Not to Muddy the Waters

zombie boy 2000
zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I know I've been in and out of the fold for the last coupla of months, but this hyena like circle the wagons attempt at Sona has me puzzled. Maybe I missed something. Maybe I didn't. However, I do know that I've rather enjoyed her posts from square one. Have they always been audio-related? No. More often than not, in my opinion. But variety is the spice of life. And if we're all going to head into the cellar when the zombies attack, then what's the point?

Here's to ReelTrouble bringing some Paypal scolding.
Here's to Troy bringing the thunder when needed.
Here's to F1 sleepin' in a coffin and breathing life into the SDA.
Here's to Mr Grand keeping egos in check.
Here's to Russ giving a good hearty laugh at the drop of the hat.
Here's to Ricardo being kind and selfless.
Here's to Doro being unabashadely random.

Here's to all of you.
Merry Christmas.
Jason

And here's to Sona....
Stay strong.
I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
Post edited by zombie boy 2000 on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Atta guy, encourage her.:eek::confused:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas to you as well Jason. Nice post.

Joe let it die already, enough is enough! The image that you & the rest of the pack are leaving to visitors & Polk management is NOT good.

Sending you a pm.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2007
    Sona - thanks for the confirmation and satisfying my curiosity :cool:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited December 2007
    Gosh well... Merry Christmas is an understatement...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    ZB, just check the last month or so, it'll explain everything.
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=78272
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited December 2007
    Face wrote: »

That was aught to be an exaggeration...:p
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2007
    I feel the Sword of Damocles hoverin'
    Like I said... perchance I missed a line or two, but I still stand behind Sona. Maybe a cable debate is in order? Or possibly something a bit more political?

Tomato... tomatoe.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • dkg999
    edited December 2007
    I'm with ZB, let her play. She's fluff, nothing serious.

Let's get on to something challenging like a new cable debate! Or even better, what the hell I'm buying myself for Christmas! Now that's a real challenge :p
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    How about a $15,000 turntable from Avid or maybe a Kuzma, or an SME or a $100,000 Continuum . . .

. . .Danger Will Robinson, Danger . . . .

I smell smoke!!!:D
  • dkg999
    edited December 2007
    HI - I've been trying to decide if I really want to venture back into vinyl? Some of those new LP's on the heavier vinyl are pretty neat and you can't argue with the sound quality. It's just such a PIA to keep them clean, store them, etc.
    DKG999

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    Jason - You had me at Here's to Doro.....I love you man! Stop ignoring my flowers and love letters, just let it roll brother. I want to adopt a ****, crack baby with you and raise us all as Mormons.

It can work, just sit down and talk to me. If you believe in that stuff, Merry Christmas....if not go F yourself and have a drink on me.

XOXO

Mark
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dkg999
    edited December 2007
    I need a hanky :o
    DKG999

• hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    dkg999 wrote: »
    HI - I've been trying to decide if I really want to venture back into vinyl? Some of those new LP's on the heavier vinyl are pretty neat and you can't argue with the sound quality. It's just such a PIA to keep them clean, store them, etc.

You are correct Bro but I gotta tell ya; I just opened up my brand new 3 LP MFSL Original Master Recording of Allison Krauss & Union Station Live. I treated all sides (6) with three different solutions and vacuumed them off which took a little time. I am kinda of anal when it comes to this!:o

I played LP 1 side one and two and was floored at the signal quaility but what really got me was the deep black backround. I was straining to hear surface noise . . . no crackle, no click, no pop, no hiss, just pure dynamic LIVE music coming from nowhere.

Yes indeed it can be a pain in the behind but the end result is so pleasing.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Muddy water....sounds like a bathroom problem I had last week.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    You nasty little ****!!!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!:D:D:D

Mark you REALLY scare me sometimes!:eek::D:D:D

dorokusai wrote: »
    Jason - You had me at Here's to Doro.....I love you man! Stop ignoring my flowers and love letters, just let it roll brother. I want to adopt a ****, crack baby with you and raise us all as Mormons.

It can work, just sit down and talk to me. If you believe in that stuff, Merry Christmas....if not go F yourself and have a drink on me.

XOXO

Mark
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!:D:D:D

Mark you REALLY scare me sometimes!:eek::D:D:D

I got a belly laugh out of that one too!!!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,674
    edited December 2007
    Okay, how about we call this Plan A:

We all start with a clean slate; referring to Sona, not the "other person" as I believe the "other person" doesn't have both oars in the water and it's a good idea to keep shields up and at max range.

Uhm .... that's about it for Plan A.

One thing I would like to suggest to Sona is this: unless somebody is actually stalking you, and setting your shrubs on fire, and fill-in-the-blank, and pooping in your dog's dish, than do me a favor, will ya ?

Develop a thicker skin.

If you find yourself objecting to something on here, than bring it up in the appropriate thread, make your case, and listen to the replies.

If you've made your case for whatever, than so be it.
    Perhaps you'll OPENLY change something.
    But perhaps you won't.

Either way, you should accept the judgement and opinions and "verdict" of the majority.

If something still bothers you that much, than you have a couple of choices left to you:

1. Choose not to frequent this board.
    2. Avoid those threads that you might find particularly offensive.
    3. Get to the back of the bus, sit down, and shut up.

Complaining/moaning/groaning/whining/whatever-you-want-to-call-it to the moderators is, in my opinion, not an option.

On a personal note, I can't stand cry-babies. They are repulsive, in my viewpoint.
    This board was here long before you and I showed up, it'll be here long afterwards ..... hopefully.
    It has character, it has characters, it has substance , it has a lot of good information, it has style, it has a LOT of good things.

What I hope it doesn't become is watered down.
    Watered down is boring.

Please don't contribute to this FINE board become watered down by being a whiney, thin-skinned beyitch.
    Toughen up, fer cryin' out loud !
    Unless/until you see someone outside, skulking in your bushes, wearing ****-less chaps, than bite the bullet and carry on.

There've been tough women of character throughout history; try to emulate one of them.
    Mother Jones ? Shoot, I don't see anyone here cracking your head with a police baton (or shoving them in places that I won't mention), so ........
    ..... have it kind of easy here , relatively speaking, wouldn't you say.

;)

Just my opinion, worth every cent you paid to read it.
    Sal Palooza
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    dkg999 wrote: »
    ...It's just such a PIA to keep them clean, store them, etc.
    You left out EXPENSIVE! Add that to why I have not opted to venture into vinyl. I'm broke!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    Locally, new vinyl is only $10-15 each, or $.10(yes, 10 cents) at the thrift shop. When buying from the thrift store, a vinyl cleaning kit is a necessity though.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited December 2007
    This thread will be gone soon enough..........though maybe it'll stay because it somehow praises the type of "don't make your posts relate in any way to the thread topic" style she seems to be hell bent on making clear she's all about.

We've had plenty of people come and go over the years that are the types that just type to see themselves speak. Unfortunately, some like audiobliss stayed....:p:p

I skip her posts because the majority of what she's posted isn't worth reading because it's entirely unrelated to the thread it's in.......and if I wanted to read ramblings of obscure movie reviews or song lyrics, I'd be looking elsewhere on the internet.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    Sona wrote: »
    Thanks, Zombie.

This was posted in the A note to Justin thread.

IMO the comment about the internet not providing me an anonymous shield is a menacing threat.

I believe that the Polk Privacy Policy has been violated and that my personal information has been disclosed.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

Now, those of you who have been posting in or reading the Sona Babbling threads, the Sona Pie thread, etc. are aware that all manner of personal insults have been posted about me.

I've ignored them and let you have your say.

And I assume out of a respect for my strong belief in free speech, or because the opinions I expressed pissed them off as well, the moderators have let them stand whether they violate forum rules or not.

All that comes with the territory and I accept it.

I have not reported any posts.

Aggression or attempts to reveal personal information will not be similarly ignored.

There I draw the line.

Draw any line you like....nobody is going to waiste their time trying to "track you down"
    If someone says they are , or implies it, they are just as much of a windowlicker as you are....lame pure and simple
    a menicing threat?....from what some teenage kid ?.....please

GET OVER YOURSELF

I don`t know what it is your refering to, but.....whatever it is, you seem to want it be something to be thrown out there, to attract attention

you have been a member since January and your only objective is to make this forum what YOU want it to be.....to suit YOU and what YOU believe/want it to/should be...

Tell me I`m wrong....

You shut down threads because you don`t like them, and tell on people because they get upset at what you purposely set out to do (get them upset so they react)....

YOU SUCK

I think all the petty crap that has been tossed your way is childish, but you like it...that`s what you want...ATTENTION

instead how about just NOT GOING TO THOSE THREAD (S)...which you don`t agree with...

You believe in freedom of speech, as long as you agree with it....otherwise you find it offensive

who cares what you think about it, as who the rats **** are you..?

you start threads to get attention, hoping that they will bite, and take the bait, while you sit back and watch....until somebody crosses YOUR line that YOU have drawn for YOURSELF........which is just what you want...

that was the whole purpose of you starting said thread in the first place

It`s childish...and you should be ashamed of your self as much as the people to which you refer.....

But of course , you do no wrong , it`s just everybody else

This forum is not just about you, but your sure trying to make it that way....and when you get your way, or get bored....off you`ll go to get attention and wreck someone elses day somewhere else, on another forum, for your own selfish gratification....

you suck, and so does any spineless puke that sticks up for you, or runs to your defense...like the sheeple they are...

They suck too

Ron is a perfect example......blows more than a horn, I`m sure...

IMO of course..
    To which I also am untitled...

But as we all know, opinions are just that....
    somebody`s twisted veiw on something....and mine is no different..

I don`t go after anybody , or single them out, but you have sed a downward spiral that many forum members have jumped into, and it has gotten to the point lately that every friggen time I log on, some kind of friggen DRAMA is going on.....

STOP BEING A DRAMA QUEEN, AND STOP GETTING THE SHEEPLE TO CREATE MORE OF IT..

your not helping, your part of it

Be part of the forum, don`t sit there and help tear it apart..
    it`s not all your fault, but it seems that you have purposely become a big part of it..

If I`m wrong....My apologies

If I`m not......

The rest of you clowns that have nothing better to do than start ****...move on....play with your gear

post something POSITIVE

I`m getting fed up with all the negative crap that I have seen here in the last few weeks...

BE A PART OF THE SOLUTON, NOT THE PROBLEM

end of rANT....

"Cary" on....!!

It`s been a long day...I`m going to play with my tubes
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    We need to get Robert to come out of his shell just a little.

You know...learn to express himself and say what's on his mind and not be so wishy-washy.

Come on Beardog...Tell us what your REALLY think.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    Hmmmm,
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2007
    Bear... I've been called a lot of things. Nearly all of 'em have been justified. But trust me when I say "sheeple" has never been one of them. Do "sheeple" wear mismatched socks while bathing in the blood of the unbelievers? And by "unbelievers", I mean otters with Hep C.

Doro... I feel a love unrequited to be the strongest love of all. Like a moth driven to the flame, but smart enough not to utterly incinerate himself. And I was thinking Jehovah Witness's for children. That way they can sell crack and do their witnessing thing door to door when we drop them off in neighborhoods. And Mormons have carnie hands. That really freaks me out.

XOXOXOXO to infinity +1
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas to you Jason. Hope everything is going good.

Sona,

Once again, you turned a good thread into a bad one. And this time, this thread had something good for you. You killed it. Oh well.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited December 2007
    The only thing I dont understand is, when the above mentioned, is surffing the web and they run across a **** site, do they click the link? The complain about it being ****?

I dont think they do, so the big question is. Why did they click the thread??

Its not like the title of the thread was "2 channel audio" and they got suckered into clicking it.

I still dont understand why someone would visit a thread that they KNOW absolutly offends them.

And that question of "why did they visit the thread in the first place?" has yet to be answered.

It stil amazes me how they managed to get it shut down.

If your not paying my bills, dont tell me how to spend my money!!

Jake
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2007
    Thanks Ricardo. Everything is fine and dandy. Expect for the fact that I have to start Christmas shopping today. Kill me. Kill me please.

Please send my well wishes and a Happy Holidays to the fam:)
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    The only thing I dont understand is, when the above mentioned, is surffing the web and they run across a **** site, do they click the link? The complain about it being ****?

I dont think they do, so the big question is. Why did they click the thread??

Its not like the title of the thread was "2 channel audio" and they got suckered into clicking it.

I still dont understand why someone would visit a thread that they KNOW absolutly offends them.

And that question of "why did they visit the thread in the first place?" has yet to be answered.

It stil amazes me how they managed to get it shut down.

If your not paying my bills, dont tell me how to spend my money!!

Jake

Well said....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    Bear... I've been called a lot of things. Nearly all of 'em have been justified. But trust me when I say "sheeple" has never been one of them. Do "sheeple" wear mismatched socks while bathing in the blood of the unbelievers? And by "unbelievers", I mean otters with Hep C.

Doro... I feel a love unrequited to be the strongest love of all. Like a moth driven to the flame, but smart enough not to utterly incinerate himself. And I was thinking Jehovah Witness's for children. That way they can sell crack and do their witnessing thing door to door when we drop them off in neighborhoods. And Mormons have carnie hands. That really freaks me out.

XOXOXOXO to infinity +1

WTF ?

What do otters and Hep C have to do with anything ?

Kissin Mark`s **** till it leaves bruises does not make your opinion anything other than just your opinion....which you are intiltled too as well..

If you took my comments to include yourself, than so be it, but I stand by what I said....

If you took offence to it, then my sincerest apologies...as I would not want to hurt your feelings ....

My comments were not directed to you personaly, but to whomever it may apply to...If that does not include yourself then why take offence ?

Have a Merry X-mas , and a Safe New Year......Brother
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
This discussion has been closed.