Sona Delivers the Goods… (of the baked variety)

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited December 2007
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2007
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Bunny says: "Remember remember the 18th of December."
    (")_(")
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    There is good reason for the igonor feature.

Well ..... spell check is a wonderful thing, too.

:D

As long as the Prime Directive is remembered:

"Don't annoy the mods unless I find a pipe bomb on my front porch, and
    NEVER
    bother Polk management"

than ..... well ..... fudge .......

Now, if some buttcheese asks, "Hey, can we start a "Tasteful Pie Thread ?",
    than they're going to be open game.

..... unless by "pie" they mean the good old fashioned kind. And I'm not talking about what Mom used to bake.

So, to those to whom this may apply, please pay attention to the Prime Directive, if you will.

Especially the part about NEVER bothering Polk management with your crap.

Rskarvan, as part of your education in LIFE, here's a little exercise, sort of the type they have in English 101: "Compare and Contrast".
    "Compare and Contrast" the Polk forum with Bensbargains:

http://bensbargains.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

That's the link for all the discussions, here's a specific (and typical) thread:

http://bensbargains.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49938

Your assignment: read ALL 157 posts in that thread. Starting to see a difference ?

For extra credit, go to the "Happy Thanksgiving !" thread:

http://bensbargains.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53000

See a difference ? Hint: after the initial "Happy Thanksgiving" post, the 2nd poster writes, "Nuisance is a f@ggot !". The next 46 posts mention "****", "pedophile", etc, etc.

So, live and learn, Rskarvan, or don't learn, and kiss my arse.
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited December 2007
    P.S. regarding the previous post, did I mention

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER

bother Polk management for any reason ?

Okay ..... just wanted to make sure I got my viewpoint across.

That, and a $1, will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds, BTW.
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,444
    edited December 2007
    Originally Posted by Sona
    George,

I'm sorry to hear your dad died, but quit taking out your anger and pain by cyberbullying JimBRICK. Even though I haven't personally seen many of your posts, I gather you are a long time forum member whose wit, caustic and otherwise is much appreciated.

Still I think this line of attack on the Brickmeister is inappropriate and shouldn't be tolerated by any of us. Build a shed, drop everything and drive down to RT1's Polkfest with angry music blaring, destroy an opponent at racquetball, sing Akon's I wanna F**k you at a Karaoke bar, whatever. I'll be praying for you and those who cross your path.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    edited December 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Bunny says: "Remember remember the 18th of December."
    (")_(")

I'd like to stuff Mr. Bunny's butt with mince meat pie.

:o

Unless that's not okay, in which case I won't.
    Sal Palooza
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited December 2007
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,444
    edited December 2007
    I'm just saying.........gotta wonder what happened between 3/2007 and now?

Last Word

What I like about happening upon this community is that such a diverse bunch of people have a great love in common as a touchstone. Becoming a parent helped bring me together with a wide group of people as well, so that others from all backgrounds could support each other when our kids wouldn't sleep, repeated our swear words, needed psychiatric medication, etc.

So, to paraphrase Sting:

I hope the Romanians love their stereos too...
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    How fast some forget. :rolleyes:

I haven't forgotten, I still have three of the offensive four on ignore. One of them got lost.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    I would say there is a hole and hair in this pie.....

B000031WD9.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    George,

I'm sorry to hear your dad died, but quit taking out your anger and pain by cyberbullying JimBRICK. Even though I haven't personally seen many of your posts, I gather you are a long time forum member whose wit, caustic and otherwise is much appreciated.

Still I think this line of attack on the Brickmeister is inappropriate and shouldn't be tolerated by any of us. Build a shed, drop everything and drive down to RT1's Polkfest with angry music blaring, destroy an opponent at racquetball, sing Akon's I wanna F**k you at a Karaoke bar, whatever. I'll be praying for you and those who cross your path.

This as far as I'm concerned is unforgivable! George is the most decent human being I've ever had the pleasure of shaking hands with! He was provoked in this episode and I thought it soooooooooooooooo inappropriate for Sona to stick her big nose in where she had no business going and not knowing any of the players!

Yeah Sona delivers the good my ****! Everyone patting her on the back for having a sense of humor is absolute BS!!!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    I thought it was pretty damn funny, myself.

Here is my thing though, who actually likes meringue? Ugh, it's like congealed man chowder. I scrape that **** off to get at the good stuff.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    I agree with you Troy. Um as for your comments about the meringue...I wish I hadn't read it! EEEK!

If Polk Management doesn't want to be bothered, they will remove the report this post button for offensive posts.

TBT was questionable garbarge as was the Joys thread, as was the Fantasy babe thread. None of them belonged here & are now gone.

Sona had every right to object to it. Don't like it? too bad, it's done & the majority of us have moved on to other subjects. If you can't, use the ignore feature that is also posted or maybe you should move on altogether.

Continually mucking up threads like these to rehash old crap is a waste of everyones time, and spoils a rather harmless & amusing & hunger causing thread.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    Why is it so hard to find a good Pecan pie? The nuts are sometimes burnt, the filling is to sugary, or the crust just isn't flakey enough.

Pecan pie rocks!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    Post deleted for the greater good of the forum
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    It's not about the thread, it's about the point.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    rats LOVE the cheese
    rat.jpeg 156.6K
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    edited December 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    rats LOVE the cheese

NICE.

BDT
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2007
    ...as the clique leader encourages the herd.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »

You know, I'm probably the only one here that doesn't have you on ignore so I'll open my mouth and say something.

You are doing exactly what you are harping on other people about. Lose the pious attitude and hypocritical ways there and check yourself. You're not going to win friends and influence people this way. You've already burned a good deal of bridges and if you continue to further fan those flames, the few remaining bridges you might have left might catch fire too.

Some friendly advice, you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • TroyD
    edited December 2007
    Ron,

Shoe.....fit......wear.

BDT
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2007
    Jstas,

In ordinary circumstances, I would completely agree with you.
    But, "when in the course of human events, it becomes necessary....".

All I am really doing is calling a spade a spade.
    If you research the quarrels in this forum, it is very obvious who makes up "the gang".
    Heck, you can even figure them out by their gang colors... the quotes under their posts.

I will gladly give up the vinegar... when the other side decides to let sleeping dogs lie.
    God knows I prefer honey!

Ron
  • TroyD
    edited December 2007
    Oh JHC, Rat...I mean, Ron.

We aren't talking about taxation without representation or anything like that. In fact, YOUR argument runs COMPLETELY counter to that (which I find ironic)

You had NO problems with the TBT for two YEARS, you had NO problems encouraging promiscuous behavior by another female to make the mortgage payment....you have NO moral high ground. Nothing but trying to be a hero to another forum female.

In my book, that makes you a chump.

BDT
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Trolling, trolling, trolling..................

Let me tell you this, I follow NO ONE. I lead myself. I should have kept my original post up there so you could see it. I deleted it for the greater good of the forum and now you come in with a trolling statement if I ever did see one.

Your intentions on this board have me wondering? It's funny, but "the herd" pointed out ka7nig, Silverti and others for their intentions on this forum and look where they ended up. Keep up the good work and you too will soon follow in the footsteps of the...........

You should be ashamed of yourself.
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Nothing but trying to be a hero to another forum female.
    Oh, you must be referring to him wanting Darla to **** herself out to make rent.:rolleyes: :mad:
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2007
    TroyD,

"Taxation without representation" is really about "power and control of the masses".
    I will agree that its probably a poor analogy.

Do you always try to throw the baby out with the bath-water?

I'd like to make a truce (for the common good)... but, its difficult to do when the "other party" constantly refers to you as a rat, chump, etc.

Ron
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    If Polk Management doesn't want to be bothered, they will remove the report this post button for offensive posts.
    Wrong answer. "Report this post" is Justin's territory. Going above Justin's head (big, fat, no no!) is how Polk management gets involved.

Get it through your heads people...

Being PC is all about pleasing everyone and offending no one. This is simply not possible.

You can please some of the people some of the time but you can not please all of the people all of the time.

If you don't understand the last statement re-read it until you do. Still no joy? Then move on out because you don't belong on the planet earth.

You are happy those threads are gone. I am not. Guess that means you deserve to be happy and I don't? What a pant load.

Grow a spine. Quit sniveling. Change the channel. Turn the page. Close the book.

How about a stupid little pc disclaimer "if this thread disturbs you, look away". Do we honestly need that because you people have the inability to do this on your own???

If you don't like it - thats fine - move on and let those that do enjoy it be happy. I'm not here to hold your hand or make you feel good about yourself. I don't feel the need to agree with everyone when it suits me and try to close threads or have people banned when it doesn't.
    rskarvan wrote:
    Go on and believe it if it makes you feel better. I'd say it ain't the case but I know your warped twisted little mind can not / will not accept the truth in any given situation.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2007
    You can take pie and stick it where the sun..........
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    More pie in your eye.

I can`t beleive that she threatened Polk with a lawsuit and some of you find that perfectly acceptable...

sheesh

Ron,

your nothing more than a trumpet blowing turdcutter

you don`t deserve pie...

crawl back into your hole , you cheese eating bastage
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    TroyD wrote: »

In my book, that makes you a chump.

I'd be willing to pay for that book.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
This discussion has been closed.