Interesting Article

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2008
    I just coughed a ketchup covered onion bit into my nasal cavity.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008
    The problem with a clique/cult is that when you blindly follow the pack...you lose an accurate perception of reality. So, the clique can believe in high priced speaker wires, magic capacitors, and other the burn-in of electronics. Makes no difference to me. I guess everyone lives in their own personal perception of reality. Enjoy yours.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    mmmmmmmmmm...onion bits...that's good eatin'.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2008
    rskarvan wrote: »
    The problem with a clique/cult is that when you blindly follow the pack...you lose an accurate perception of reality. So, the clique can believe in high priced speaker wires, magic capacitors, and other the burn-in of electronics. Makes no difference to me. I guess everyone lives in their own personal perception of reality. Enjoy yours.

My personal perception of you is that you out and out SUCK and always will! Once again you bring up your usual BS about blindly following a pack. If there is anyone who blindly follows a pack it is you and your union mentality. YOU SUCK!
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    Damnit, I'm out of popcorn.:mad:
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008

Ya know Ron, I don't follow the cult/clique here. That is obvious to anyone that has viewed the hall of shame. But I have tried and tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and look for the better side of you. But your recent behavior has been so pronounced that the good side has been clouded so much I can't see it anymore. The more you post your jackassery, the farther into the "dork" box you back yourself. You're digging a hole deeper and deeper and you are at a point now where even a friendly hand can't reach to help pull you out.

There is no group ganging up on you. It just seems like that because the most outspoken members are doing what they usually do and speak up against you. The only person here that has damaged you is you. You have alienated even your allies, the ones you knew you had and the ones you didn't know you had. People are avoiding you and they are starting to avoid this forum because they don't want to deal with you and the seeming influx of politically oriented posting and posturing. It has no place here. That goes for everyone, not just Ron.

Dude, I said it before and I'm saying it again. Give it a rest already. It's old. It's been old for a long time.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    The problem with a clique/cult is that when you blindly follow the pack...you lose an accurate perception of reality.
    Since the rest of your post here was obviously yet another attempt to stir the pot, I will leave it alone because as I've stated before I have had better conversations with my dog. She seems more intellectual.

Now, that which is in bold. Pot, kettle, black. Again. When are you going to learn? Are you capable of this? learning, that is.....

Once again I do not follow any pack, clique, cult, gang or following. I beat the drum to my own path and I make the decisions as to where I go, so you can take the "pack/gang" mentality and shove it where the sun don't shine.

My perception of reality is that you are a troubled individual who lost his wife and blames her. You have no friends here and you blame us. You belong to a psychopaths chat room and so far you haven't blamed them for your twisted views on reality, you blame your wife. It's fairly obvious to me that the accurate perception of reality is something you have a very hard time grasping.

Why you are still here is beyond me. That's my perception of reality.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited February 2008
    The problem with a clique/cult is that when you blindly follow the pack...you lose an accurate perception of reality.

Assuming that a clique or cult is not involved in any harmful, unlawful, or unethical activity, a loss of accurate perception is not necessarily a bad thing. For example, if someone likes an amp that overlays a caramel colored haze over the music, that's not accurate, but it's what the listener wants to hear. Tastes and personal preferences in music reproduction are just as subjective as tastes and personal preferences in food.

Often, when a person desperately wants to be included in a clique/cult and have been bitterly rejected, the rejectee looses an accurate perception of reality. For example, rather than moving on to a non-cliqueish/non-cultish environment, they continue to inject themselves into the clique's/cult's affairs and discussions, even though it has been made unequivocally clear that they are not welcome. Although the rejectee only receives negative attention from the clique/cult, this still affords the rejectee with some sense of "membership" and "belonging". The reaction is not unlike a scorned woman who continues to stalk and harass a man who has terminated their relationship and moved on with his life.
    So, the clique can believe in high priced speaker wires, magic capacitors, and other the burn-in of electronics. Makes no difference to me. I guess everyone lives in their own personal perception of reality. Enjoy yours.

If it really made no difference to you, you would not take such exception to the peceptions of others which do not agree yours. I do not think it is prudent, or wise, to look for absolute "accurate perception" when discussing a totally subjective endeavor like audio reproduction. We all hear things a little or a lot differently. Even if we heard things exactly the same, our brains would process the information differently based on our preferences and there would still be different perceptions of reality.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008
    F1Nut is a great big **** with a wart on the end.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    Cliff? Cliff? Are you there? Cliff?????
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • carpenter
    carpenter Posts: 362
    edited February 2008
    ... but, a lot of people believe that sex and the downfall of society are inter-related (Roman empire, etc). ...

When targeted at the main steam cavity, I'm pretty certain sex proved crucial to the very survival of society.
    "If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody **** Bank'"
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2008
    If it were only true....
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    Boy, if that was 'trying to get along' with people, I'd hate to see him try to make enemies.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    PhantomOG wrote: »
    If it were only true....

Exactly, people who actually leave don't leave big "Poor, Poor me, none of this is my fault" posts and then leave - They just leave. I expect he's looking for someone to beg him to stay.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited February 2008
    Ignore= the good stuff. I only see his gibberish when someone quotes him. So for the love of all of those that use their ignore feature to its fullest extent, please stop quoting him folks...you're just feeding the attention wh2re anyway.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • DarqueKnight
    edited February 2008
    And, I guess I just don't belong here. I don't think I'm the poorer for that. And, I wish this forum a warm farewell.

Goodbye.

Ron

Awwwwwww....awwwwwwwwww.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited February 2008
    F1nut...in a caramel colored haze and everything seems right in the world again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    Agreed.

I know that some of you like bickering with him, but is annoying and un-necessary & detracts from everyone else's enjoyment of this forum. So PLEASE just ignore him.

If all he has to address & talk to is himself, maybe he will buy a clue & go away. Or maybe drop dead, at this point I don't really care which!:rolleyes:
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Ignore= the good stuff. I only see his gibberish when someone quotes him. So for the love of all of those that use their ignore feature to its fullest extent, please stop quoting him folks...you're just feeding the attention wh2re anyway.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    Ya know... I can't catch a break here. I really can't. Yes, I ousted the TBT thread. And, that turned me into the anti-polkster. So, there you have it.

Ron , you were able to shut down TBT. A thread that has been here forever. It had thousands of post and nothing but a bunch of us hanging out sharing and laughing over pics. But your opinion was that it was offensive, thus you were able to shut it down. (How you were able to do that is still beyond me).

Took alot of fun from alot of people here.
    Since that event... I've been endlessly harassed by quite a few people. If I ignored it, it got worse. If I fought back, it got worse.

Yes, you are right, that was one reason things started against you. But can you blame people for disliking a person that was able to take away something they thought was fun?? Like your the adult here and we, who liked the TBT, were sinful chlildren.
    I think I've been a contributing member of this forum for about.... oh... at least a decade now. But, I can't catch a break to save my soul.

You have contributed alot. But when you start playing the parent role to a bunch of parents, it doesnt go over too well.

So, I have to ask myself why I continue to try to get along with folks here. It absolutely doesn't work. The folks on this forum went ape-**** over the loss of the TBT.

You deffended a guy (reberly) who was making smart **** coments to another member. How is that trying to get along????
    Everyone blames me... and, I guess that is ok. I'm not advocating the Bible and it's principals... but, a lot of people believe that sex and the downfall of society are inter-related (Roman empire, etc). Maybe the TBT thread and this forum is an example of this in some small micro-cosmic way. Perhaps my down-fall is just the clever social engineering of a few senior Polk Forum members.

Again you go and try to parent, parents.

Read alittle deeper into the fall of the Roman Impire and you will see that the USA and the Romans are not so much alike.
    Anyway... it doesn't matter. I first liked Polk Speakers when I first heard them in 1986. Then, I heard a great Krell/Thiel combo a few years later that I now own in my living room.

If I were to get you band because you prefer one peice of electronics over another, how would that look? How would you feel?

You shut a long time thread down, over personal opinions. If this train of power would run free, how many other post and thread would come to an end? How many topics would be shut down? How would personalities be discovered with in a group of people?
    Am I an audiophile... Yes. Am I part of the group here.... No. And, that is ok with me. I don't dislike anyone here on the forum. But, I also haven't heard anything that has pushed me to the next level beyond Krell/Thiel either.

What does this have to do with anything? Being part of a group you think is childish and sinners? Does it make you feel better hanging out with us?? Does it make you feel more powerful???
    Birds of a feather flock together.

We are a club arent we?
    And, I guess I just don't belong here. I don't think I'm the poorer for that. And, I wish this forum a warm farewell.

Goodbye.

Ron

We wish you well also Ron, good luck on your journeys...

Jake
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    One of these days I will realize that I'm
    beat_deadhorse.gif

Spankin' your **** ?

Poundin' your mule ?

Pokin' the ol' Palomino ?

Smacking Sea Biscuit ?

.....my fever that I've had for the past 3 days has finally dropped below the 100 degree mark today, so I'm medically authorized to be a moron.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

:o
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    ... but, a lot of people believe that sex and the downfall of society are inter-related (Roman empire, etc).

Perhaps if your parents had practiced a firmer belief in that creedo, then maybe, ............. we wouldn't be having this problem now, would we ?

HI........go take a nap !

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008

I'll agree with this. I blindly followed Doros advice to wear assless chaps where ever, when ever. I showed up at work one day and got some serious looks from everyone and couldn't for the life of me figure out why.

Effing Doro! Ban his ****!
    No excuses!
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited February 2008

Goodbye.

Ron

Holy ****, is he for real?? We can only hope... :rolleyes:
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • Strong Bad
    edited February 2008
    Everyone blames me... and, I guess that is ok. I'm not advocating the Bible and it's principals... but, a lot of people believe that sex and the downfall of society are inter-related (Roman empire, etc). Maybe the TBT thread and this forum is an example of this in some small micro-cosmic way. Perhaps my down-fall is just the clever social engineering of a few senior Polk Forum members.

I guess me and my stripclub endevours must rank real high in your world. :rolleyes: I'm going to bring this great nation to it's knees!

All of you shall bow to me soon enough!

Emperor Strong
    No excuses!
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    I was gonna respond , but if I do, I'll probably keep this debate going and that's NOT what I want.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    I'll agree with this. I blindly followed Doros advice to wear assless chaps where ever, when ever. I showed up at work one day and got some serious looks from everyone and couldn't for the life of me figure out why.

Effing Doro! Ban his ****!

You work in a strip club. Unless you didn't shave your butt hair, I really don't think there was a problem.

I'm calling shenanigans here!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    Wow!!

Let me go on record and say that I give it three days and he will be back.

Beyond that, I don't really care if he goes or if he stays. This is another case, where he injected himself into a situationt that didn't need his intervention.

Personally, the TBT, in and of itself....I could have cared less. What chapped me, and I think everyone else, is that I don't like someone else feeling like they have to be my moral compass. I also don't like people who tell me what I should or shouldn't think and if I do have a differing view, write it off as a character flaw.

Disagreements come and go. Hell, if anyone here should want to kick my ****, JStas and mantis should be first in line but I think we've let bygones be bygones. If you let the past be the past and press on as a singular human being, without a ton of pretense or trying to curry public opinion....things will work out and life goes on for everyone. Is that so difficult??

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • DarqueKnight
    edited February 2008
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Agreed.

I know that some of you like bickering with him, but is annoying and un-necessary & detracts from everyone else's enjoyment of this forum. So PLEASE just ignore him.

It's like a moth to a flame Cathy.:)
  • Strong Bad
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    Disagreements come and go. Hell, if anyone here should want to kick my ****.
    BDT

I had other plans for your ****, but you chose not to attend Polkfest.

Screw off buddy! ;)
    No excuses!
  • DarqueKnight
    edited February 2008
    Yes, I ousted the TBT thread. And, that turned me into the anti-polkster.

I'm all for letting people have their little delusions of grandeur, but I think the reality is that the TBT was getting a bit too risque for a general audience forum such at this one. It was just a matter of time before the the "suits" at Polk Inc. pulled the plug on the TBT. I think that the stylized whinings of Sona and Ron just helped speed up the inevitable. Indeed, some members have posted speculations on how long Polk was going to allow the TBT to go on, and surprise that it continued for as long as it did. Furthermore, some members seemed to relish the thought of "pushing the envelope" with their picture postings, thinking that the TBT was going to soon come crashing down, in flames, anyway.

Some things are only meant to be enjoyed for a season. Although, some insight can be gained from the fact that the TBT was not deleted altogether, but rather closed and removed from the mainstream forum. It is still available in vivid color for those who know where to look. Even more than that, the Internet is bursting at the seams with pictures of anything one would want to see. Therefore, I have trouble believing that forum members feel a great sense of "loss" due to the closing of the TBT.
    Yes, I ousted the TBT thread.

I know that this small "victory" over the clique/cult won't come anywhere near to healing your low self esteem due to

a) All the times no one picked you to play on their team...even though you had a new ball;

b) All the cute/pretty/hot girls who laughed at you when you asked for a date; and

c) All the times you had sand kicked in your face at the beach.

However, I hope that the illusion that you "stuck it to the team" gives you some measure of satisfaction as you go back to commiserate on the Yahoo "Psychopaths" forum.

Do you have anything to add? ~DK

biggrin.gif Uh...no. I think you pretty much covered everything. Thanks for asking.