Sona Delivers the Goods… (of the baked variety)

13»

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    Ah,,,
    them all, let god sort em out:rolleyes:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Damn dude...well said. Try going to your bosses boss and bitching about something that you havent even approached him/her with...see how far that will get you in life.

halo wrote: »
    Wrong answer. "Report this post" is Justin's territory. Going above Justin's head (big, fat, no no!) is how Polk management gets involved.

Get it through your heads people...

Being PC is all about pleasing everyone and offending no one. This is simply not possible.

You can please some of the people some of the time but you can not please all of the people all of the time.

If you don't understand the last statement re-read it until you do. Still no joy? Then move on out because you don't belong on the planet earth.

You are happy those threads are gone. I am not. Guess that means you deserve to be happy and I don't? What a pant load.

Grow a spine. Quit sniveling. Change the channel. Turn the page. Close the book.

How about a stupid little pc disclaimer "if this thread disturbs you, look away". Do we honestly need that because you people have the inability to do this on your own???

If you don't like it - thats fine - move on and let those that do enjoy it be happy. I'm not here to hold your hand or make you feel good about yourself. I don't feel the need to agree with everyone when it suits me and try to close threads or have people banned when it doesn't.

Go on and believe it if it makes you feel better. I'd say it ain't the case but I know your warped twisted little mind can not / will not accept the truth in any given situation.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    TroyD,

"Taxation without representation" is really about "power and control of the masses".
    I will agree that its probably a poor analogy.

Do you always try to throw the baby out with the bath-water?

I'd like to make a truce (for the common good)... but, its difficult to do when the "other party" constantly refers to you as a rat, chump, etc.

Ron

It IS a poor analogy because your quote references the notion that the majority should have the right to manifest self destiny. YOUR actions ran completely counter to that. YOU wanted the voice of one (yours, Sona while not liking the thread didn't rat anyone out) to overrule the majority.

You can take your truce and stick it where the sun don't shine with a candle on it. Not only are you a hypocrite but you are also a fraud. You didn't even have the testicular fortitude to come forth and admit that it was YOU who blew the whistle, you were more than happy to let someone else take the brunt of the abuse.

Rat. Perfect description.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    OK, here's a twist for the three knuckleheads...

I'm offended with this thread. It has undertones of a pie being not what you eat at the dinner table as desert. [except for a select few ;)] **clears throat** Now my plan of action is to notify Justin, then Polk Management and then threaten a lawsuit because I am offended.

I should not care one bit about the other members on this board that happen to like this thread [3 members :rolleyes:]. Because it's all about ME and I'm such a loser that apparently doesn't have the god given ability to just NOT click on this thread like any person who has graduated the third grade can and has the ability to do.

Now excuse me, I'm off to go report this thread I find so offensive.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    Wrong answer. "Report this post" is Justin's territory. Going above Justin's head (big, fat, no no!) is how Polk management gets involved.

You see that little Telephone at the top of the page that says... "Contact".
    That is the little utility that I used to get my message about the TBT thread to Polk Management. If Polk Management didn't want accessibility from their consumers, they wouldn't put the little telephone icon at the top of the page.

I do believe in addressing issues via the established hierarchy.
    First, I hit the "report post" button and was ignored by Justin.
    Then, I tried to PM Justin and that went unanswered.
    Then, I posted a complaint in the TBT thread addressed to Polk Mgt - in an attempt to get Justin's attention.

Finally, I used the little phone icon (twice) to get my message to Polk Management that Justin wasn't addressing issues in the Polk Forum that required being addressed - because women were complaining about the presence of sexually offensive material on the website.

Lots of things could have been done differently. But, the TBT thread did have to come down - since a woman was complaining. I stand resolved on that matter - regardless of how many will complain about free speech.

Ron

PS The herd has <once again> circled to defend their leader.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    But, the TBT thread did have to come down - since a woman was complaining.
    I'm complaining about your actions. I'm a woman. You should go down. :D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    There's a reason most people have added him to their ignore lists - he doesn't get it, and never will. You guys are wasting your breath. Might as well have tried to convince Hitler that Jews were fine people.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    Justin works for Polk, He can administer these threads, in my opinion he is management!

Halo you need to get it through YOUR thick skull that this is a privately owned board that you just have the pleasure of posting at. YOU DON'T MAKE THE RULES!

Polk made the decision to remove all the tasteless useless threads that had the potential of offending any number of people. And that might reflect badly on THEIR reputation.

There are PLENTY of other places for you to go look at ****. GO THERE! It doesn't belong here, it never did, & now it is no longer allowed. GET THE F OVER IT! Grow a spine. Quit sniveling. Change the channel. Turn the page. Close the book.

The board has changed, the demographics are changing. Hell the WORLD IS CHANGING! Adapt NEANDERTHAL or get out!

Get it through your heads people...

Being PC is all about pleasing everyone and offending no one. This is simply not possible.

You can please some of the people some of the time but you can not please all of the people all of the time.

If you don't understand the last statement re-read it until you do. Still no joy? Then move on out because you don't belong on the planet earth.

You are happy those threads are gone. I am not. Guess that means you deserve to be happy and I don't? What a pant load.

Grow a spine. Quit sniveling. Change the channel. Turn the page. Close the book.

How about a stupid little pc disclaimer "if this thread disturbs you, look away". Do we honestly need that because you people have the inability to do this on your own???

If you don't like it - thats fine - move on and let those that do enjoy it be happy. I'm not here to hold your hand or make you feel good about yourself. I don't feel the need to agree with everyone when it suits me and try to close threads or have people banned when it doesn't.

Go on and believe it if it makes you feel better. I'd say it ain't the case but I know your warped twisted little mind can not / will not accept the truth in any given situation.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2007
    FYI - based on comments noticed in posts from those I don't have on ignore .... I'm getting a good laugh on the IP address and privacy issues. If you post on any web forum, then it's not even remotely close to rocket science to scrape your IP address, internet routing, origin ISP, and even 90% of the time get right to the geographic neighborhood your computer is currently connected to. It's a basic principle of internet forensics. You don't need any information from the website. Thank the government for making sure this capability is baked into the pie :cool:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    You see that little Telephone at the top of the page that says... "Contact".
    That is the little utility that I used to get my message about the TBT thread to Polk Management. If Polk Management didn't want accessibility from their consumers, they wouldn't put the little telephone icon at the top of the page.

I do believe in addressing issues via the established hierarchy.
    First, I hit the "report post" button and was ignored by Justin.
    Then, I tried to PM Justin and that went unanswered.
    Then, I posted a complaint in the TBT thread addressed to Polk Mgt - in an attempt to get Justin's attention.

Finally, I used the little phone icon (twice) to get my message to Polk Management that Justin wasn't addressing issues in the Polk Forum that required being addressed - because women were complaining about the presence of sexually offensive material on the website.

Lots of things could have been done differently. But, the TBT thread did have to come down - since a woman was complaining. I stand resolved on that matter - regardless of how many will complain about free speech.

Ron

PS The herd has <once again> circled to defend their leader.
    Allow me to burst your bubble. Jusin is a busy guy.

You may think he is / was ignoring you but he has a legitimate job to do and it involves way more than the Club Polk Forum. I've contacted him before and sometimes it takes a while for him to respond. You jumped the gun and you know it.

As for the standing up for a woman thing you are a liar. Its been shown how you really regard women.

If this forum and its members upset you so much then go somewhere else. Stay and you are going to get what you deserve. You might not like it. Then again you are constantly flip flopping. You might actually enjoy this stuff.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited December 2007
    Ron,

I'm not one of the herd per se ... So I guess it's time to be heard ...

You ought to consider why it is you come to this forum ...

If it's to talk audio then fine do so ...

If not then fine do so ... elsewhere ...
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I'm complaining about your actions. I'm a woman. You should go down. :D

Are you really a woman? 'Cause if not, I think my sensibilities will have to complain 'cause they'd be offended. Me, personally, I don't mind at all. Although my perverted mind is finding humor in the fact that you have stated that you are complaining about his actions and that you are a woman and you want him to "go down".

I will now go off and start snickering like Beavis and Butthead at that.

Heh, heh...he...uhhh...she...uhhh...crap! It said "go down"...heh, heh!

Carry on.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    But, the TBT thread did have to come down - since a woman was complaining.
    Are you **** kidding me ?

Re-read that statement a few times and if you honestly believe that ...I mean truely believe that.....you need somebody to remind you what those foreign objects are dangling between your legs. The world would grind to a halt RIGHT NOW if that statement was the case
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    I'm sorry... but, I would never advise anyone to just "let her house go to foreclosure".
    And, if I offended Wingnut (which, I don't think that I did), I have already apologized.
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited December 2007
    Allow me to burst your bubble. Jusin is a busy guy.

You may think he is / was ignoring you but he has a legitimate job to do and it involves way more than the Club Polk Forum....

Ding ding ding!!! Tell 'em what he's won Johnny....

~J

Justin points over there: "Look, new stuff on eBay!"
    P.S. Anyone know of a web developer looking for work?
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited December 2007
    And I'm closing this. Stop fighting about the same damn thing. You all have ignore buttons, I suggest you use it.

~J
This discussion has been closed.