$6 million home theatre

13»

Comments

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2008
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    I don't know. The subs look a lot like stacked Cerwin Vegas to me. I'm starting to think less and less of this guy's system the more I think (and look) at it.

Why not get 6 Wilson whatevers, put some sweet mono blocks on them, hide them strategically, pimp out the room with some recliners and nice effects, and calling it a day for about $500K? Look better, sound just as good (I think), and be a little more efficient use of all that mullah.

It would probably sound a lot better. That room is a nightmare.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Well, he should enjoy while he can. The guy has his own SUB-STATION, so, the brain tumors will be showing up pretty soon.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    You guys and girls are a rough crowd. If we knew him, followed his journey and he was a member here at CP, I doubt such negative comments would be slung.

Everybody has their own taste as to what the ultimate HT rig would be. I can say that his tastes do not match mine and that I would have done things differently. Bigger room to start with, amps recessed into the floor with cooling system.......and I could go on and on but damn, these are his tastes.

Can we not start dogging folks like this and just appreciate the fact that he has the means to put together a system that ***dare I say*** probably blows all the HT systems we have on this forum? [Subjective, I know] I just find it funny that when someone we don't know, who has a nice rig, that we would feel free to bash and down what he has.

If I had six million dollars to blow on audio I sure as hell wouldn't hesitate to blow the dough. I have a passion [though not that rich] for great sound. Someone had mentioned that he should be ashamed? Why? Because he has a passion for music? Whatever.

Personally, I'd love to hear it.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2008
    Looks like a horrible design when you have to step over tube amps to get to your seats. Raise the floor up three feet and put them beneath.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited February 2008
    I wonder how it would sound if he used SRT speakers.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    You guys and girls are a rough crowd. If we knew him, followed his journey and he was a member here at CP, I doubt such negative comments would be slung.

But he not so he sucks, and if he was I think he would have some killer Polks in there. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited February 2008
    i would just sell the whole thing for 5.9 million and buy a receiver and pair of speakers and keep the rest
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited February 2008
    Face wrote: »
    I would leave a stain on the couch.

White, Yellow, or Brown?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited February 2008
    I'd rather have a theme room then have that ugly **** room. That room is designed for us totally gear head people.

Insane.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited February 2008
    holy mother of god....nice rigs...but he needs exercise equipment and also imagine the heat generated by all the equipments....
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    If I won $200M in Powerball, I might do something like contract Tom Schultz, give him a blank check and say 'hook me up'. But I would also point to this guy and say 'Dont do THAT!'
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!