Interesting Article

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 50,447
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
NM, probably too political for here. PM me if you want a copy.
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by F1nut on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2008
    It is so friggin obvious yet it takes a fearless professional "Top psychiatrist" to spell it out.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2008
    While I may agree with the esteemed doctor, I can imagine the flame throwers are being ignited right about now.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • reberly
    reberly Posts: 173
    edited February 2008
    Uh oh, I hope TroyD doesn't read your post F1nut. I was chastised earlier for not realizing Polk Audio forums are not the place for politics. I'm pretty sure he'll let you slid because of the amount of posts you have contributed to the community.

Here is TroyD's quote from ealier today, "Take the political horseshit someplace else. There are any number of political forums to accomodate you."
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Polk LSi15 , LSiC, LSiFX
    Parasound Halo A52
    Panasonic 42'' Plasma
    Oppo BDP-83
    Sonos
    Panamax 4300
    Audioquest cables
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    reberly wrote: »
    Uh oh, I hope TroyD doesn't read your post F1nut. I was chastised earlier for not realizing Polk Audio forums are not the place for politics. I'm pretty sure he'll let you slid because of the amount of posts you have contributed to the community.

Here is TroyD's quote from ealier today, "Take the political horseshit someplace else. There are any number of political forums to accomodate you."

There is quite a difference between the article that he posted and this:
    Should the Gov't step in to help the poor souls that just had to buy that HD DVD before the HD media war picked a clear winner? Of course not... Nor should they help the homeowner who did no homework and overbought a house with zero money down on an negative ammortized loan that can not pay their mortgage. Ooops sorry to bring politics into the discussion.

While F1's article was posted in jest (maybe) :D , you post with intent to stir the pot, and that is were I at least draw the line. I found the article funny, while I found your post as nothing more than an attempt to derail a thread with political crap. I'm also pretty sorry you weren't sorry about "bringing politics into the discussion" either, but what do I know....If this guy is going to stay around, can we change his name to RonJR. or something?
  • F1nut
    edited February 2008
    I'm pretty sure he'll let you slid because of the amount of posts you have contributed to the community.

No, that's not it. He'll let it slide (:rolleyes:) if he ever wants to stay at the Hotel V again. :D

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• reberly
    edited February 2008
    You all are great. I love you all. I'm going to go find a political forum and speak of nothing but polk audio equipment and see what the response is like. How confused they will be when every post I make will be in reference to crossover frequencies, db's or if a coat hanger is indeed a good substitute for speaker wire.
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Polk LSi15 , LSiC, LSiFX
    Parasound Halo A52
    Panasonic 42'' Plasma
    Oppo BDP-83
    Sonos
    Panamax 4300
    Audioquest cables
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    You all are great. I love you all. I'm going to go find a political forum and speak of nothing but polk audio equipment and see what the response is like. How confused they will be when every post I make will be in reference to crossover frequencies, db's or if a coat hanger is indeed a good substitute for speaker wire.

spins.jpg
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2008
    The South is rising Again.

One ****, One Bowl, One Flush.

RT1
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008

What are you, six years old?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    reberly wrote:

What a ****. :rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    OMG! I thought I would give this guy the benefit of the doubt in the rebate thread. But he just got added to my ignore list for his idiocy in this one!

Bye Bye Reb!:rolleyes:
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2008
    Where do we find these people?
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited February 2008
    spins.jpg

Hahahah, thanks Bill. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008

Let me help you out here.

Ok, if you want to throw me under a speeding bus.......soliciting the help of one of my best friends is probably the wrong place to start.

Rskaravan, CL35, Yashu....now, those guys would probably give you a hand.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008

Ok, I vote this **** off the island!

Tribal Counsel, what say you?
    No excuses!
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited February 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Ok, I vote this **** off the island!

Tribal Counsel, what say you?

seconded!
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • reberly
    edited February 2008
    Oddly we all got along great when I joined this forum 3 months ago. I appreciated a few of the very same people in this thread that gave me technical advice as I was setting up my first HT system.

What are you all doing? Please don't take yourselves so seriously. I made 60 prior posts that were socially acceptable so if I make a few posts that don't agree with you 100% you'll just have to grow up and deal with it.

I made two posts that had a political connotation not to insight controversy and not to break some rules I had never seen before but because that is simply how my brain works. I realize now it would have been a lot more fun to you guys to answer the "what are you doing with your $600" question by stating I was going to Vegas, buying some blow and hiring a hooker. Or whatever answer would make me seem popular in your circle of friends.

Considering I mistakingly made two political posts, that I doubt the moderators give much thought two, I will be around for awhile as I continue to build my HT system and come to this forum for sound technical advice. It would be an honor to be on any of your "ignore" lists because I am here to get technical advice and not be your chat buddy.
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Polk LSi15 , LSiC, LSiFX
    Parasound Halo A52
    Panasonic 42'' Plasma
    Oppo BDP-83
    Sonos
    Panamax 4300
    Audioquest cables
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    spins.jpg

That brought me to tears!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2008
    Oddly we all got along great when I joined this forum 3 months ago. I appreciated a few of the very same people in this thread that gave me technical advice as I was setting up my first HT system.

What are you all doing? Please don't take yourselves so seriously. I made 60 prior posts that were socially acceptable so if I make a few posts that don't agree with you 100% you'll just have to grow up and deal with it.

I made two posts that had a political connotation not to insight controversy and not to break some rules I had never seen before but because that is simply how my brain works. I realize now it would have been a lot more fun to you guys to answer the "what are you doing with your $600" question by stating I was going to Vegas, buying some blow and hiring a hooker. Or whatever answer would make me seem popular in your circle of friends.

Considering I mistakingly made two political posts, that I doubt the moderators give much thought two, I will be around for awhile as I continue to build my HT system and come to this forum for sound technical advice. It would be an honor to be on any of your "ignore" lists because I am here to get technical advice and not be your chat buddy.

Good job!
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    My take is this...if you had posted, I don't agree with the rebate and I'm going to give it back or what have you, ok, fine. You had to invoke the political aspect of it (I mean, this is being passed by a Democratic congress so there aren't any clean hands) in a fairly inflammatory fashion. That sort of horseshit always invites discord.

Now, had you taken the point and moved on, no problem. However, you chose to escalate it a bit and even carry it into a different thread. If you want to take potshots at me, bombs away. However, it's not likely to endear you to a lot of people around here (and not because I'm a beloved character, either).

That said, shake it off and let it go and you will get along fine. If you keep picking at it, nothing good can come of it.

Lastly, this forum tends to operate without a ton of moderator intervention so if you are waiting for a mod to chime in, that will usually happen about the time you get banned.

BDT
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    My take is this...if you had posted, I don't agree with the rebate and I'm going to give it back or what have you, ok, fine. You had to invoke the political aspect of it (I mean, this is being passed by a Democratic congress so there aren't any clean hands) in a fairly inflammatory fashion. That sort of horseshit always invites discord.

Now, had you taken the point and moved on, no problem. However, you chose to escalate it a bit and even carry it into a different thread. If you want to take potshots at me, bombs away. However, it's not likely to endear you to a lot of people around here (and not because I'm a beloved character, either).

That said, shake it off and let it go and you will get along fine. If you keep picking at it, nothing good can come of it.

Lastly, this forum tends to operate without a ton of moderator intervention so if you are waiting for a mod to chime in, that will usually happen about the time you get banned.

BDT

This is some very, very good and helpful advice. It would behoove you reberly or whatever you like to call yourself to heed Troy's friendly counsel.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008
    Reberly... your posts are absolutely fine. You can ignore the veil threats of "getting banned" from TroyD. Please don't allow him to infringe upon your free speech. Some people just can't get over the fact that they don't rule the roost.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    Ron, dont' you have anything better to do with your time than think of snide remarks to make towards a community you openly hate?

Also, free speech doesn't apply on a private forum.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    Ron,

I'm not threatening anyone with being banned. Reberly alluded to the moderators intervening, and that doesn't happen until a banning is imminent. I'm actually trying to prevent such a case.

BDT
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Ron, don't' you have anything better to do with your time than think of snide remarks to make towards a community that openly hates you?
    Here you go Mr. Bobman, I corrected it for you. ;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008
    My apologies TroyD. It disturbs me that anyone (especially, anyone new) has to censor their expression because others dislike their posts. While this is a private forum, we all must live and let live (freedom). The only time censorship is needed is when views are openly hateful and/or obscene - which, I have found by experience, is often the case.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    rskarvan wrote: »
    The only time censorship is needed is when views are openly hateful and/or obscene - which, I have found by experience, is often the case.
    For example, when we saw images of you last week.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    rskarvan wrote: »
    My apologies TroyD. It disturbs me that anyone (especially, anyone new) has to censor their expression because others dislike their posts. While this is a private forum, we all must live and let live (freedom). The only time censorship is needed is when views are openly hateful and/or obscene - which, I have found by experience, is often the case.

Ron,

It has nothing to do with what I like, personally, I say have at it. However, we all know that political discussions such as that are counterproductive and I figured that I'd just set the record straight.

In your case, you are laying in the bed you made. Enjoy.

BDT
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Ron, it's amazing how your psychotic dual personality is. You are the one who shows hate, taunts, ridicules, and stabs members continually. You poke, prod, troll, derail threads, continually take jabs at members and post usually meaningless, taunting comments and spew them all over this forum.

All anyone has to do is look at your post history.

Then when someone strikes back at you, all of a sudden you take the high road. Ron, the almighty [fill in the curse word or adjective of choice here] hypocrite.

Words can not describe how badly you are thought of here at this forum. This is not from me, but from many members that hang in this forum......and before you think it, let me "predict" what your next move is. You are going to play the "gang" card. Oh that's right, we "gang" up on you and that's not fair and the moderators need to do their job and I need to be banned because I got personal and I "attacked" you on a private/public forum. Call the fookin' WHAAAAAAmbulance. You earned it, deal with it.

There are at least 50 posts made recently that I can reference to where you publicly "attacked" members of this forum as you sit here and play the "victim" card.

Of course, we have been over this time and time again. One of these days I will realize that I'm
    beat_deadhorse.gif
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    edited February 2008
    Here, here!

President of Club Polk