How's Mazda? I'm thinking about an RX-8.

1235»

Comments

• Aqs612scag
    Aqs612scag Posts: 102
    edited January 2008
    Ron-P wrote: »
    Somehow I missed this one. A nice 4 seater coupe. Not as sharp looking as the Eclipse but it's priced only a couple grand more, so it fits the budget. Looks like my test driving is not quite at an end.

Make sure you try both the cvt and the manual transmission to see what suits you if you're going for the V6.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2008
    V6 for sure, I've read nightmares with those CVT transmissions, lots of problems. But, I'm a manaul guy, automatics are too boring.

I hope they look better in person because, I hate to say it, the more I look at the interior pics I don't like it, very cut and dry, plain looking. Is it that hard to add style to a cars interior, really? Both Honda and Toyota were the same way, very plain looking.
    Plus you won't look like a teenage girl driving one.
    I'm getting out of MINI, can't get more girly then that. The chick comments have been relentless with that car, but, it's ok, I'm secure enough. Plus, I've never understood how the style of a car is attached to a gender or age group. Seems childish to me, but hey, whatever floats your boat I guess.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited January 2008
    Ron-P wrote: »
    I just did some online comparing of the Altima Coupe to the Eclipse Coupe.

Both are rated very high with regards to reliability. The Altima has a few more horses under the hood, 7 actually, and it's about 500lbs lighter so it'll be a bit faster. The Altima has a more luxurious interior, not near as sporty. The exterior looks are the same, not as sporty looking as well. I still like the looks inside and out of the Eclipse. But, I want to go test drive the Altima, hopefully today.

Wow....We apparently have far different tastes. I personally don't see where the eclipse holds a single advantage over the Altima. Nothing personal, but IMO the Eclipse ranks among the ugliest cars on the road.

Just my opinion. Hope you find what you want!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    Well?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2008
    cmy330go wrote: »
    Wow....We apparently have far different tastes. I personally don't see where the eclipse holds a single advantage over the Altima. Nothing personal, but IMO the Eclipse ranks among the ugliest cars on the road.

Just my opinion. Hope you find what you want!
    Wow. I don't consider myself a candidate for buying an Eclipse anytime soon, but it looks MUUUUCH better than the Altima in my opinion!!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited January 2008
    audiobliss wrote: »
    Wow. I don't consider myself a candidate for buying an Eclipse anytime soon, but it looks MUUUUCH better than the Altima in my opinion!!!

Really?:confused:

I've hated that car's styling since I first saw it at the Chicago Auto Show. Even all dressed up as a concept I thought it looked horrible. IMO that thing looks like a rolling suppository.

Oh well....To each his own.:)
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2008
    There are a couple of Altima coupes at my office. I'm not a fan and would pick the looks of the Eclipse every time. Neither one is something I would buy.

The Nissan may have good straight line performance...but it is not a "sport" coupe. A luxury coupe maybe...but it is a pig on the twistys.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson