Colts or Pats?

124»

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    I'm not saying Dungy is a bad guy at all, I like him and I have tremendous amount of respect for thier organization. Nor do I have a problem with them lobbying the NFL the past few years for rules changes in thier advantage.

All I'm saying is that Bellichick doesn't 'owe' Dungy (or anyone else) a pass on anything. Nor can I recall Bill saying anything in public disparaging about ANYONE. Yet he is evil and despicable....Again, he isn't warm and fuzzy..ok, I get it. What I don't get is why that makes him a villian.

Last words on the subject, for me, I'm not taking anything away from anyone. I'm glad my team is winning. Were it your team winning, I'd hope that I wasn't trying to find ways to detract from thier accomplishments.

Cheers,

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2007
    You have a good point about Moss. He was no better than TO at his other teams. Cracks like, "I play when I want to play" were common. In that since Bellichick has done well. Hell, he's produced one of the best teams in NFL history - he's done outstanding!

Youre also right that Bellichick owes nobody a pass but he does owe them some respect. As mentioned, this is the big leagues and not some playground league. Theyre all professionals and if we're going to hold the players to a higher standard and not accept them acting like thugs all the time, the coaches should live up to that as well.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    Mac,

I agree, but look at what he said in the press all week about Indy. He did nothing but praise them and say that they were the undefeated champions. You can't find one negative thing he's said.

Did he blow off Dungy after the game? Sure. I don't have a problem with it. Just as I don't have a problem with Joe Gibbs or Mangini or any other coach doing the same thing to Bellichick after thier respective games....yet, I don't see anyone make an issue of that.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    If Dungy is such a 'saint' why was it neccessary for him to make any sort of comment about the filiming incident. It had nothing to do with him and he wasn't involved....had he said that, no problem. However, he commented about it being a sad commentary on the Pats etc etc. If you piss on me in public, you really shouldn't have any expectation of my being gracious to you. Given the chance, I'd kick you in the shin.

Whatever, Demi, all I'm saying is that you don't see Moss running his pie hole like he did in Oakland OR Minnesota while he was winning. TO, winning, is still a disruptive influence. Lest you forget, NE has had a couple of rough seasons under Bellichick and you STILL see the players toe the company line. So your argument doesn't wash.

BDT

Gee, I don't know, he was asked, and while you don't find it a big deal the rest of the NFL did. Pretty tame and innocuous comment by Dungy.

Moss was winning in Oakland? That's good for a laugh.

In MN they only lost one game his rookie season. He was a dickhead as soon as that was over.

It's not too hard to figure out, but hey, you guys have convinced yourself of so much already, what's another east coast delusion.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    It's not too hard to figure out, but hey, you guys have convinced yourself of so much already, what's another east coast delusion.

Hey, say what you want, but last time I was at Gillette Stadium, I saw three players transubstantiate.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Hey, say what you want, but last time I was at Gillette Stadium, I saw three players transubstantiate.

Go figure. Glad I wasn't growin' up with those white-trash bathtub alchemists in N'ingland. **** sickens me. :rolleyes:

:p
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2007
    I think a prime example of what a team should be doing when they run up 35 point in the first half was the Steelers last night.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    I think a prime example of what a team should be doing when they run up 35 point in the first half was the Steelers last night.

Because the Steelers aren't evil? I get it now.
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Because the Steelers aren't evil? I get it now.

No, I thought you said the officals were evil, now everyone is evil?

Are teams really evil? Greedy maybe... but Evil... as in Satan drives them?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited November 2007

They (Steelers) stopped running up the score because Ben got hurt and Charlie just didn't have it last night with the exception of the dropped pass by the TE in the end zone.
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    m00npie wrote: »
    They (Steelers) stopped running up the score because Ben got hurt and Charlie just didn't have it last night with the exception of the dropped pass by the TE in the end zone.

Even before Ben got hurt they were pounding the running game right down the middle.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited November 2007
    Even before Ben got hurt they were pounding the running game right down the middle.

My bad, I must have been channel surfing before Ben got hurt.
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2007
    No, I thought you said the officals were evil, now everyone is evil?

Are teams really evil? Greedy maybe... but Evil... as in Satan drives them?

It was a joke, and you didn't get it.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Mac,

I agree, but look at what he said in the press all week about Indy. He did nothing but praise them and say that they were the undefeated champions. You can't find one negative thing he's said.

Did he blow off Dungy after the game? Sure. I don't have a problem with it. Just as I don't have a problem with Joe Gibbs or Mangini or any other coach doing the same thing to Bellichick after thier respective games....yet, I don't see anyone make an issue of that.

BDT

Thats true. I think he's like Barry Bonds. Bonds has been a dick with ears for a long time and so now every time he looks at somebody cross eyed, its a big deal. Bellichick, like Bonds, has set himself up to be the bad guy by being a dickhead to everybody. So the press is hypersensitive to his crap and he gets more heat for it than the next guy would but he did ask for it.

Like I said tho, he's still a great coach and theyre still a great team and I enjoy the hell out of watching them play so no matter how big an asshat he becomes, Ill still be sitting there on Sunday afternoon watching his team.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2007
    Dungy recently accepted a Friend of the Family award from the Indiana Family Institute (IFI). IFI is a state-based family policy council associated with Focus on the Family. During his acceptance speech, Coach Dungy announced his support for Indiana's state marriage-protection amendment, which would define marriage between a man and a woman in the state constitution. Focus on the Family Action is proud to provide to our petition signers – for the first time anywhere – video of Coach Dungy endorsing traditional marriage.

"We're not anti-anything else. We're not trying to downgrade anyone else," Dungy explained at the IFI event. "But we're trying to promote the family – family values the Lord's way."

Below is a link to a video talking about Dungy and his support of Traditional Marriage:
    http://www.focuspetitions.com/115/petition.asp
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Coach Dungy announced his support for Indiana's state marriage-protection amendment, which would define marriage between a man and a woman in the state constitution. Focus on the Family Action is proud to provide to our petition signers – for the first time anywhere – video of Coach Dungy endorsing traditional marriage.

"We're not anti-anything else. We're not trying to downgrade anyone else," Dungy explained at the IFI event. "But we're trying to promote the family – family values the Lord's way."

How exactly do YOU define anti-****? :confused:

Can we get back to talking about football?
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2007
    I still maintain that Coach Dungy is darn near a SAINT!

And, Coach Dungy isn't ANTI-ANYTHING. He's just Christian.