female advice

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Anywho, Bev did this whole (insert chick voice) "but I don't want our friendship to be jepordized" thing....I said, "look here woman, first of all, lets keep it down to 1 syllable on the words...

:D:D:D:D:D

BTW -- did she give you her work number? If not, don't call or email her without her permission. Just go visit your friend at work and "accidentally" bump into her.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    That's smooth Early, very smooth, I like your style you sneaky ****.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • pmckeealaska
    pmckeealaska Posts: 808
    edited December 2007
    Tool late guys. I called her at work. Found it out through friends. She was impressed that I put in thw work to find the information out. She said it was "sweet" that I was making the effort. Not sure what that means. She did remember who i was immediately though.
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
    NAD T763 Reciever
    Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
    Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
    Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
    Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    Tool late guys. I called her at work. Found it out through friends. She was impressed that I put in thw work to find the information out. She said it was "sweet" that I was making the effort. Not sure what that means. She did remember who i was immediately though.

See, you're so excited you're mis-spelling words. Calm down. Ok..we can do this man....you got her, all the signs are there..go in for the kill, dinner...wine...Kenny G..wait--scratch the Kenny G...um, Luther Vandross and chick flick. That's the ticket.

NOW.....just be yourself.

WAIT A MINUTE...you're in Alaska? Ah hell...ok, change of plan. Light the fire in the Igloo, ah...bring the sleigh dogs in for warmth...ummm..put her on the bear skin and start talkin all smooth-like. Trust me on this. Pretend like you're all interested in her dreams and junk, then....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007

Great!

Now hit that.....I mean be yourself. :rolleyes:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    atta boy... good work. the rest is easy from here..... i think you can do the rest by yourself from here on out. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    ...but...wait I have more...stuff...
  • Early B.
    edited December 2007

Uh-oh. A red flag is on the field. She sounds desperate for a man. All I can say is...

RRRRUUNNNNN!!!!

Just kiddin'.

BTW -- did you close the deal? Translation -- did your telephone conversation yield a date?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    Just kiddin'.

BTW -- did you close the deal? Translation -- did your telephone conversation yield a date?

That's not closing the deal! Misinformation! Closing the deal...is well....closing the deal. You know, the deal....
  • Early B.
    edited December 2007
    That's not closing the deal! Misinformation! Closing the deal...is well....closing the deal. You know, the deal....

No, that's called f*ck*ng.

• BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    No, that's called f*ck*ng.

thanks for the educational fact of the day. We call it around here the deal.
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited December 2007
    edit:
    didn't read thread before posting.
    did you get a date.
    hopefully she didn't just call you sweet and the conversation ended at that.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    She said it was "sweet" that I was making the effort. Not sure what that means.

She thinks you're ****, and wants you to come over and help iron doilies.

I think.
    Sal Palooza
  • pmckeealaska
    edited December 2007
    Well, it was kind of a mixed bag, but exactly what I expected. I was hesitant to call her, because when we were talking at the party, she was already talking to someone about how the party was her last chance for a few weeks to have fun becuase she is travelling for work. So I knew she probably wouldnt be around, but I figured if I didnt call her, she wouldnt remember who I was by the time she got back. So when I talked to her yesterday, she didnt say "no" per se, but just said she couldnt make any plans until her work travel slowed down. I gave her my number and she told me to call her in a couple of weeks if I didnt hear from her before then. Hard to say, but I think if she had wanted to just blow me off or had zero interest she would have said so. Believe me, this woman doesnt mince words. We shall see I guess.....
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    NAD T763 Reciever

Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited December 2007
    Oh, so she's "busy" huh? She has to eat doesn't she? How difficult or time consuming could it be to meet someone for a quick lunch--particularly if you are interested in finding out more about them?

Maybe she really is consumed with work. Maybe she wants to be chased a little bit. You have to determine whether she is worth playing this game.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • pmckeealaska
    edited December 2007
    She won't even be in town for the next 2 weeks, and I know this to be fact because I work in the same field and I know exactly where she's going to (big geeky science conference). This woman is definately worth the work. Beautiful, intelligent, nice; the full package.
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    NAD T763 Reciever

Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited December 2007
    She won't even be in town for the next 2 weeks, and I know this to be fact because I work in the same field and I know exactly where she's going to (big geeky science conference). This woman is definately worth the work. Beautiful, intelligent, nice; the full package.

Just mark your calender and remember to call. And keep us in the loop, will ya? :D
  • Early B.
    edited December 2007
    Got pics?

• steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    Sounds good man. she wants to see if you're in it for the long haul. Wait a few weeks and call her. Rome wasn't built in a day. You're right, if she wasn't interested, she would not have suggested you call her---

You know, back home in Missouri they called me the "woman whisperer" there's a reason for that young buck, stick with me on this and she'll be bossing you around in no time...LOL. I'm like Mel Gibson in "What Women Want"; I can hear their thoughts, I'm tuned to their needs, I can predict their next move...I have the powah.

To most women there are 2 kinds of attraction---there's the "spur of the moment" attraction, then there's the long term "you understand me" attraction. The latter is powerful ju-ju brother. Right now she wants to see if you just liked her for the moment---or do you want to know more...
  • Samantha31
    Samantha31 Posts: 30
    edited December 2007
    LOL... you guys really crack me up!

Steve, your wife is one lucky girl (Insert Eye Roll Here)!

Just kidding!

Sharp Aquos 1080P 46D64U LCD :D
    Yamaha HTR 6030 AVR
    Toshiba HD-DVD A30
    Sharp - Blu-Ray
    Polk RM6750 5.1 HTS
    HD-PVR Satellite Receiver
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    All you need to do is go to the 'Fun with Troy' thread and print the picture out. Put the elastic band around your melon.

You will be an INSTANT babe magnet.

I've been at this for awhile, it gets to be a hassle after awhile but you will adjust.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    Samantha31 wrote: »
    LOL... you guys really crack me up!

Steve, your wife is one lucky girl (Insert Eye Roll Here)!

Just kidding!

Go ahead, you can say it.....I'm right huh? Ain't I? My wife loves my behind--I'm so tuned into her, I get up and change the thermostat before she can say "I'm cold honey." :D That's why I get cool stuff at Christmas--I'm a finely tuned instrument.
  • Samantha31
    Samantha31 Posts: 30
    edited December 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Go ahead, you can say it.....I'm right huh? Ain't I? My wife loves my behind--I'm so tuned into her, I get up and change the thermostat before she can say "I'm cold honey." :D

So how cold does it get in Arizona ;)

Now back to topic...don't forget to bring flowers on that first date!

Sharp Aquos 1080P 46D64U LCD :D
    Yamaha HTR 6030 AVR
    Toshiba HD-DVD A30
    Sharp - Blu-Ray
    Polk RM6750 5.1 HTS
    HD-PVR Satellite Receiver
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    Let us know when you abduct her.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    +1 on the flowers, always a good gesture--get her 3 roses. One red, one orange, one pink. Tell her the red one is her, the orange one is you; the pink one is "us." Dinner and a movie---movies are great because people tend to be brave in the dark; and theaters are usually cold, requiring said woman to hold on to you to stay warm. (security, protection, cavemen, it's all there)

Man I'm good. You can't buy this stuff. Dr. Phil ain't got **** on me. Oh, and make sure you bathe.
  • pmckeealaska
    edited December 2007
    Remember to bathe. Man, I knew I was forgetting something!

Seriously though, I suspect that she is going to wait and see if I call her. I told her if I didnt hear from her before Christmas, I would call her myself, so thats the plan guys (and gals). I was told by someone at the party where I met her that she is on the lookout for a man, so I guess we shall see. I think I've made my position pretty clear to her.
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    NAD T763 Reciever

Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited December 2007
    yep, you shoulda got the info when you met her:) oh well. find out from your buddy where she might go on a friday after work for happy hour!;) then she'll be liquored up making it ea..........oh, never mind:p i would plan on meeting her face to face again. were in high party season, so it could happen again. good luck...and no emailing is wimpy:rolleyes:
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited December 2007
    So you're skipping lunch and going straight to dinner?

I personally think movie is a bad idea on the first date....no chance to talk and find out about each other. It's not like you're going to put the moves on her in the dark....or will you?
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    Agreed with Danny. Start slow & go to lunch. If you can't do it during the weekday then go on the weekend.

Give her a choice, ask if she would like to go to lunch or to dinner.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • rlchap
    rlchap Posts: 11
    edited December 2007
    Sorry to barge in here, but I wanted to offer 2 cents. Dinner and a movie is a horrible way to get to know someone and actually have fun.(in my experience) If you have a buddy at the same place she works and you all are in the same field of work, seems like you and your buddy should put together a happy hour with fellow "work friends". Make sure she'll be there. Make sure you have some friends there and she'll see the following:
    1) You could put together a gathering of people and everyone had fun.
    2) With friends there you have other people to talk to so you can always leave her wanting just a little more of your conversation...but your just so darn popular you have to network with other people.
    3) She'll have the chance to watch you from across the room and day dream a little.

Trust me, this is the only way to go. You keep short lively conversation with her on YOUR time then you conveniently need to go talk to someone else...then you happen to find your way back to her to make sure she knows you haven't forgotten about her. Always walk away just before the conversation starts to stall...don't let it stall and then walk away. That way you always have a reason to go back to talk to her. Pay attention to what she is drinking and bring her one when you go back to her. It'll work like you won't beleive.