The Right Brain vs Left Brain test

carpenter
carpenter Posts: 362
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
I found this one very interesting; at first, I though its was a joke and there is only one possible answer to the test's one question, but then everybody here at the office came up with different answers.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22492511-5005375,00.html

Apparently I'm a Left brain only kinda guy.
"If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody **** Bank'"
Post edited by carpenter on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    Looks clockwise to me.....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited October 2007
    Same here. Even the shadow follows that pattern.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    She's standing still. :confused:
  • jwhitakr
    jwhitakr Posts: 568
    edited October 2007
    That is funky. When I first opened the link, I saw it turning counter-clockwise and I was thinking to myself - "How could anyone see it as clockwise?"

Then I came back to this browser window to see what everyone else saw, saw the response from shack that it was clockwise, and flipped back .... and saw it turning as clockwise??? :confused:
    My HT
    HDTV: Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Proj. LCD
    AVR: Harman Kardon AVR 235
    Video: 80GB PS3, Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD
    Fronts: Polk Audio RTi8
    Center: Polk Audio CSi3
    Amp: Emotiva LPA-1
    Surrounds: Polk Audio R150
    Sub: HSU STF-3

The only true barrier to knowledge is the assumption that you already have it. - C.H. Dodd
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited October 2007
    counter clockwise - 100%
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2007
    Initially I saw clockwise but after awhile it would switch.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    They are messing with us. I went back to the site and it is now counter-clockwise. Closed the site and went back and it was clockwise. Continued to watch for several min. and the dancer changed directions while I was watching.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    Counter...

Ahh crap, now she keeps switching, WTH now I have a headache...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • VR3
    edited October 2007
    I dunno

Ive went to the site like 5 times -- all counter
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    It's really counter clockwise for me unless I just follow the raised foot and assume it's going clockwise then the spinning flips.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2007
    Definitely clockwise...
    I'm going back to try to see it the "other way".

edit: I can't in any way, shape or form see it going counter clockwise.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2007
    Clockwise for me...
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    Clockwise, all day long.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited October 2007
    shack wrote: »
    They are messing with us. I went back to the site and it is now counter-clockwise. Closed the site and went back and it was clockwise. Continued to watch for several min. and the dancer changed directions while I was watching.

Yep. This thing is **** with your minds. Besides, how the hell does this prove anything?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2007
    All right, I hosted the picture. It's going clockwise for me, how about for the rest of you, especially those who said counter-clockwise?

0567524700.gif
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2007
    100000% Clockwise, but it's hard to tell cuz I keep starring and her ****.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • VR3
    edited October 2007
    still counter clockwise
  • VR3
    edited October 2007
    I got it to switch after concentrating on the foot raised, but looked away and was back to counter clockwise..
  • Aqs612scag
    Aqs612scag Posts: 102
    edited October 2007
    Its clockwise for me but it would be interesting to see if you have multiple people watching it at the same time.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2007
    Still clock-wise..
    good idea Demi.

I'm really, REALLY trying to see it the other way.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    I can see it both ways.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited October 2007
    Clockwise, counter clockwise meh.... i see nipples.

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    Absolutely positively clockwise for me everytime....no matter how many times opening the link on this laptop or any of my servers. Funny thing is, I call the wife over and ask her...she saw counter clockwise first....then clockwise...back and forth changing randomly. No wonder she can never make her mind up :)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    The trick is to turn off your monitor for a few seconds, stare at the blank screen, and then look at the picture again.

Works for me.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2007
    appadv wrote: »
    I can see it both ways.

I find this really interesting. Don't know what it says. Or even how this test can deduce a personality type....
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    Neither; her left leg goes from the right side to the left side and back:eek: :eek:

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited October 2007
    for a few seconds counterclockwise but now, nothing but clockwise
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    Aqs612scag wrote: »
    Its clockwise for me but it would be interesting to see if you have multiple people watching it at the same time.

My wife and I were watching together....and I could not believe it when she told me it switched directions....I was trying SO hard to see it switch...never happened even when she said it did...and I never took my eyes off of it when she was saying it switched. Very cool to watch it with somebody.....
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited October 2007
    shack wrote: »

Same here. Looked counter-clockwise at first, then started switching directions.

Wierd, now all I see is her spinning clock-wise,
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    I find this really interesting. Don't know what it says. Or even how this test can deduce a personality type....

Our eyes all see it the same...the difference is how our brains are processing the data.....hence the different outcomes.