Sona Delivers the Goods… (of the baked variety)

strider
strider Posts: 2,568
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
You made your own crust, kudos to you. That's the hardest part about making a pie, IMO.

You've got a sense of humor. More kudos to you.
Wristwatch--->Crisco
Post edited by strider on

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    Good review,,,and sense of humor :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    doesnt look too bad. filling's a little runny as you said, but the meringue part looked spot on to me.

I say forget the cherry with canned filling and go blueberry (real easy to make fresh filling with blueberries)

pie is good, no matter how you slice it (budump bump...tssssss)

if my hornbreaking can benefit your family with good pie, then it was all worth it :)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited December 2007
    Never really liked meringue but the blueberry.............
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited December 2007
    Mmmmmmmm...pie.:)
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2007
    Pies live and die by their crust. Master that first.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Pies live and die by their crust. Master that first.

Agreed. I will do the rest of a pie from scratch, and cheat on the crust:)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2007
    "Let them eat cake."
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    Buy a can of Crisco & follow directions on the label. Perfect crust everytime!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Did Ron contribute to the baking of this pie?
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007

now, now.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »

I have tried numerous times. Chilled the bowl, water, but its hit or miss with me. With all the mess, and my hit or miss I would rather spend more time making the main coarse that precedes the pie;) If mom is around she can make a perfect crust nearly every time. I might as well stick a fork in my eye:eek:

A Happy New Year Cathy for you and your family!
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited December 2007
    Sona, you're allright.:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2007
    And its threads like this that remove people from the ignore list. Welcome back to the forum (well from my login anyway)....

Michael

BTW - Next Polkfest - you bring the dessert.
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »

Yep !

Zactly....!!

Still a pian in the.....if your not skilled at the art of crust making
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    halo wrote: »
    now, now.

Alright alright, I'll bite(no pun intended, I'm not a lemon person)

Down to 1 on my ignore list.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    LOL! It must be a Mom thing then because just like your's my Mom nailed it everytime!

Thank you Ben. & a very Happy New Year to you & yours as well.:)

ben62670 wrote: »
    I have tried numerous times. Chilled the bowl, water, but its hit or miss with me. With all the mess, and my hit or miss I would rather spend more time making the main coarse that precedes the pie;) If mom is around she can make a perfect crust nearly every time. I might as well stick a fork in my eye:eek:

A Happy New Year Cathy for you and your family!
    Ben
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2007

Ron hasn't been around. Could be the filling for all we know. :eek:
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    I'm told that Jonathon Apples make the best Apple Pie.
  • madmax
    edited December 2007
    Whew... That wasn't him in the filling.

• BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    Whew... That wasn't him in the filling.

EDITED FOR PC. Some found it funny, others didn't.
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    Unreal.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • madmax
    edited December 2007
    Talk about political incorrectness.
    madmax

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    Sona, you're allright.:D

That's because her agenda has been met. Wait till she's unhappy with something else. :rolleyes:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2007
    Nice pie Sona! You've got a great sense of humor!

I hope that you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Did you get any tunes for Christmas?:)
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Face wrote: »
    That's because her agenda has been met. Wait till she's unhappy with something else. :rolleyes:

There is good reason for the ignore feature.
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    There is good reason for the igonor feature.

Igonore?? Put the bottle down...and step away!
    Go to bed Joe.;)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,444
    edited December 2007
    Originally Posted by Sona
    Please kill these threads.

Are these tasteful/tasteless babe threads really more socially acceptable than a thread on NOOSES???

Just wait until your daughters show up on Myspace in wet t-shirts and thongs, just wait...

How fast some forget. :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,444
    edited December 2007
    More pie in your eye.
    Originally Posted by Sona
    Please tell me who the moderators are. (User names please if they are generally known.) Are the moderators Polk employees and list members, or list members who are asked to moderate? Or back room IT people with no list presence at all? (I'm only aware of Kenneth Swauger and Justin, but I have only ever been aware of KS posting.) Or do long term members perhaps have access to friends at Polk or hold some sway with them in regards to banning - or of more concern - obtaining private information about forum members?

Who has access to our IP addresses? Are PM's screened? It bothers me that ABX's/ka7niq's IP and geographic information was posted in a public forum. Is this something any member can look up, and I just didn't know that or is it something only those with access to the servers can get?

On the one hand, I like the broad leeway we seem to be given on the forum, allowing us to express ourselves as we please, including criticizing Polk products, and sometimes using the F word if we choose. I do think there is some questionable material on this forum, including the tasteful babe thread. Still part of what interests me about this forum is the chance to experience a mostly unexpurgated male space so I don't raise objections to such content.

This is a company sponsored forum, however, and therefore any content here comes with the implicit imprimateur of Polk. I certainly wouldn't want to have to explain such content if an Equal Opportunity lawsuit were brought against them. I value free speech to an obscene degree so I don't want restrictions, but if I were a stressy legal type employed by them, I imagine I'd be popping antacids, and wondering when the forum contents would come back to bite me in the ****.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    Right; now everybody is eating pie......

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
This discussion has been closed.