The Right Brain vs Left Brain test

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2007
    I'm still at a lost. Maybe I should turn my monitor upside-down.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2007
    now it's totally going counter-clockwise. This thing just keeps changing or something. It's not my brain.

The only thing I'm sure of anymore is that it's a female with nice ****.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    Neither; her left leg goes from the right side to the left side and back:eek: :eek:
    I haven't read anything past the first page, but HTrookie is 100% correct.

The first time I looked, it was definitely going clockwise. But then it seemed to switch rather randomly. But it's HARD for me to stare at it and MAKE it switch.

After reading HTrookie's comment and looking at it again, you can definitely tell it's just moving back and forth, and our minds are making it appear to turn one way or the other. I guess that's how you can determine which side of your brain is dominate from such a picture.

Just look at her raised leg and her butt. You can tell that she is turning such that her leg is pointing away from you, rotates counter-clockwise until it points at you, then all of a sudden it's pointing away from you again and rotates clockwise until it's pointing at you, and just continues like that. I know it sounds weird, but just stare at her butt long enough...you'll see what I'm talking about. Maybe.

Aaaand, who in the heck says 'anti-clockwise'?? :confused:
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    Clockwise, period, I can't see anything else no matter how I look at it.

She is spinning to the right.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited October 2007
    audiobliss wrote: »
    Aaaand, who in the heck says 'anti-clockwise'?? :confused:

Well, I guess at least the Australians do since that's the Perth now website :)
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2007
    Ok, it's ****, I just saw it change she spun to the left for a few revolutions, then back right again.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited October 2007
    Right leg raised -- clockwise
    Left leg raised -- anti-clockwise
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • audiobliss
    edited October 2007
    And it keeps going back and forth between the two. Just stare at her butt/hip, and you can tell she's switching every half-revolution.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2007
    I do not get this AT ALL. But I looked at demi's post, and moved the page so I could just see the legs only (as pictured below) - no hands - I can switch back and forth easily.

I don't get how, but I can go either way now.
  • Early B.
    edited October 2007
    audiobliss wrote: »
    Just stare at her butt/hip, and you can tell she's switching every half-revolution.

AB --

Stop staring at her butt! For this violation, you are remanded to the tasteful babe thread.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• Early B.
    edited October 2007
    Geez --

We must be bored to death today to get this thread to 3 pages.

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2007
    I've yet to achieve counter-clockwise enlightenment. And I've spent the entire work day in a Zen state. Maybe I'll be forced to pull some overtime.

I see that the key is in the feet....
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • auto_pilot
    auto_pilot Posts: 256
    edited October 2007
    Spinning...I don't see spinning:confused:

I just see a hot girl's sillouette;)

For the record...clockwise.
    Cambridge Audio AZUR 640R
    KEF IQ2C Center, Fronts KEF IQ1 , Rears KEF Ci302Q
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Panasonic Plasma 1080i (50u)
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
    Belkin Pure Audio PF31 Line Conditioner
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited October 2007
    Okay, I got it now. I did what Russman did and to switch directions I focus on the feet shadow....then scroll back up. I can flip it either way now.

Mike

PS. That's insane...I'll never trust my eyes again
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • audiobliss
    edited October 2007
    Ok, I'm going to ATTEMPT to explain what it is I'm talking about. Hopefully I'll somewhat clearly get my point across, and hopefully not everyone will agree I'm just insane.

Imagine this woman starts with her right leg raised, pointing away from us. She then rotates CLOCKWISE with her raised right leg swinging TOWARD us until it is pointing at us. Since she's just one black blob and we can't see any detail on her person, the only thing we can go by is her edges. When she's away from us, her butt is just this wide black blob. As she rotates CLOCKWISE towards us, her 'blob' of a butt begins to get smaller as the left and right buttock become one in front of the other, instead of side by side. However, at some point during her rotation, her right buttock pokes out behind her left buttock. At this point you can KNOW that her right leg is raised, her left foot is on the mat, and she is spinning CLOCKWISE. Look at the screenshot I took below:

WomanRotatingClockwise.jpg

You can see at her hips that her right buttock is sticking out past her left buttock, because it's closer to us. Also, take a look at her raised foot. We know that the inside toes stick out farther. The side of her farthest away from us is the longest, meaning that must be the inside of her foot. Proof positive that's her right foot.

Now, let's take a look at it from another angle. If she starts out with her LEFT leg raised in the air, pointing away from us, and is rotating COUNTERCLOCKWISE, then we'll see a similar but opposite result. Again, with her leg pointing away from us, her butt is one wide black blob. As she rotates COUNTERCLOCKWISE with her raised LEFT leg coming towards us, her butt becomes smaller as her left and right buttocks become one in front of the other instead of side by side. Now, again, at some point during the rotation COUNTERCLOCKWISE, her LEFT buttock will poke out and become visible because it's closer to us. Again, now you KNOW that her LEFT leg is raised, and it is rotating towards us COUNERCLOCKWISE. Take a look at the screenshot below:

WomanRotatingCounterClockwise.jpg

You can see the LEFT buttock sticking out behind the right buttock, because it is closer to us. Again, take a look at her raised foot. It is longer on the side farther away from us, meaning that is the inside of her foot and so must be her left foot.

Anybody follow what I'm saying here? Having said all that, it is my proposition that she starts with her leg away from us, and rotates towards us with one leg raised (right if clockwise, left if counterclockwise), and when she reaches the point where her leg is pointing towards us, BAM!, she starts back at square one and rotates towards us going the other direction.

Again, this works because she's a uniform blob of black and we can't see any real details on her body that distinguish left from right. So, when she switches, we can't tell the difference. We also can't tell the difference by looking at her legs BECAUSE: If her left leg is raised and she's rotating COUNTERCLOCKWISE towards us, when her leg is pointing towards us, even though it's her left leg, it's on the right side of the screen. So, when BAM! her leg's facing away from us and it's her right leg, it's still on the right side of the screen.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited October 2007
    Try this:

Focus ONLY at her legs, from about the knee down. As you're watching, imagine that what she is actually doing is swinging her foot back and forth ALWAYS POINTING TOWARDS YOU, out of the screen. Can you see that? Now, if you look a little higher, at her hips, then it is apparent that when she transitions from swinging her foot either right to left OR left to right, the apparent leg that is raised changes. It is always the leading leg that is raised - if she's doing the CW half circle, pointing towards you (so her leg is swinging from the right of the screen to the left), then HER right leg is raised, as is her right arm; if she's doing the CCW half-circle (so her leg is swinging out towards you from the left side of the screen to the right), then HER left leg is raised, as is her left arm.

The image isn't changing at all. You .. well, I.. can make her apparent direction change just by looking for that change. And it is easiest to do, in my opinion, by looking ONLY at her feet and telling yourself she IS changing directions, rather than wondering WHETHER she's changing directions.

The REAL test here is a sexual orientation test... whether you spent more time looking at her legs or her ****. They could have produced the same effect with a silhouette of John Goodman or Drew Carey, but that wouldn't have been nearly so fun to watch.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2007
    I can flip back and forth now. Not sure how I'm doing it, but I turn my head sides ways squint my eyes a bit, then look up and it changes from clockwise to counterclockwise.

If I turn my head from right to left, I can follow it back and forth, clockwise then counterclockwise, like it's being twisted back and forth.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited October 2007
    Clockwise always here
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    I don't get how, but I can go either way now.

Didn't that happen at the first Polkfest?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    I'm sure that if she opens her legs just a little bit she will fall

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited October 2007
    I saw the dancer as standing on her left leg and sweeping her right leg from right to left, then left to right.

I used a graphics utility, Ulead GIG Animator ver. 5, to decompose the animated gif file into its idividual images. The dancer file consists of 34 images. The dancer starts with her back to the viewer and standing on her left leg with her right leg up (frame 1). The right leg is swept around toward the viewer's right and then on around until the dancer is facing the viewer. The dancer stops her pivot when her right leg is pointed towards the viewer's left (frame 25). The dancer then reverses direction and sweeps her right leg back to the viewer's right, stopping at frame 34 with her back to the viewer and standing on her left leg. The sequence then repeats. The movement of the dancer's foot shadows on the floor (particularly frame 25) inform the actual orientation of the dancer's leg movements.

Many of the frames trick the eye because the dancer can either be read as facing the viewer or with her back to the viewer. This can cause her motion to alternately be read as either right to left or left to right.

Frame 1: The eye can read this frame as either a) the dancer is facing the viewer and is standing on the heel of her right foot...or b) the dancer is standing with her back to the viewer and her left foot is flat on the floor.

Frame 4: The eye can read this frame as either a) the dancer's back is to the viewer, her left arm is extended and her left foot is flat on the floor...or b) the dancer is facing the viewer, but her body is angled towards the viewer's right, her right arm is extended, and she is pivoting on the heel of her right foot.

Frame 17: The eye can read this frame as either a) the dancer's back is to the viewer, her right foot is on the floor and her left foot is up...or b) the dancer's face is to the viewer, her left foot is on the floor and her right foot is up.

If I sequence through the frames in Ulead GIF Animator, I can make the dancer appear to change direction depending on whether I assume she is initially facing me or has her back to me.

My visual interpretation of the gif's apparent motion makes sense to me because I am ambidextrous (neither left nor right handed), and like many ambidextrous people, am neither left nor right brained.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • audiobliss
    edited October 2007
    Woooow. That's amazing. Totally makes sense, though. Makes it a lot more seamless than how I was figuring.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited October 2007
    I dunno man. The left side of my brain is telling my right side that it's full of **** and vise-versa. Now they are fighting with each other. Thanks. They will be at odds all night now.

Gonna have to get the other head workin' with the wifey to make them forget about it.....:D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    i can see both now after focusing on the shadow for a bit
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2007
    Brain teasers are always cool....

I've posted this on here before, but its been awhile back.

Check out the block marked A and the block marked B....They are both the same shade of color.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    Guys... Stop making me try to waken brain cells long ago killed with to much beer.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2007
    If I stare at the space between her foot and the shadow, and then blink, I can make it change direction.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited October 2007
    Boy, and I thought I had too much free time on my hands.

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited October 2007
    Brain teasers are always cool....

Check out the block marked A and the block marked B....They are both the same shade of color.

I really didn't believe this one until I took a white piece of paper and poked a small hole in it and set it on each square. They are the same color.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2007
    I'm not sure what just happened, I had some kind of Lara Croft flashback.