Superbowl XXXXII

halo
halo Posts: 5,616
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Who'd a thunk it'd be the NY Football Giants taking on the Pats?

As a life long Bears fan I'm glad the Pack was defeated :)

I don't care much for the Pats myself so I'll be rooting for the Giants even though I don't think they have a chance.

GO GIANTS!!!
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
Post edited by halo on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    Big EFF the Giants, I hate them almost as much as the Cowgirls!!!

I'd rather see the cheating Pats kick the **** out of them.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited January 2008
    Same here,Pack played like sh@t tonight.Comes down to who I like the least,so I'll go with the Giants and hope that Brady really sucks that night.....not likely.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
  • jephdood
    jephdood Posts: 1,671
    edited January 2008
    super_bowl_xlii_300x180.gif
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,674
    edited January 2008
    Somewhere in the 3d quarter, I think Brett must have taken a shot that gave him a mild concussion.

That's my only explanation for how the Pack started playing Rams-like predictable, pathetic ball.

:confused:
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    I still hate the Giants! Lucky bastages.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited January 2008
    AFC game was awesome. I think it was a great geame. the NFC game was sloppy. Green Bay desired to lose that one. The Giants however almost self destructed a few times.

I don't think they can beat the Pats. No way.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    I hate the giants but hate the pats soooo much more so i will root for the giants
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,691
    edited January 2008
    Maybe a halfway-decent Sooperbol this year?

I'd have liked to see Green Bay vs. NE, though...
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    Haha, haters.

Can't believe Favre and the Pack choked like they did. So many opportunities and they just kept blowing them. Favre looking like '05 and '06 Favre all over again.

Pats didn't play that great either - 3 picks for Brady??! - but somehow won. We'll see in 2 weeks.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited January 2008
    ...just another game. Nothing to see here.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2008
    Yep, as far as I'm concerned we're all undefeated again in 2 weeks.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited January 2008
    being a redskin fan,i cant stand the giants. but im going to have to root for them in two weeks. someone has to knock off the pats
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited January 2008
    I want to see The Patriots win now just for the perfect season aspect.

Eli has already shown that he has it in him to get to a Super Bowl. If he wins it, awesome. If he doesn't, I'm positive he'll get there again.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited January 2008
    This is going to be a horrid SB
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2008
    This is going to be a horrid SB

Horridly AWESOME.

It does suck for a lot of the country - two teams that people love to hate. At least if it was Patriots / Packers most of the country (aside from Chicago and Minnesota fans) can root for the Pack without having a bad taste in their mouth.

I feel especially bad for Cowboys fans, you guys legitimately hate the Giants and most seem to hate the Pats too.
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 931
    edited January 2008
    Go Detroit Lions!!!! Oh, sorry.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited January 2008
    Dont get me wrong

I like the Patriots

But the Pats are so much better than all of the NFC teams... and most of the AFC teams

Its just a no brainer that is bores me...

Maybe the half time show will be decent... maybe
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2008
    That week 17 game against the Giants was a GREAT game, so it could be a really exciting Super Bowl.

I almost hope NOT, but... it COULD be. :)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited January 2008
    Why is anyone surprised @ how BAD the Packers played? In the freezing cold weather they absolutely SUCK. The Bears DESTROYED them in the windy city when it was FREEZING. Farve can't handle EXTREEME cold IMO. Not this year anyway. I knew they were doomed before the game started. I hate the Packers. I don't like Manning or Coughlin but I really don't like the Pats. Its a lesser of two evils thing for me. I'm rooting for the Giants.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited January 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    it could be a really exciting Super Bowl.

I have to agree. I wanted GB go to the bowl from the NFC, but I think the Giants are the only team that has a shot at beating the Pats. Away from the Meadowlands, the Giants are a dangerous team to their opponents.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Lucky bastages!
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    First, I was rooting for the Cowboys, then the Packers. Unfortunately, It didn't pan out.
    The thought of the Pat's LOSING to someone named 'Manning' or a NY team, UGH!
    That's about as scary as a prostate exam by FREDDIE KRUGER!!!
    The Pat's are gonna have to play PERFECTLY in 2 weeks to beat the Giants!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Jstas
    edited January 2008
    I can't say I hate either team. I don't really like either team though. Being a Cowboys fan though, I was disappointed in the loss because I honestly felt that the Cowboys outplayed the Giants. They lost on penalties. Something like 9 penalties for over 100 yards or something? That right there is enough yardage for at least a field goal if not a touchdown and that would have made the difference. The only thing the Giants did better than the Cowboys in that game was to commit less penalties with lesser consequences.

As far as the Pats beating the Giants, I think it's a sure thing. I'm not betting anything 'cause I would just jinx whomever I put money down on but I don't think the Giants are the only team in the NFC that can beat the Pats. I think Dallas had a hell of a chance because their game was Dallas' first loss and that game was closer than the score showed. I think the Packers could have beaten the Pats too because Favre's passing game is brutal and since they finally got a running game with Grant, they could have done some damage to the Pats. If Favre didn't throw any picks, The pack had a chance at beating The Pats. I think Philly could have beaten The Pats too because out of all the NFC teams The Pats faced in the regular season, the Eagles were the only ones that had them legitimately beat and lost it because of a stupid mistake. The Pats got lucky and bailed themselves out of a trap game. Out of all the top NFC teams, I think the Giants have the lowest chance of beating The Pats. They are young but they only just started clicking at the end of the season. The don't have the experience and the talent is deep but again, it lacks experience. Don't get me wrong, the Giants are destined for great things as are Philly and the 'Skins but a Super Bowl this year? I don't think so.

Now next year, if Philly gets their act together and both The 'Skins and The Giants can get healthy, Dallas is going to have to fight for the top spot instead of just walking away with it again. If Favre comes back next year, I think there is a good chance we'll see Tampa Bay, Green Bay and all of the NFC East in the playoffs. If Moss goes to Jacksonville with his free agency, I think the AFC is going to be quite interesting next year too. This year started out as a weird season with lots of promises for exciting stuff and quickly degraded with two dominant front runners in both conferences. Who could have seen this outcome? This was an interesting year and next year is shaping up to be even more interesting.

BTW, watch Wade Phillps. If the Cowboys screw up another playoff run like that, I'm betting you're gonna see Jason Garrett as The 'boys head coach at the end of the season next year.

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2008
    Everyone thought it was a sure thing that the Giants would have been toast a month ago ...

On the other hand while probably not the best team ... the Giants are what ? 12 and 1 on the road this year ? ... That qualifies them as being at least the 2nd best road team and while not meaning anything to them overall they played the Pats pretty tough until the middle of the 4th quarter the last time around ...
  • Jstas
    edited January 2008
    Everyone thought it was a sure thing that the Giants would have been toast a month ago ...

On the other hand while probably not the best team ... the Giants are what ? 12 and 1 on the road this year ?...

But The Pats are what, 18-0 right now? That holds more weight IMO, especially since an "almost lost to the Giants" still counts as a win. Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2008
    No argument ... I wasn't meaning to suggest that the G's would necessarily win nor that it'll even be a good game ... SuperBore's usually aren't ...

All I know is like the last bunch of playoff games ... it ain't over til it is ...

Besides ... Boston has won enough stuff this year already ... :D
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited January 2008
    Pats all the way. I hate Tom Brady, but to see them go all the way undefeated would be a sports fans dream. As much as I don't like them, they're good.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2008
    It would have been great to have a Packers vs Patriots game. Farve vs Brady, it could have been classic. Unfortunately, the Packers wanted the Giants to win very badly. And the Giants couldn't do it with their first two chances at the game winning field goal.

Back in Green Bay, this Packers fan was sick to see the Farve interception, and the Giants finally convert a field goal.
    Carl

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2008
    Atleast the Ravens got a new coach. I like the choice. I'm hoping they get Rex Ryan back for the D Coordinator.

I'm hoping for the big upset. Go Giants!
    No excuses!