Welcome Back...to Me

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2007
    George: I'm still troubled by the name. To me, "girl_addicted" sounds like a horny guy and not a female.
    Besides, she was still eating glue when W wasn't president. ;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited August 2007
    My name is Destiney, by the way. I think it might get a bit off-putting to be called "Hey, you, GIrl."

And that's the second time on this board today some kind of implication about witchcraft has been made about me. What is up with that?

Sorry Destiny, the first implication was from me and it was more about the name of the Porcupine Tree forum than about you personally. I certainly wasn't trying to imply anything.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2007
    Agreed Darla!:)
    Unfortunately audio is mostly a men's club but most (Most not all) of the guys here are respectful most of the time.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited August 2007
    If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the call for some of you guys to start calling Destiney some disparaging names? You know, simply because she has an opposing view.

Destiney, there's a reason that politics shouldn't be discussed on this forum.

Not to derail, but I think in this day and age it's refreshing that an 18 year old has ANY political opinion! Stick around Destiney, this is a fun forum.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2007
    Not to derail, but I think in this day and age it's refreshing that an 18 year old has ANY political opinion! Stick around Destiney, this is a fun forum.

However misinformed it may be.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited August 2007
    Welcome back!

The age range is surprisingly good here. We have quite a few members that are under 25 or 30.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited August 2007
    michael_w wrote: »
    Welcome back!

The age range is surprisingly good here. We have quite a few members that are under 25 or 30.

I'm a bit younger than Trey...so good to see we have some members under 18 to 20.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2007
    Tonyb, I'm right as rain on the first count too, and you know it. The only reason she didn't get nuked is because YOU GUYS KNEW she's 18 years old.

Why can't you guys NOT discuss politics? Even if some person comes in and unknowingly lets one loose, why can't it just be "We don't discuss politics on this forum." Who's 18?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited August 2007
    The only female in this place that I would bet my life on would be Cathy.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2007
    And she wouldn't touch you with a ten-foot-pole.
  • cfrizz
    edited August 2007
    ROTFLMAO!!!!:D George & Mark, I don't know what I would do without you 2 guys on this board. You never fail to crack me up.:D You're the best!

Besides which George, I don't have to touch him, he's too busy touching himself! I doubt he wants help. And if he does....I'll send Jesse!:D :p:D
    And she wouldn't touch you with a ten-foot-pole.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited August 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    ROTFLMAO!!!!:D George & Mark, I don't know what I would do without you 2 guys on this board. You never fail to crack me up.:D You're the best!

Besides which George, I don't have to touch him, he's too busy touching himself! I doubt he wants help. And if he does....I'll send Jesse!:D :p:D

:eek: :eek: Whoa!!!!
  • cfrizz
    edited August 2007
    :D Do you not see what is under Mark's signature???:eek: :D Other than that, Russ would be the logical answer since they always seem to travel together, but he is all the way in TX!

As for sending Jesse, all I really want to find out is if what all the guys say about Jesse's hair is true?:confused: I figured Mark could tell me for sure!:eek: ;):D
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: Whoa!!!!
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited August 2007
    I seen it!:) I just find it awfully hilarious!!:D
  • Girl_Addicted
    Girl_Addicted Posts: 195
    edited August 2007
    It wasn't really politics, it was environmentalism.

And if anyone can point me to facts opposing my view that Bush hasn't been a very "environmentally conscience" president, then please do.

And by the by, I was exaggerating with the title of the documentary.

Sorry if I offended any of you; but maybe you should learn to open your mind. Lord knows most of you are old enough by now.
    Trey (5:22:24 AM): my Taylos have copper phase plugs
    Trey (5:22:26 AM): they shiney
    Destiney (5:22:39 AM): ahaha
    Destiney (5:22:57 AM): that gives wrong pictures of you lovingly caressing your taylos copper phase plugs
    Trey (5:23:25 AM): >_>
    Trey (5:23:27 AM): Mayyybe
    Trey (5:23:31 AM): I do dust them, does this count?
    Destiney (5:23:22 AM): do you linger?
    Trey (5:23:49 AM): not normally
    Destiney (5:23:35 AM): then its okaaaaay
  • Girl_Addicted
    edited August 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    George: I'm still troubled by the name. To me, "girl_addicted" sounds like a horny guy and not a female.
    Besides, she was still eating glue when W wasn't president. ;)

I made up that name for the forum when I was 15, don't hold it against me.

Actually, I was reading Jane Eyre and the Ken Starr Report when George W wasn't president. What were YOU doing?
    Destiney (5:22:57 AM): that gives wrong pictures of you lovingly caressing your taylos copper phase plugs
  • Girl_Addicted
    edited August 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    However misinformed it may be.

I would like you to point out to me which part of my statement was misinformed and then I will let this rest.

Because, as far as I have read:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0122-03.htm

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-ed-bears29dec29,1,1600747.story?coll=la-news-comment&ctrack=1&cset=true
  • cfrizz
    edited August 2007
    Oh My! You do have grit Destiney!:D

However, George is correct about no politics discussion in here. While you might not have meant to it became one as soon as you brought up whatsitsname.

You missed some doozies of flame wars in the years that you have been gone over these kinds of discussions. So everyone trys to avoid them at all costs. And Polk management discourages it as well.

It's just a lot more peaceful that way. Besides, we get into enough trouble discussing cables!:eek: :D
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2007
    I would like you to point out to me which part of my statement was misinformed and then I will let this rest.

Because, as far as I have read:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0122-03.htm

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-ed-bears29dec29,1,1600747.story?coll=la-news-comment&ctrack=1&cset=true

Sure.
    he would still be on my bad side for raping the wilds of Alaska and ignoring the plight of the polar bear.

All of that is utterly ridiculous.

From the first article:
    "Most of the federal petroleum reserve was opened for oil drilling during the Clinton administration.."

Oh, and I'm not registered with the the LA Times. Mind posting the article here?
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited August 2007
    No no no no no stop stop stop stop.

Just don't go there, please. PM if you must.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited August 2007
    Tonyb, I'm right as rain on the first count too, and you know it. The only reason she didn't get nuked is because YOU GUYS KNEW she's 18 years old.

Why can't you guys NOT discuss politics? Even if some person comes in and unknowingly lets one loose, why can't it just be "We don't discuss politics on this forum." Who's 18?

Exactly George,if Cathy or Darla spewed out that B.S. alot of people would pile on them.Agree with the politics thing though,nothing but bad things ever come about from it.And as far as I can tell,no name calling has taken place.But alas,there is always someone who starts.So to Destiny,please refrain from such.And welcome again.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • wingnut4772
    edited August 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    The only female in this place that I would bet my life on would be Cathy.

Gee Thanks:rolleyes:
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited August 2007
    Gee Thanks:rolleyes:

It's ok Wing, we believe you....:p
  • Girl_Addicted
    edited August 2007
    I hereby withdraw the statement about Bush's **** the country in every other way.

I was not aware that politics were so "touchy." I guess I take for granted the fact that I can argue politics without "nuking" someone, as you guys so nicely put it.

I didn't know that discussion of politics was discouraged, so you know. I definitely wasn't trying to stir anything up. I actually said most of what I said in a "haha, she said raping the wilds of Alaska."

But, I would appreciate it if certain people would not private message me and insult my views and my choice of reading material. It was not in good taste, at all.

For the record, I don't appreciate anyone insinuating that just because I'm 18, I can't hold my own.

I would like it if all discussion of the politics, my views, and the "flaming" of anyone who has semi-liberal views ended here.

Thank you.
  • wingnut4772
    edited August 2007
    It's ok Wing, we believe you....:p

Ok thanks. Now if you will excuse me, I need to finish this last set of curls, go change my oil and go watch my Man Show box set.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• Bill Ayotte
    edited August 2007
    Ok thanks. Now if you will excuse me, I need to finish this last set of curls, go change my oil and go watch my Man Show box set.

That's a lot of man things to do in one night....We like to take our time....You may just want to finish that set of curls then go straight to the Man Show....Maybe change the oil tomorrow, who knows....:p :D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2007

LOL you go girl ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• wingnut4772
    edited August 2007
    That's a lot of man things to do in one night....We like to take our time....You may just want to finish that set of curls then go straight to the Man Show....Maybe change the oil tomorrow, who knows....:p :D

You may be right. I also manage to set aside some time for burping and scratching so that may be enough for one day.:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• Bill Ayotte
    edited August 2007
    You may be right. I also manage to set aside some time for burping and scratching so that may be anough for one day.:p

You left out all of the farting......:p :D
  • Girl_Addicted
    edited August 2007
    You left out all of the farting......:p :D

And the beer.