The Right Brain vs Left Brain test

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited October 2007
    I think they are **** with us!

But I did notice the nips!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    I think they are **** with us!

But I did notice the nips!

I dont think so...some ALWAYS see it clockwise...others ALWAYS counterclockwise...then there are the fence stradlers.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2007
    Our eyes all see it the same...the difference is how our brains are processing the data.....hence the different outcomes.

I understand that.. I just don't see the correlation between clockwise/right side and visa versa.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    It was clockwise for a minute then I noticed her change direction, then shortly after change back to clockwise, wtf is that all about.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    I understand that.. I just don't see the correlation between clockwise/right side and visa versa.

Probably had hundreds fill out personality trait questionaires....then showed them the image ...correlated the data and found a trend. The moving image must have repeating images ...then restarts the cycle at a different point ...and maybe when our brain EXPECTS to see the jiggle of the restart at a certain point and doesnt see it it triggers a response...something like that. Its all in the cycle and start / stop points of the image...saw something similar on the science channel a while back on images like this.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2007
    Excellent point.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    Haha...kind of like an In-phase...Out of phase test for our brains instead of our ears.....some are in phase...some out of phase...and others toggle between the two. :)
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    I don't know about the correlation with brain function, but they aren't "**** with you", ti's a simple animated .gif, it doesn't "switch."

I see it clockwise, as it seems like the majority here do. Can't make it seem the other way.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    If you concentrate hard enough you can get it to change direction every 2-3 seconds.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    There's no trick here; you might see it one way or the other (or both)because that's what the test was made for

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited October 2007
    I noticed that it looked a little "cold" in that room the dance was in, too! :D Typical male, huh?
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2007
    The picture switches directions. At one point, youll see the back of her head (pony tail facing you) and her head is leaning to the right, a few seconds later, her head is leaning to the left.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited October 2007
    Totally counter clock first few times I tried. Read the earlier posts about clockwise and then I tried again and saw it go clockwise. Can now stare at it (usually by focussing on the foot-shadow area) and can make it go either way. Release your mind, grasshopper.... Pretty cool actually.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    She still isn't spinning for me, something wrong with me? :confused:
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    Being that in this instance the image is always the same....maybe some brains deal with repeating images better then others...the hiccups in the rotation is the key...maybe some brains dont remember where the last hiccup was and some do ?
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    avguytx wrote: »
    I noticed that it looked a little "cold" in that room the dance was in, too! :D Typical male, huh?

Hahahahaha....yeah very cold nippleage there :D
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2007
    I can "make it" change direction, but only at the extreme left/right/front/back points.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2007
    Wait.....now she smiled at me...

SOPA
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    Wait.....now she smiled at me...

Lemme guess she's gonna bend over next.....:rolleyes:
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2007
    Hey...stop doing that.....not here at the office...

SOPA
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/444552237.html

Is the polk audio logo correct or mirror imaged to you ? :D

p.s. If you see this one spinning or it changes from correct to mirror imaged..see a doctor
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited October 2007
    Once I realized one could see it both ways I can see it clockwise and counter clockwise, but I have to take my focus off it. It seems like they are randomly changing direction but if I stare for a few minutes it never changes until I look at something else and then come back to it.

Cool little distraction for a crappy workday.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2007
    Now she's in the kitchen making me a pot pie. Good to see she still knows her role.
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2007
    She can't be in your kitchen. She is with me now. Cannot say what she's doing.

SOPA
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    She can't be in your kitchen. She is with me now. Cannot say what she's doing.

And just exactly which part of your brain is working at the moment?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2007
    What brain?

SOPA
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    She’s hot, that’s what I noticed.

When I first looked it was clockwise but I got it to switch by looking off and watching it with my peripheral vision, it then switched to counter clock wise. After I figured that out, I was able to make it switch back and forth by will.

But since I saw it clockwise first, that’s how my brain must work.

I would wager that if you see it counter first, that means you have a brain tumor.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited October 2007
    Definitely clockwise...
    I'm going back to try to see it the "other way".

edit: I can't in any way, shape or form see it going counter clockwise.

ditto

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited October 2007
    try looking at it with your head bent 90 degrees to the right
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited October 2007
    okay, now i slid my chair back away from my screen to approx 3 feet and now she's going left.

i hate the world.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.