Not Judge.

Until you've tried to survive in a third world country do Not judge.

Hopefully you will not have a bad day in combat and be judged.

Semper Fi

HB

My cousin was a marine who died in Iraq. He went on over 4 campaigns that I know of aside from his special forces work. He would have never killed a puppy. In fact, he tried to take one home from Iraq, but they caught him sneaking it on the plane. Stress or no stress, there needs to be a standard . . . for the military that standard is high . . . that dude didn't even try.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2008
    I am certain they are under stresses that I could never begin to imagine, but what they did is just plain wrong.

I've seen some pretty nasty, putrid, disgusting things in my career too, but even that video made me sick.

The point is that if it's not a Marine or it doesn't serve some other agenda driven function, it's not "news". There's a lot of sick **** on the internet that most people will never hear about. The only reason people ran with this is because it's supposed to paint all Marines in a bad light, which is effin' ****.

Furthermore, these things tend not to be true over time, and there's never any media follow up. I'm not saying it's real or fake, just that doing some actual JOURNALISM before running the story all over the wires might have helped just a tad.

It's never about the facts -- it's about the seriousness of the charge. Damage has been done, real or fake.
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2008
    1)The point is that if it's not a Marine or it doesn't serve some other agenda driven function, it's not "news". There's a lot of sick **** on the internet that most people will never hear about. The only reason people ran with this is because it's supposed to paint all Marines in a bad light, which is effin' ****.

2)Furthermore, these things tend not to be true over time, and there's never any media follow up. I'm not saying it's real or fake, just that doing some actual JOURNALISM before running the story all over the wires might have helped just a tad.

3)It's never about the facts -- it's about the seriousness of the charge. Damage has been done, real or fake.

1) I agree with you. What I find disgusting is the act. I would have posted this story had it been a group of chubby pharmacists throwing puppies. Now, that story likely would not have been spread all over the internet to get back to me, but thats another point. I agree with you. But for me, the fact that he is a Marine has nothing to do with it. Its a shame for Marines that this happened, but it did.

2) I agree with you.

3) Agreed. I'm sure Roger Clemens would agree too.
  • HB27
    HB27 Posts: 1,518
    edited March 2008
    I AM NOT DEFENDING HIS ACTIONS.

I'm saying I will wait until all the facts are in before I pass judgement. No matter how bad this looks he still has rights.

The U.S.M.C. has ways of dealing with behavior unbecoming to the Corps. Rest assured if guilty he will be punished beyond your expectations.

The U.S.M.C. takes a lot of stock in The Uniform Code of Military Justice. It will be adhered to.

If he's guilty without reason he should join the dog.

HB
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2008
    And the only reason I know about this story in the first place is that the family of the thrower lives about 10 minutes away from me. I read about it in our local paper.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2008
    1) I agree with you. What I find disgusting is the act. I would have posted this story had it been a group of chubby pharmacists throwing puppies. Now, that story likely would not have been spread all over the internet to get back to me, but thats another point. I agree with you. But for me, the fact that he is a Marine has nothing to do with it. Its a shame for Marines that this happened, but it did.

2) I agree with you.

3) Agreed. I'm sure Roger Clemens would agree too.

My post wasn't really directed at you so much as the media in general. Sorry! This was a wire story that started making the rounds heavily on Monday.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    Sal, I have to admit ..... you had me worried there for a second. I thought something bad was going to happen to that puppy.

Maybe the best thing that could have happened to that Marine that seemingly tossed that puppy was his buddy posting that video.

If that video is accurate, that Marine has a problem.

If he tossed the puppy because he was mad because he lost $10 the night before in a poker game, than he has a big problem. Probably had it when he joined.
    If he tossed the puppy because he was stressed because he lost a couple of buddies during his tour, and had their intestines blown all over his face by an IED, than he has a problem. Probably got that problem after he joined.

In any event, by having his problem revealed, maybe he'll get some help from the military.

The military is now, by news accounts, testing EVERY soldier coming back from Iraq/Afghanistan for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

IMO, that's a good thing. I don't see that as a slap at any soldier who's served but, rather, as a sign that the military is now trying to make sure every soldier who does come back, comes back in one piece .... and whole. As best they can.

Until the news media exposed the disgusting travesty at Walter Reed (amongst other military hospitals), it was all business as usual and the wounded were caring for each other as much as they were cared for.

The military brass knew it .... or should have.
    The hospital "administrators" knew it .... period.
    Congress knew it .... but the bottom line must be watched, and care costs.
    The wounded sure knew it ..... they were living it.

But until the news media exposed it, nothing was done.

Nothing.

So, IMO, let the facts be revealed, and deal with the facts.

If the truth has to be hidden, than something bigger is wrong.
    Sal Palooza
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited March 2008
    Sucks he did do this in uniform and it is a disgrace to the uniform. The USMC is held to the utmost standards compared to other branches, I know from serving my short 8 yrs.

On another note, those that mention kicking the guy's a$$,etc. I hope you're up for the challenge, even the most average Marine, as in a cook, is trained to kill, fight 1st........so good luck with that. God be with you if he's a grunt or Recon.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008

Bingo!!!!!

If in fact by some chance it was true,then that marine should be thrown off a bridge.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    Human beings are more important than animals not that that makes it right to kill an innocent animal for fun. No-one knows the truth on this matter and already people are ripping the soldiers balls off. Pfft, I'd like to see you try, that Marine would have your balls swinging from the nearest tree while drinking a beer.
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2008
    Bottom Line:
    The USA is the best country in the world and our military is also the best in the world. Not because of might, but because we rush to help anyone in the world that cannot help themselves. We protect helpless people and animals who would otherwise be threatened by man or nature. We are not perfect, but the closest thing to it on the planet. Risking their lives in sacrifice for others.

This marine, regardless of the circumstances, does not deserve to be a part of that team. Only a coward would do such a thing to a helpless creature, alive or dead. He should be dishonorably discharged and criminal charges brought against him.
    Venom