Whats your average Text Messages count?

Comments

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited October 2007
    The average on my bill between two phones is 5500 over the last couple of months....
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited October 2007
    I text alot but not sure how much. If I didn't have the leprechaun keyboard on my phone I probably wouldn't text at all.

I haven't had a phone bill in 12 years :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited October 2007
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    I'm with you there. I gave up my cell phone about 4 years ago, don't miss it a bit. Hell, I don't like talking on the phone at home, no need for people to bother me when I'm not home.

Count me in as an ex-cellphone user. I got fed up with $300 per month of calls, with one time hitting $1000 !! I quit cold turkey and I don't miss it.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited October 2007
    Man, when texting first became popular I said no way, I'm old.......well not that old, but if you want to communicate, call me. Right now as an anti-text person I probably average between 250-300 a month. It's actually not as bad as I thought. ;)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    Getting the iphone has made me cut back a lot. It's not nearly as convenient even though it looks way cooler. I used to do texts without looking as well but you just can't with the iphone.

Exactly my biggest complaint about the iPhone. Tactile feedback is kind of important.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Exactly my biggest complaint about the iPhone. Tactile feedback is kind of important.

I love my iphone but actually texting or making a call needs to be a dedicated event. That may be a good thing. I know it's way more dangerous than a normal cell phone to attempt to use or even answer while driving unless you have a bluetooth earpiece so I don't even attempt it without pulling over.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2007
    Woooow. You guys are crazy! My average? 0. And I'm 19. I might be the only 19 y/o who doesn't send 'em. :p

I've thought about it, though, and Mom actually asked if I wanted to add on the cheapest texting plan to our (existing) shared plan. I briefly thought about it, just so I could see if I'd actually use it much, but figured I could continue to live without it.

But now I'm rethinking it...
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited October 2007
    penny texting;7-900 month. I never read or send while driving because it's best to stay alert and aware in California.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited October 2007
    I do not own a freakin' cell phone. If someone wants to talk to me they can leave a message on the answering machine (an old archaic device) and I will call them back at my convenience....and that's if I wanted to talk to them in the first place, which is highly unlikely. Or they can call my wife's cell phone and she can just hand it to me :o
    No use for text messaging. I'm retired :D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited October 2007
    I have a 20 dollar walmart phone through AT&T --

Text is disabled, all I could do is call and receive calls ---

I've thrown this thing about 50 feet across a parking lot playing football with my friend -- still kicking!

Texting and phones and general communication is not for me! ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    Pretty soon, some A-hole is going to come along and figure out that texting is still too much personal contact between humans and will reintroduce smoke signals.

~Friends don't let friends text~
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited October 2007
    pda phone. approx. 300/mo. not as many as there would be if i were not too cheap to upgrade to the 500 text plan for $5 more /mo. damn women.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2007
    I get a few a month, and I never send them. I'm not going to waste my time texting with my fat fingers when it's faster to just call the person instead.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited October 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Pretty soon, some A-hole is going to come along and figure out that texting is still too much personal contact between humans and will reintroduce smoke signals.

~Friends don't let friends text~

You are soo spot on.We have a whole generation that can't communicate with anyone without a cell phone to text.My neighbor and his kids text each other when they are all home.Unflippin' believable,
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    Get off my lawn!
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited October 2007
    10-20 a month.

Do you folks use "Word" or just type away?
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    Politically incorrect Senior Democrate from Mississippi crys out!!!:D:D:D
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    10-20 a month.

Do you folks use "Word" or just type away?

What means you this "Word"?
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2007
    MS Word.

Joe, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    How can you use MS Word for text messages? We're talking about cell phones here, right? :confused:
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited October 2007
    0, zilch, zip, nada. It's easier to just call people for me but I don't even do that much. My phone costs $5 a month for 28 minutes and I have at least 20 minutes left every month.

Self-affirmed cell phone luddite
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    A few. You guys without cell phones (I know at least a couple of you are "retired") must not use the phone much for business. I could not survive in today's business environment without it. Speaking of technology, I rarely use a FAX anymore. Much easier to scan and send a pdf document. I can even send complex legal documents to be signed this way. The quality is far superior to a FAXed document.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited October 2007
    shack wrote: »
    A few. You guys without cell phones (I know at least a couple of you are "retired") must not use the phone much for business. I could not survive in today's business environment without it. Speaking of technology, I rarely use a FAX anymore. Much easier to scan and send a pdf document. I can even send complex legal documents to be signed this way. The quality is far superior to a FAXed document.

I concur!

P
    Life without music would
  • Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited October 2007
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2007
    I send tons of emails / text messages through my Motorola Q each day. Probably a couple thousand messages a month between the two.

Still miss my blackberry, though. Easier to use than the motorola, and the Q has a battery life of about 1/2 a day compared to the BB's 3-4 day.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited October 2007

On my phone, an LG 8300, you can choose an "entry mode" for texting using what they call "Word," which is a quick fill kind of a deal. As you type, it guesses what word you're going to use and inserts it.

It's almost always spot on and enables me to type faster as I don't have to click 3 times for an "f," 4 times for an "s" & so forth.

What's the fastest way for all of you?
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited October 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    You are soo spot on.We have a whole generation that can't communicate with anyone without a cell phone to text.My neighbor and his kids text each other when they are all home.Unflippin' believable,

That's the problem. People buy these fancy toys whether they really need them or not (because 'everyone else' has one) and then they have to make up reasons to use them. Business is one thing. I would be willing to bet 90% of the calls and text messages that occur are absolutely unnecessary. It's like a bunch of 10 yr olds playing with their new walkie-talkies.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    On my phone, an LG 8300, you can choose an "entry mode" for texting using what they call "Word," which is a quick fill kind of a deal. As you type, it guesses what word you're going to use and inserts it.

It's almost always spot on and enables me to type faster as I don't have to click 3 times for an "f," 4 times for an "s" & so forth.

What's the fastest way for all of you?

Ahhhh, OK. Predictive Text / T9 is what that's usually called. And I use that usually - it's way faster - unless I have to type without looking, in which case I'll shut it off.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2007
    It's funny..I always have the latest toys..video games, iPods, new tv, nice audio, etc, but I NEVER use my cell phone..EVER..I've never texted anyone in my life from my cell phone

In fact, I got rid of my old one and bought a T-Mobile one where I get 1000 minutes for a year, no bill.... I bet I have 700 left still from February..

the problem is when I do need it, it was usually left on and forgotten in the glove compartment from 2 weeks ago, so it needs charging when I need it most:o

People are always biching at me because my cell phone is never on or answered..lol

I don't know...I dont have kids..I have a wife, I dont play sports anymore...my friends are all married with children....who the hell do I need to call?:D

I guess Im just a home-body or something
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    That's the problem. People buy these fancy toys whether they really need them or not (because 'everyone else' has one) and then they have to make up reasons to use them. Business is one thing. I would be willing to bet 90% of the calls and text messages that occur are absolutely unnecessary. It's like a bunch of 10 yr olds playing with their new walkie-talkies.

Why would phone calls have to be necessary? Of course they're not necessary. If we only did what was necessary,we'd be a bunch of robots working all day and then going home for nourishment and sleep before going back to work again. Texting and casual phone calls are for entertainment and the passing of completely unnecessary information to make our short time on this spinning rock as varied and interesting as possible.