SONA should be in my kitchen, baking me pie.......discuss :-)

1235»

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Is anyone here, besides me, befuddled that our current champion of women't rights was encouraging another woman here to prostitute herself out to make the rent?

How is that possible.

Ron?

BDT

James (jdhdiggs) has been calling him out on that for days. no response. I guess Ron's desire to "take a stand" has it's limitations :rolleyes:

what really befuddles me is he's been a member since 01, was he always a c*ck?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    What if you can't help but click because it shows an unread post in bold :(

Maybe Ron has OCD and feels the need to click EVERY thread, just to show he read it....
    Maybe his wife wouldn't let him visit this site regularly if that thread was still open? That's probably the case since it's more than obvious he doesn't wear the pants in his relationship.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    Is anyone here, besides me, befuddled that our current champion of women't rights was encouraging another woman here to prostitute herself out to make the rent?

How is that possible.

Ron?

BDT

It doesn't surprise me a bit Troy---you ever know the "holy roller" that was anything but, when they weren't in church? These people live in contradiction; they lose track of their own rules....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    James (jdhdiggs) has been calling him out on that for days. no response. I guess Ron's desire to "take a stand" has it's limitations :rolleyes:

what really befuddles me is he's been a member since 01, was he always a c*ck?

Wasn't he a pal of WangoTango?
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    He gave Trigg 3 out of 4 stars for integrity. After Ron ended up paying a hundred bucks for a pair of speakers Trigg was offering for free.

Look, like I said, I at least have respect for Sona. Skaravan is just trying to suck up to any woman that he can on the forum.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    I don't have a problem with Sona, she has a right to her opinion. I'm just saying exercise that right by not patronizing a thread you find personally offensive. That's the problem with this country now, everyone wants to force their ideas on to others who are perfectly capable of choosing for themselves.

Ron--I don't know whats up with you; wether you are trying to champion a cause for Sona, or what? You never had a problem in the past with the TBT...it just seems to lack a little credibility with me.

Having said all that, I agree that sometimes the TBT pushes the envelope because some people don't use good judgement; but this (in my opinion) doesn't happen very often. Usually someone will chime in and mention the indescretion to the poster.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    I really did (despite also disagreeing) too, until it became a crusade. That opinion was posted in about 10 different threads and turned into a campaign for womens rights (what rights, I don't know). It certainly didn't start with that Killing Us Softly thread.

The way I see it she should be getting equal treatment here just like Ron-Jon...
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2007

How is that possible.

Ron?

BDT

Troy,

I'm right there with you on this. In fact, I think I was the first person to respond to his moronic post directed at Darla. :D

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?p=747395#post747395
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
This discussion has been closed.