Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Aww, just think of fuzzy little puppies and all will be well!

picoday_vickdog.jpg

Well...there you have it. Proof positive. Vick holding a stuffed throphy dog that was sent to the taxidermist after losing in Vicks "ring of death". Hang the SOB.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2007
    Something tells me that puppy isn't so "fuzzy" anymore...
    Unless by "fuzzy" you mean "dead".
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2007
    Are they still playing baseball today? I assumed after the anti-christ broke the record, the hounds of hell would devour everyone and everything good associated with the game. Maybe not. Play ball.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    No... we still have to wait for Albert Belle to come out of retirement and sacrifice a virgin goat by the Green Monster in Fenway.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • KG Audio
    KG Audio Posts: 79
    edited August 2007
    No... we still have to wait for Albert Belle to come out of retirement and sacrifice a virgin goat by the Green Monster in Fenway.

Don't you mean Joey Belle? :D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited August 2007
    shack wrote: »
    Are they still playing baseball today? I assumed after the anti-christ broke the record, the hounds of hell would devour everyone and everything good associated with the game. Maybe not. Play ball.

WAAAAA

That was a funny one.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • KG Audio
    edited August 2007
    By the way, I heard on ESPN that if a person takes "the right steroids," they will dramatically improve their EYESIGHT!

ESPN will get anyone they can to say anything they want...they are, after all, trying to stir-up controversy and get people to watch their show. :(

KG
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2007
    KG Audio wrote: »
    ESPN will get anyone they can to say anything they want...they are, after all, trying to stir-up controversy and get people to watch their show. :(

KG

ESPN is known for having their lips wrapped around the players' schvanks.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited August 2007
    zzzzzzz.... is it football season yet? :p
  • KG Audio
    edited August 2007
    PhantomOG wrote: »
    zzzzzzz.... is it football season yet? :p

No, go back to sleep!!!

KG
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    Isn't it always football season in Texas?
    God knows, they don't shut up about college basketball in the state of Kentucky.... EVER.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited August 2007
    I was talking to one of my neighbors a couple of days ago and he casually mentioned that his six year old son and some of his son's friends are upset because they keep losing their marbles in neighborhood games. One kid has recently been winning all the games and taking all the marbles. They say his shooting hand and arm has gotten suspiciously and significantly larger over the last three months. The big-handed kid says he has just been working out a lot with weights, but some of the neighborhood boys want him to be tested for steroid abuse. If he refuses, they want him banned from neighborhood games and all marbles returned.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    Don't you lose your "marbles" when you take steroids?
  • DarqueKnight
    edited August 2007
    Not if you place them in a nice jar stored in a cool, dark place.
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2007
    Did he look like this?

[IMG]http://r_harrison.tripod.com/Agonist/BarryBonds.jpg[/IMG]

I don't know a single guy in my football career from high school through college that could put on that kind of muscle mass over the course of an off season, let alone at all. None. In fact, it's impossible to put on that kind of muscle mass without roids in that period of time.

But, hey, if it makes you feel better... 072.gif
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited August 2007
    oooo... do one for Macguire (sp?)!! He reminds me of the Hulk.

Pro baseball stars look alot like "Pro" Wrestling stars to me :p
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2007
    PhantomOG wrote: »
    oooo... do one for Macguire (sp?)!! He reminds me of the Hulk.

Pro baseball stars look alot like "Pro" Wrestling stars to me :p

GotJuice.jpg
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2007

BTW I graduated high school in 1973.

thats when I was born..........

.......hey man, just throwin it out there :D:p:D:p

meantime, football season approaches, wahoooooo!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    m00npie wrote: »
    How is it being selfish by showing up everyday to play ball? Cal did not make the lineup everyday, multiple managers did overtime. Blame them or call them selfish.

Ripken played many, many, many games bringing his 'C' game rather than his 'A' game and should not have been playing every game the last few years. His errors rate was up and his performance was not what it was in prior years. Anyone else playing like that would have been benched or benched themselves. Not Cal he wanted that record which is really a stupid record. How does that record reflect ones baseball talent? It doesn't. It shows great stamina which he didn't have because if he did he would have played his 'A' game more times than the 'C' game. That to me is selfish and you are correct it is management being selfish too because Cal's record was putting asses in the seats not the stellar play of the O's as a team.

That is my opinion. I felt this the whole time it was going on, mostly towards the last few years of it.

Besides, that streak, that record, is what started to bring Baseball back from the strike of 94.

Which it never did recover from . . .and that, a players showing up to play streak, my friend is a very, very sad commentary on baseball.

I was a rabid baseball & Phillies fan since I was five years old. Baseball cards were my life as a young boy. . . heck my favorite card was the roster & stat cards. I would listen to Phillies games on the radio every night holding a little transistor radio to my ear or with a little earphone. When there wasn't a Phillies game or if I just wanted some other baseball I would listen WGN out of Chicago and WABC (I believe) out of New York. Late at night there was an AM radio station that would play the games from the west coast starting at 10:30 EDT, I would sneak my radio under my pillow and use the earphone and struggle to stay awake.

Baseball, MLB, just didn't do right by the game, that is why the strike and the fallout after destroyed baseball. Baseball fans just left MLB in droves and most didn't return.

The NFL doesn't struggle with the problems MLB does, no to the contrary after their strike they did the right thing, kept their fans and become one of the richest entities on earth.

One last note on Cal's streak. The last few years many, many games, they would start Cal and let him play long enough for that game to count in the record books and the pull him. IMO it is a bogus stats and record he has.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited August 2007
    Pete Rose wasn't convicted of anything for which he was kicked out of baseball and held out of the Hall of Fame for, either, what's your point? It was also long before he admitted anything.

Assumptions?

I thought this was already handled in the other thread, but apparently not.

The BALCO chemist testified to giving Barry Bonds & Gary Sheffield "The Clear" -- AKA Steroids. He did not witness them using it. I'm sure it just ended up in the trash, right? Because people just give others illegal substances all the time without requesting them. I mean, c'mon...put 2 & 2 together.

This was all in front of a Grand Jury. Then there is a man claiming innocence admitting to taking substances that may have been steroids, cloaked as something else, unknowingly.

There is no bloody glove. There's no body. There's not going to be any kind of evidence like that, and even if there was I'm not sure any of you would accept it. They're not going to be able to pull a conviction over something they found out about after the fact. Their concern has been for going after the suppliers.

That doesn't mean the MLB shouldn't do anything about it.

Also, couple that with last nights comments after the fact. Curt Shilling & the Rockies Skipper were spot on. Not too often where you get fellow players and managers bashing a guy for cheating on the record like that. Should speak volumes.

Curt Shilling is a major league D-Bag as well though...He's always spouting off about others..
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited August 2007
    Did he look like this?

I don't know a single guy in my football career from high school through college that could put on that kind of muscle mass over the course of an off season, let alone at all. None. In fact, it's impossible to put on that kind of muscle mass without roids in that period of time.

true..but you're comparing a picture of him as a rookie to one from 2001 or so...you should compare a picture of me from 1990 to now..:D
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • DarqueKnight
    edited August 2007
    Did he look like this?

What are the dates of the two Bonds pictures?
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited August 2007
    Well, he did it.

What happens next?

Barry should aim even higher....how about 869 home runs?

Go to the bottom of the link for analysis on why Sadaharu Oh should in the Baseball Hall of Fame.
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    Cal, like Gwynn, are true ambassadors to the sport.

Cal a true ambassador??? He was such a crumudgeon and SO MUCH BETTER THAN HIS TEAMMATES :rolleyes: that he didn't even travel with the team. He separated himself from his teammates. He traveled in a limo when the team traveled in a bus. He flew in a jet separate from his team. Cal Ripken was a pretty damned good ballplayer but that bogus streak, stat, record whatever it is called turned me and many baseball fans in this area totally against him and the O's.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    Hey ladies in the place I'm callin' out to ya
    There never was a city kid truer and bluer
    There's more to me than you'll ever know
    And I've got more hits than Sadaharu Oh
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    Curt Shilling is a major league D-Bag as well though...He's always spouting off about others..

You feel he's a **** bag because he tells it like it is? He always spoke his mind. Like him or it or not, he is consistent in that.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited August 2007
    Are you guys gonna be all right? You realize in the end this is all a GAME, where people swing a slab of wood at a ball and run around, right?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • KG Audio
    edited August 2007
    Hey ladies in the place I'm callin' out to ya
    There never was a city kid truer and bluer
    There's more to me than you'll ever know
    And I've got more hits than Sadaharu Oh

I was thinking the same thing!!! :D

Beasties!!! ;)

KG
  • DarqueKnight
    edited August 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Are you guys gonna be all right? You realize in the end this is all a GAME, where people swing a slab of wood at a ball and run around, right?

Hey now, this is America's favorite sport we're discussing. It ain't like we're talking about cheating at a neighborhood marbles game.
  • KG Audio
    edited August 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »

It might be a game but it is a VERY lucrative game. Hell, Barry Zito pitched like crap last night but he still got PAID...$126 mill over 7 years!!! :eek:

If the fans keep packing the stadiums and paying those insane ticket prices, it will continue to be this way.

KG